Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 36.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Snapraid data error

Sean - - RAID

Hi, the last 'snapraid sync' gave me this result: [...] Data error in file '/path/to/file.xls' at position '0', diff bits 66/128 [...] 0 file errors 0 io errors 1 data errors DANGER! Unexpected data errors! The failing blocks are now marked as bad! Use 'snapraid status' to list the bad blocks. Use 'snapraid -e fix' to recover. Since I don't fully understand the details of how snapraid works, I would appreciate some advice how to interpret this error and how to fix it. My wife (it's her file) doe…

• Mergerfs and moving files

Sean - - Plugins

Aaaaah. I got confused because all the other options in the field didn't have arguments. Now everything's working as it should; thanks again!

Sean - - Plugins

OK. It's 2.23.0 as it should be.

Sean - - Plugins

OK, I verified it: If I boot without the "ignorepp" option, everything is fine, but if it is present, I run into the error described above. Any ideas why? Edit: Did some more testing. When I used "mfs" as strategy, it worked even with "ignorepp", but when I tried to go back to "epmfs", after switching back to "epmfs" and clicking "apply", I got the error message: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/srv/641…

• OK, starting snapraid with niceness 19 did the trick! (Although it used more than 90% of the memory. Guess I'll have to upgrade my RAM...)

• Quote from tkaiser: “you could 'apt install sysstat iozone3 ionice lsof' ” I got: E: unable to locate package ionice

Sean - - Plugins

I booted with the new option now (updated to the new version, of course), and the system booted into emergency mode, because it couldn't mount the merged filesystem. This is the error message: forum.openmediavault.org/index…61baa8f810d12706096675e62 Do I have to recreate the merged fs? If yes, how can I do it because right now I can't boot into normal mode and use the web interface... Edit: I already booted once without problems after the module update, and the only thing I changed between that …

• Hmm, now the HDD LED is off, but still no reaction. Not even to the keyboard. No pings. Does it make sense to wait?

• Thanks for the replies. I will just let it continue. Now I wish I hadn't pushed the reset button this morning after it ran for the night... If it's only so slow one time, it's OK. It's a large amount of files, but it's all the photos, documents etc. I collected over 20 years. So in the future the growth will be quite slow. Talking about snapraid, am I right in thinking that if I want it to sync regularly, I have to use "Scheduled jobs" and add a weekly "snapraid sync" command? Does it make sense…

Sean - - Plugins

I didn't expect the update to come so fast; thank you! I'm currently struggling with Snapraid, so I cannot test it immediately, but as soon as this is over I will test it and let you know if it worked.

• Hi, I just tried to run a snapraid sync for the first time (from the control panel, and it got as far as scanning the second disk, after which I received a "communication failure" popup. The server also didn't react to console inputs, ssh, or smb access. I rebooted (using the hardware button) and tried again, this time from the console, the result is the same: Quote: “ Self test... Loading state from ... Scanning disk Data1... Scanning disk Data2... ” I noticed that the HDD led is still on, and …

• rsync is too smart for me

Sean - - General

Thanks, seems to be working now! Though I have to admit I don't understand why. Why does the star have an influence on the files in the subdirectories, but not the subdirectories themselves?

• rsync is too smart for me

Sean - - General

(doesn't the topic sound much better than "I'm too stupid for rsync"?) I managed to set up my OMV server now (with more than a little help from this forum, thanks again to the people involved), and now I'm trying to move all data from my old Synology NAS to the new one with rsync. I use the following command line: rsync -rtv --exclude @eaDir/ rsync://admin@<syno-ip>:/<syno-directory>/ /srv/<omv-drive>/<omv-directory> (@eaDir is a directory that the Synology OS creates for shared folders.) I am n…

Sean - - Plugins

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to the new version (and its integration in OMV...)

Sean - - Plugins

Yes, that would make me happy!

Sean - - Plugins

Wow, I get to make a wish! And from the software developer himself! Yes, I would like that behavior. maybe my scenario is unusual, but I have one directory for all downloads, which I move to the proper place once the download is finished. If the file is large, I'd rather duplicate the directory than move it to another disk. And then I also have directories for personal files, which are prone to complex subdirectory structures, but there I dont move files around much, so there I'd like the existi…

• ASRock J3455-ITX problems

Sean - - Motherboards

OK, that's what I had hoped. Thanks for the pointer!

• ASRock J3455-ITX problems

Sean - - Motherboards

OK, maybe I can be a bit more specific. When I used OMV 2.1, I took about 10-20 seconds (just my memory) to format an 8TB disk. With OMV 3.0, it was more like 5-10 minutes. Is this what I should expect, or is the system running slower than it could? (In both cases, I didn't modify any settings, so if the defaults changed between 2 and 3, that could be an explanation.)

Sean - - Plugins

Hi, I just started using mergerfs, and I was wondering what happens if I move a file from one directory in the pool to another one: Can I be sure that the file will not be moved to another disk? I found the following info: github.com/trapexit/mergerfs github.com/trapexit/mergerfs/issues/248 So apparently, if I use any "existing path" policy, I can't be sure it won't be moved. I kind of like the "existing path" idea, but since I often move large files, this is is no option for me. Is there any wa…

• Quote from gderf: “No, that's not the idea of mergerfs itself. The OMV plugin has its limitations though, and that's what you are seeing. I want to pool folders on several drives to a mount point, but to do that I have to configure that by hand per the mergerfs documentation. ” Nice to know it wasn't me being stupid.