Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 33.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi all, after upgrade to OMV 4 one of my hard disk are not mounted anymore... (sde1) Source Code (6 lines) I try to mounted manually via /etc/fstab but doenst help.. Source Code (17 lines)Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

• Replacing hardware without data lost...

Emal011 - - General

Hi people, my old system is runing with problems and before something catastrophal happends, I would like to change the complete hardware but using the same HDD's. Now, I found a really cheap and in good conditons HP G7 Microserver, just I'm not sure if a new Installation would recognize my old HDD's?! I'm confuse, because th G7 doesn't have separate sata-conectors, like my old Nas-System. What would you recomend me? A new installation and after that connect each disk, one by one?

• Quote from davidh2k: “ I guess your CPU is just a bit underpowered for the transcoding... Greetings David” What do you mean with underpowered? Yesterday I made some test, watching some videos, and again CPU between 32-36°C with very low cpu usage, but the Colling fan was a jet engine!! I uploaded some screenshots. forum.openmediavault.org/index…0c0b83f05fac36afb11d8054dforum.openmediavault.org/index…0c0b83f05fac36afb11d8054d I dont know what else to do, so maybe at the end I have to install OMV …

• Ok so I made 3 measures, one right after started, one after 5min, and another after watching a video from Plex(10min 720, 5.1, subs), but this time from my PC. Source Code (24 lines) Source Code (23 lines) Source Code (23 lines)

• thanks for your help, I will do it tonight, i tried yesterday but for some limits(text) reasons i couldn't uploaded. Edit: ----------------------------------------------------- It could be that the problem of overloading from plex is because I'm using it from a PS3 console too? If I don't remember wrong, when I use plex from my SmartTV, my Nas doesn't start to sound like a jet engine!?? Anyways, the 194% is not really normal. I would take a look tonight..

• ok, I made what you recommend me, for the test I watched a video in 1080. from sensors: Source Code (56 lines) and from cpuload: Source Code (50 lines) The results are telling me, that plex is using more of 100% of cpu?

• Have you activated ssl connection? If you are under a window browser, try to hit Ctrl + f5. Maybe could help a restart(again).

• But what could be? I didn't install nothing else, just change Mainboard, Prozessor and RAM. And thonk with more power(cpu) everything should be better.. How can I follow the CPU temperature? The dashboard doesn't show those settings..

• Delete your browser cache. That can help in this situation.

• Hi, I'm interested in this motherboard, seems pretty decent for me. There's a possibility of one of you guys to write a review on how's good is this mainboard? What are the cons and pros, how good is with videos (kodi, plex)?? I would really appreciate! P.s: Sorry for the out of theme post.

• Well at the beginning was actually everything working fine, just a couple of days ago my NAS start to running very unstable. Even if I'm not using it, start the CPU-Fan to run very high. It was understandable when I was watching some HD 1080 video, but even in idle modus? It was if something is running in background, but nothing it is... There's something that went wrong? Should install OMV again? the last time I just made an first-aid setup... Even worse is, that my old setup was better than th…

• Quote from davidh2k: “Quote from Emal011: “The only way to have a video output is buying a video card and today is not the kind of day to do that...” It may be that your mainboard is unable to boot without with a GPU inserted... Greetings David” OK, thanks for the advice... I will buy some cheap one tomorrow

• Well funny thing, my "new" mainboard doesn´t have a video output.. no VGA, or DVI..etc... I read a post with the same problem, and a solution was: Quote: “ No need to reinstall. rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot. If that doesn't fix it, run omv-firstaid ” What could happend if I turn my pc on? Can I see what happend via ssh? The only way to have a video output is buying a video card and today is not the kind of day to do that...

• Hello folks, I'm trying to upgrade my Mainboard to a better one, but I'm stuck in one problem, can I install OMV and then just add my hardisks without problem? I don't want to lose the information in my hdd's but I think for better performance I have to install OMV again. Is a safe procedure? Should I have to be worry about something? Thanks in advance. ML

• "Phylactery": 31TiB NAS cube

Emal011 - - My NAS Build

Looking good! Just tell us(me) how noisy is after you turn it on!

• The same happend to me after the new update. root and users accounts works, is just the admin account.

• I think you have to wait until the developer update the version for OMV. It doesn't take to much time for the Omv-version.

• Umstieg von Synology - Was ist machbar?

Emal011 - - General

Ich glaube alles ist machbar, nun du brauchst nur Geduld um alles zu einrichten. 1.) Das muß eigentlich gehen. Versucht ein Virtuellesenvironment zu einrichten und probiert mal. Oder wartet das jemand andere besser erklären kann. 2.) Mmm... ich bin auch neugierig geworden. 3.) Plex(hat auch ein DLNA funktion), oder miniDLNA, die beiden benutze ich und muß ich sagen, wow. Kinderleicht zu einrichten. 4.) Bin nicht der Apple -benutzer, aber ich gehe davon aus, daß heutzutage verschiedenen Möglichke…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “No need to reinstall. rm /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules and reboot. If that doesn't fix it, run omv-firstaid” For real? Is just that simple? I´m runing my nas in an old PC(HP Compaq) with just 3Bay for the HDD. Now that my system is optimal configure, I´m thinkign to move my system in to a "new" enviroment, a new case with more bays, new processor and motherboard. Just I was wondering how to do it, without make some crash. And I hope your recomendation works! P…

• Maybe I didn't expose my problem clearly. XD if I find some big files like those in the var/log folder how I delete those files without having a failure? I mean, is just enter in to the folder and start deleting files? And how I can recognise if a log file is corrupt? mail.info is very unusual to me, even if I never get a mail notification... XD