Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Very low budget file server

Koradris - - General

Today One my friend give to me (no money) a Intel core 2 duo with micro atx board and 4 GB RAM . For Power supply i have an old atx delta 300w. At this point i Need only a right case for housing. I can build the machine only at cost of case. For Power consumption i think to undervolt the CPU . I have 8tb of archive ( movies , music and other stuff). And the archive is going up

Koradris - - General

Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from Koradris: “I have 3 wd 3gb each ” What about housing and power supply? A bunch of 3.5" HDD usually requires that you spend a significant amount of money on this (that's why I always try to keep the count of HDDs as low as possible per 'NAS' following strategies like My new NAS: Odroid HC2 and Seagate Ironwolf 12TB.) ” for Power supply i have a old atx delta 350w. For housing i think a atlantik case

Koradris - - General

Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from Koradris: “Hi all , I want to build a very low budget file server with at least 4 HD. I think for example an old mini e itx board with via c7...or epia.. Is a viable idea ? ” Define "Very low budget". Because for one person it will be $50 and for another one $5000. "Very low budget" and four HDDs, sounds a bit strange. I'm guessing that HDD is not included in the price. ” yes, without hard disk. I have 3 wd 3gb each , i dont Need plex transcoding . 100$ max

Koradris - - General

Hi all , I want to build a very low budget file server with at least 4 HD. I think for example an old mini e itx board with via c7...or epia.. Is a viable idea ?