Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

• Hi - thanks for that I should've said I've also got the same issue through my Pioneer Bluray player which is also a media hub, so not just with the TV.

• Hi there I've been experiencing an issue with MiniDLNA v1.1 for some time, which I've just been ignoring! I have OMV installed on an HP microserver and stream video files to my TV via powerline ethernet adaptors. For some time now when I select media server from my TV (a 2014 Panasonic plasma) MiniDLNA doesn't show up on the list of available sources for something like 40 seconds. My desktop PC accounts all show instantly. I don't think it's a network connectivity issue as once connected it work…

• Moving OMV install from HDD to SSD

Adrian E - - General

Hi folks I'm a numpty with code so please bare with me! I've been wanting to swap my OMV install from a noisy 250GB HDD to a spare 128GB SSD I had left over after an upgrade. I've tried this before using clonezilla and couldn't get it to work due to the drive being smaller, even after shrinking the partition. I've removed the HDD from my HP microserver and attached both drives to my desktop pc, used minitool partition wizard to copy the OMV installation partition and the Linux swap partition ove…

• Anacron error message

Adrian E - - Plugins

Hi there I'm getting the same error at the moment - the output of ls -alh /etc/logrotate.d/ is below: Source Code (43 lines) I don't know what the above means, so rather than follow the instructions above blindly I thought I'd check if the same recommendation applies! Many thanks Adrian

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “I don't have that file on any of my systems either. As root: mv /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-release /root/ apt-get update If no errors, delete the file: rm /root/99openmediavault-release” Thanks - done - will see if the e-mail error warnings disappear! 6 updates have now appeared in my web gui update list, which weren't available earlier

• I've got the same - running the command above I get: /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/99openmediavault-release:APT::Default-Release "stable"; I'm on version 1.18 ETA - thought I'd post it here but there's always the potential for me not understanding this stuff! Was a clean install of 1.0 IIRC

• Yes I did. I might just do a fresh install on the SSD instead. Is there a simple way to copy the configuration over if I do that instead?

• Hiya Thanks for the suggestion - did as advised and shrunk the partition down, but clonezilla still sees the drive as being smaller and refuses to copy it across? I've deleted the partitions that were sitting on the SSD so it's basically an unformatted disc as I thought that might be the issue. Have tried creating an image from the original HDD and restoring that to the SSD and it falls over again. Also tried telling clonezilla to ignore the size of the SSD in advanced options, with no change. A…

• Hi folks I have OMV setup just the way I want it, so would rather not have to reinstall from scratch. At the moment my HP Micro Server is running the supplied HDD with OMV on it (250GB from memory) and after cloning the OS drive on my desktop I now have a spare Crucial M4 128GB SSD sitting here, which I'd like to install for running OMV in the micro server. I used Clonezilla to image my old SSD onto the new one, so familiar with that. Unfortunately it can't deal with imaging a larger drive onto …

• Any worth using, or am I best off ignoring it? Being able to update the trackers would be handy too lol

• Hi all I recently rebuilt my HP micro server after installing additional storage and following that doing a reinstall of OMV after swapping my USB stick for a proper HDD. I've noticed that transmissionbt doesn't seem to be working as well as it was before I started messing about. In configuration terms my network setup is the same, although I've set a static IP now as it changed on reinstallation and that was a pain with loads of network shares setup in windows based on IP. I have a number of fi…

• update php

Adrian E - - General

Another 5 updates for php just gone through so I imagine that's the fix released! Been getting e-mails every 30 minutes with the same error message so hopefully that'll stop them

• update php

Adrian E - - General

Google Has Auto translated this for me, But I am getting this error Also message after running updates this Morning Which included miniDLNA ron <root @ OpenMediaVault> [-x / usr / lib / php5 / maxlifetime] && [-x / usr / lib / php5 / sessionclean] && [-d / var / lib / php5] && / usr / lib / php5 / sessionclean / var / lib / php5 $ (/ usr / lib / php5 / maxlifetime) [openmediavault.home] Source Code (1 line) gnu.org/software/sed/gnu.org/gethelp/

• transmissionbt fails to install

Adrian E - - Plugins

Turns out I wasn't doing anything wrong! Updated plugin released yesterday has sorted it

Adrian E - - Plugins

OK, above was user error - I'd forgotten since it's a long time since I set up folder shares that you then needed to go into SMB to add them there as well! D'oh! I can now view my torrents folders, including incomplete and watch sub-folders. I've tried adding a torrent file to the watch list and it changes from .torrent to added in explorer, but it isn't added to the torrents tab in OMV. I've also noticed it doesn't allow me to add a torrent from within the GUI. What am I doing wrong?!

Adrian E - - Plugins

Thanks guys Followed the advice above and got bittorrent to update. Setup some shared folders to suit but now they don't appear if I try to add a network location under 'computer' in explorer. Tried creating a different shared folder and that isn't showing up either - do I need to restart a service or something to get it working again post-bittorrent install?

Adrian E - - Plugins

Hasn't worked unfortunately ETA - didn't see last post before trying. Will have a go at removing the old plugins

Adrian E - - Plugins

Just to add I've created a support log file in case it helps. ID is Qjqy4BZD

Adrian E - - Plugins

Hiya Result below: Source Code (14 lines)

Adrian E - - Plugins

Hiya No success with that unfortunately: Source Code (6 lines) Still stuck at 'building dependency tree'