Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• There was a "Run-time" version that I used which might have been earlier, though probably simultaneous. But you are right--I miscalculated. I think it would have been 1986, so it's 32 years. Sorry about that.

• Quote from gderf: “Quote from MPPurcell: “I chose not to use a capital first letter (on the advice of someone that Linux does not like capitals.) ” How did that "someone" ever come up with that idea? ” Hey, what do I know? I've been a Windows guy for 36 years (not a pro, but you learn a lot over that period dealing with stuff just as a home user with a little bit of networking experience.) So this whole linux world is strange to me. It's hard to sort out what advice to listen to sometimes. Thank…

• It took me a little while to get in, because stupidly, I hadn't written down the password I chose. It was one I've used before, but I forgot that this time I chose not to use a capital first letter (on the advice of someone that Linux does not like capitals.) So it took a while for me to try that. In any case, I'm in. Thanks for your help! Yes, I'll draft a formal letter of complaint to Linus...

• Okay, Wow, sort of like playing the slots blind in Vegas. If I get 3 cherries, I win the prize--but you don't see the cherries coming up till after the fact. Thanks, I'll try it. Maybe this is common in the Linux world, but I've never seen it!

• This seems like a very odd problem to me. I want to access OMV via my monitor and keyboard, because I can't seem to get in through the Web GUI, and the router is not finding the NAS. Mostly, I want to make sure I have the IP Address I think I have. For a while I was trying to use "admin" for the user, and then I found the information here that I need to use "root". Okay, so far. But then, when it asks me for the password, as I type, NOTHING appears on the screen. I know it's not supposed to show…

• OMV as Master Browser

MPPurcell - - General

Thanks for these comments. 1) I don't have any add-on firewalls. I'm just using what Windows 10 provides. I have been working with someone on the TenForums on this, who seems to understand some of the issues. Apparently there are quirks that are different in the last couple of implementations of Windows 10. There are things in the setup of Windows Services that can be adjusted, and some have been helpful, but certain things still are wonky. 2) I did determine that OMV has been in fact the Master…

• OMV as Master Browser

MPPurcell - - General

I am wondering if there is some way to confirm whether or not OMV is the Master Browser. I have one computer that cannot find OMV--can't see it all. Interestingly, the same computer is also not seeing itself on the network--but that's another story. I'm trying to resolve this, but in the meantime, I've used some tools, notably the NetB Scanner to look at the computers that are connected--two Desktops on LAN cables (including OMV) and two laptops on wireless. The Scanner can only tell me about th…

• MDADM Error Messages

MPPurcell - - General

Is there nothing further on this? As a new install, I definitely got this with ver. 4, but not when I went back and installed ver. 3. For a non-Linux savvy person, is there nothing further about what to expect or what do? I posted here about this. mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically

• Quote from chclark: “Im getting this Just done a fresh installed unplugged all my drives in the software raid installed the os onto the ssd which then booted fine and i could access the webinterface. then ive shutdown and reconnected the drives and started the sytem again but all i get is mdadm: no arrays found in config file or automatically gave up waiting for root file system device. common problems: - boot args (cat /proc/cmdline) - check rootdelay= (did the system wait long enough?) - missi…