Search Results

Search results 1-6 of 6.

• Thanks for the quick response! Interesting to know that the same lack of optimization are in both versions of OMV. I wonder why the 1-core, 512MB board is stable as a rock with release 3 and the 4-core, 1028MB board is so much less stable with OMV4? I'll definitely look at the crontab and rc.local. Thanks for that tip I'd love to replace it with a real computer, but I'm living in Africa and it will be months before I'm somewhere where I will have access to reasonably priced options. Given my cur…

• I have been running OMV 3 on a Raspberry Pi model B for about 2 years. It has been running great -- very slow throughput, but solid as a rock and more than fast enough for my home NAS needs. I recently got a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and decided to upgrade to OMV4. Getting it set up and running was fairly painless, and I was immediately seeing a five-fold increase in throughput (from 2MB/s to 10 MB/s)! BUT, when multiple devices are accessing the device (one downloading and one copying a file, say, or co…

• Raspberry Pi 2b, installation fails

beartums - - General

Fascinating. Thanks for that. I've always assumed I had the 2b (I distinctly remember buying the 2b?), but I opened the case and sure enough -- just a straight up raspberry Pi. Imagine my surprise. Interestingly, they work really well with OMV3. I was hoping to upgrade, since my install seems to be fubar. Maybe I'll be able to find an image of OMV3 somewhere. thanks!

• I have downloaded the Raspberry pi image from sourceforge 3 times and successfully used it to install OMV 4 on my Pi 3B+ following the instructions. It's working great! I also need to install it on a Pi 2b. I have tried multiple SD cards, burning the image from multiple downloads, always using etcher with full verification. Regardless, I always get "Kernel Panic: Attempting to kill init!" (Attachment seems to cause the post to fail, so here is a link) Nothing happens after that, no matter how lo…

• Raspberry Pi 2b, installation fails

beartums - - General

I have downloaded the Raspberry pi image from sourceforge 3 times and successfully used it to install OMV 4 on my Pi 3B+ following the instructions. It's working great! I also need to install it on a Pi 2b. I have tried multiple SD cards, burning the image from multiple downloads, always using etcher with full verification. Regardless, I always get "Kernel Panic: Attempting to kill init!" (see attached screenshot) Nothing happens after that, no matter how long I leave it connected to the interne…

• I had this same problem. It has to do with the IPV6 setting not being recognized. I believe the file is /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/openmediavault-webgui. comment out the second to last line > # listen [::]:80 ipv6only=off; then reboot or restart nginx-service. After that, it worked for me.