Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• raid5 disk failure.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from geaves: “Exactly, but to the average home user they believe that raid is the option to have, but when something like that happens (which can also happen from a power outage) they think they have lost everything and the issue is with the o/s. ” But the home user is exactly who I wouldn't want it to auto-assemble for. They are typically using junk hardware and don't have notifications working. If they lost a second drive, they would be really mad that their data was gone. And if someone…

• Error with static ip on rock64

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from Ciccius: “No, just the physical interface eth0. ” Ok. I moved this to its own thread since that other thread was caused by a bonding issue. I highly doubt the issue with your rock64 is the image. I have a rockpro64 from ayufan (same build script) with a static ip and it works fine. What settings are you using? screenshots are good.

• Error with static ip on rock64

ryecoaaron - - Network

Quote from Ciccius: “Thank you votdev, I'll try another image, maybe 64 bits version or the official OMV image for Rock64. ” Are you really trying to setup bonded network adapters on the rock64?

• raid5 disk failure.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from geaves: “I would agree, but I tried this when I first started using software raid as a test when I set up an iscsi backup in school, the output was the same inactive. The idea behind it was to utilise the previous server which had been replaced. ” I just tested on a VM. Wiping the drive to simulate it being missing allowed the array to be assembled. But removing the drive caused the array to be inactive. Stopping the inactive array and assembling it allowed it to be started degraded. …

• raid5 disk failure.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from tkaiser: “Seriously? Is this expected behavior with mdraid's RAID-5 mode? ” With one drive missing, it should start degraded.

• install OMV on my NAS with usb Key

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “a error on OMV ? ” No. Your network settings must be bad. Without seeing the settings, I really can't help.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “what can i do ? ” use it. probably install omv-extras and the zfs plugin if your data drives are using zfs.

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “how can i run it ? ” It is running. See the line that says Active: active (running) That tells me that the web interface should be working. ip addr will tell you the systems address. Put that address in the url bar of a browser on a different system. Quote from .H.: “my old system was on ZFS before . How can i reconstruct that with the pool ( like it was before i think for access to my data ) ” one thing at a time.

• SATA card

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from GTvert90: “Should I just run it as a RAID card? ” I never did. I used it as a sata/sas card with nice cabling. I did use a 9260 as a raid card for a while. Quote from GTvert90: “If I ran hardware RAID and the card shit out I'd have to track down the same card correct? ” Yes but you can get these cards cheap enough (ebay) that you could just buy two. Quote from GTvert90: “Or is it just that in theoretically I can take my 6 drives that are software RAID, move them to a new system and ev…

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from .H.: “and now how can i run it ? ” It should be "running". What is the output of: systemctl status openmediavault-engined

• SATA card

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from GTvert90: “I thought I might be better off getting a SATA card (not RAID card). Does anyone have any suggestions so I don't have to worry about compatibility issues with OMV? ” LSI 9211-8i/Dell H200/Dell H310/IBM M1015 (they all can be flashed with the 9211 IT mode bios). While it is a raid card, when flashed with IT mode firmware, it acts like a sata card and works much better

• Quote from epsilon2: “can u tell me please which system is using the drive? debian or omv. ” OMV is a web interface running on Debian. If you are using usbbackup, then rsync is using the drive. Quote from epsilon2: “i am trying to copy around 1.5 TB and I am unsure what is going on. The process is running for 20h now. ” If you are connected via usb2 and/or have a slow drive, 1.5TB can take a long time to transfer. In the web interface, Diagnostics -> System Information -> Processes would show yo…

ryecoaaron - - General

apt-get install openmediavault should work then.

• Quote from epsilon2: “I am new ” You posted this thread five times. Please see problem #4 Solutions to common problems As for your problem, the system is using the drive. Not sure what you are trying to re-enable.

• crash omv-mkconf and omv-update

ryecoaaron - - General

I hope you didn't say yes to removing all of those packages. I would try: apt-get install --reinstall python3.5 python3 python3-apt

ryecoaaron - - General

That looks fine. Now: apt-get install openmediavault-keyring postfix Post the output

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from foresthus: “By the way, trying to edit anything using the gui, these tries are failing aswell. ” That is because python is in a bad state. No need to use the gui until the packages are fixed.

ryecoaaron - - General

Answering all of my questions will only help you. What is the output of: apt-get -f install

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from foresthus: “And your anwser to the sutuation is not very helpful. ” In Volker's defense, the errors you are getting are very unusual for a system that has not been tampered with. What is the output of the following: dpkg -l | grep -v ^ii dpkg -l | grep openm Also, why were you using omv-update? Was something not working in the web interface?

• Quote from integros: “I never questioned that armbian normally supports all these things. All I am saying is that on the Ondroid HC1 I can't chroot sftp. ” An odroid and the renegade have the same userland. They just have a different kernel (and uboot). I don't think the kernel is causing this. I will find my xu4 when I have a chance to try this. Can you post the output of: omv-showkey sftp