Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 35.

• NGINX Reverse proxy + vitual hosts

sNiXx - - Plugins

Quote from erichabg: “Where can I set Name-based Servername ?Where to put the Extra options? Did not find any settings in OVM webgui for nginx. Do I have to edit the nginx.conf? Regards Erich ” Quick solution to your question - note that you don't need the nginx plugin for this! Using Nextcloud as an example: Create /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/nextcloud.conf with the content below. Make changes to the file name, nextcloud and http://localhost:port/ to suit your needs. This example would a…

• SSL connection to Docker container

sNiXx - - Plugins

Quote from colehan: “Hey, I’m by no means an expert, but I have been trying to do this for a while and I think this might help. I, too, had been trying to get NextCloud from docker running SSL. I installed a NC docker container (wonderfall/nextcloud) and now have it running through OMV letsencrypt cert with SSL. Here was my process. 1. Install NC (wonderfall/nextcloud) through docker webgui inside OMV 2. Opened the port 8888 in router 3. Setup directories like the image below (I’m not sure if th…

• I am also getting the same error after a CRON run. @ryecoaaron: Have you heard back from bintray support?

• Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

sNiXx - - General

Just a quick question: Is this the recommended approach? How about docker containers (e.g. this or this)?

• @ryecoaaron and @tekkb, thanks for the hint! I replaced the 1x2GB RAM with 2x8GB RAM, but emby crashed nonetheless. I then went to the dashboard and saw that it was running a pending syncing job. After stopping it manually, emby stopped crashing. So, everything is working now and hopefully someone else might find this information useful in the future.

• HPE Proliant Servers

sNiXx - - My NAS Build

Quote from deejc: “Performance isn't an issue wasted space is. I have no need for the ssd in this box and I have no use for the extra space at this time. I know there is a plugin to reduce writes to SD cards but is anyone using the SD card in the gen8” I had the same problem and decided to give the SD card as system drive a try. I have been running OMV with the openmediavault-flashmemory plugin for almost a year now. Also see this post from last year: Quote from sNiXx: “Have been using the somew…

• Hey everyone I realised a few days ago that emby stops working after approximately 10 minutes for no apparent reason. Looking at other threads didn't help much, but after having looked at the logs, I am a bit confused, because it seems to be memory related. I then looked at the processes and saw that memory taken by mono was increasing relatively fast upon restarting the service and later also tested my memory with memtest86, but there were no errors. Does anyone have any ideas where this could …

• Omv on Micro SD or SSD

sNiXx - - General

Have been using the somewhat complicated ODD bay option (with GRUB on a USB stick), but wanted something simpler and more energy saving. That's why I installed OMV on a microSD and the flashmemory plugin. If anyone is interested in the same setup, I suggest using the "Virtual Media" feature on the Gen8, as booting seemed to fail when installing from USB drives (I suspect issues with GRUB). However, installing from CD/DVD should give the same result. So far, everything is working perfectly.

• HPE Proliant Servers

sNiXx - - My NAS Build

Just out of curiosity, how long does it take your systems to boot? My OMV is running on an HDD in the ODD bay (Gen8) and it takes more than two minutes until it is fully running. Do you guys know of any way to improve this?

• I can't make system work

sNiXx - - General

Quote from openvault: “ sNiXx, the prompt I've when I boot is "open login: " and if I enter here "ifconfig" or "ifconfig -a" I've an error message, It seems like before entering any command I've to validate using user/pass (system asks for login and pass), but I've try all possible combinations with no succeed, always "Login incorrect". Regards” You're exactly right! The user should be "root" and the password was set during installation. After entering the correct login credentials, you can chec…

• I can't make system work

sNiXx - - General

If I remember correctly, I had a similar problem. Apparently, the NAS may receive the IP address "too late", so the info doesn't show up on the screen, but instead you get "no interface(s) available". Maybe try Source Code (1 line) and check if the relevant NIC got an IP address.

• Quote from davidh2k: “ Schlag dir das aus dem Kopf. Ich kann dir versprechen das Volker keine gewinnbringenden Absichten verfolgt, freiwillige Spenden ausgenommen! Muss halt jeder selbst wissen ob er mehr fuer weniger ausgeben moechte. ;)” OMV ist ein sehr unterstützenswertes Projekt - daher möchte ich wirklich jedem ans Herz legen, etwas zurückzugeben. Sei dies in Form einer (regelmässigen) Spende, Fehlersuche oder Tutorials. Für eine solche Leistung habt ihr meinen tiefsten Respekt! Wie omavos…

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

Ok, that makes sense - thanks for the hint! I will have to try this once I'm at home. I'm just a little bit confused about this field's function and why I see "openmediavault.xxx.ddns.net" as hostname under "System Information" when I defined "openmediavault" as hostname.

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

Quote from tekkb: “If this does not work give me screenshot of your system/network/general page and tell me which plugin you are using, OpenVPN AS or OpenVPN ??” I'm using OpenVPN AS and the screenshots are below.

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

Quote from tekkb: “Really...much to learn. If you expand the picture you will see I am connected via a VPN connection. I am getting the plex sign in because my VPN connected address is on a different subnet. ” Well that is certainly true, but the motivation is there, wouldn't you agree? What I can't figure out is how to use the hostname I defined when connected via VPN like you obviously do (omv). I had to use "http://192.168.0.30:32400/web/index.html" instead of the usual "openmediavault:32400/…

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

This works flawlessly inside the LAN under Windows but not Linux (IP works though). Also, accessing the Web UI of the different services and OMV itself through VPN doesn't work with the hostname - I have to enter the LAN IP of the server.

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

Thanks, tekkb! Dropping the ".local" did the trick - what could be the exact reason for this? It seems the certificate may be an issue. I managed to resolve the second issue: there was a space in front of the hostname that wasn't ignored by the OpenVPN client. Is it normal though that with VPN one has to enter the IP address, because the browser cannot resolve hostnames? Or can this behaviour be changed?

• Error in OpenVPN AS

sNiXx - - Plugins

Quote from tekkb: “Make sure to upgrade to openmediavault-openvpnas version 1.0.10” After upgrading with Update Manager I was able to install 1.0.10 and it solved the problem of not being able to install OpenVPN AS. Thanks for the hint! However, I still face two issues. Could you help me out as well, tekkb? First of all, I can't access the Web UI via openmediavault.local:943/admin, but using the IP adress works. Strangely enough, the hostname works for CUPS, shellinabox, etc... Second, I cannot …

• HPE Proliant Servers

sNiXx - - My NAS Build

Hey everyone Just a quick feedback for the ODD workaround (I used this guide). What isn't mentioned though, is that you have to enable "SATA AHCI support" in the ROM-Based Setup utility first to be able to boot into OMV. Also, you may create two partitions, one small one for GRUB (~128MB) and the other one for other uses. As some reported that in AHCI mode drive temperatures are not read and thus power usage would increase, I tried changing back to the RAID controller and I get an error message …

• Had the same experience with NTFS, also eXtplorer seems to crash after some time...