Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 49.

• The following packages will be upgraded: openmediavault 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 908 kB of archives. After this operation, 3072 B of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 packages.openmediavault.org/public/ erasmus/main openmediavault all 3.0.65 [908 kB] Fetched 908 kB in 2s (347 kB/s) Preconfiguring packages ... (Reading database ... 54994 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../openmediavault_3.0.65_all.deb ... U…

• Found a way around it. Just copied my id_rsa and id_rsa.pub out of the dir, to a temp location, let it create them, then overwrote them with mine. and it completed and allows omv-update cleanly. Not sure why it would be trying to create these, but a "Y" or "N" doesn't work when it's configuring.

• Source Code (4 lines)No matter if I select "y" or "n" it hangs. Why would the openmediavault package attempt to generate new rsa keys? Also, how do I fix it, as --configure, does the same thing. Source Code (5 lines)

• And, all it does it sit there. never completes.

• What exactly is mine doing (it is wanting to update my .ssh/id_rsa key). When you tell it "no" it sits there, when you tell it "yes" it sits there. Source Code (4 lines)

• I visited the bugtracker and it looks like that error is still open. Some people experience it and some do not. The odditity is that I can manually create the link, yet it goes away on reboot (probably because the dev mount is tmpfs in memory). Quote: “ root@omv:~# deviceid=$(udevadm info --device-id-of-file=/); echo ${deviceid} 8:17 root@omv:~# devicefile=$(readlink -f /dev/block/${deviceid}); echo $devicefile /dev/sdb1 root@omv:~# udevadm trigger --property-match=DEVNAME=${devicefile} root@omv…

• Actually, this doesn't look like this problem was caused by the 3.0.5 package. I went ahead and manually download the 3.0.5 package, and used dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.5_all.deb to manually install it. Even after a reboot, it did not correct the initial error. Are we sure that error was corrected?

• Should /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot build the /dev/root device file, as it doesn't seem to be. I've even went as far as checking the helper functions that are called from /usr/share/openmediavault/scripts/helper-functions and determined (by the following command) udevadm info --device-id-of-file=/ then readlink -f /dev/block/8:17 and finally udevadm trigger --property-match=DEVNAME=/dev/sdb1 to determine that the udevadm command is what should be building that device file, if I…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Try: apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault” That unfortunately didn't help either (assuming cause I'm on 3.0.6 now).

• Quote from WastlJ: “looks like the last commit already fixed this: sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/commit_browser - r2092” WastLJ/mods, what package was this corrected in, per the commit to SVN above? Reason I ask is that I am now on 3.0.6 openmediavault package yet am still encountering the error in the web gui. I've also tried running /usr/share/openmediavault/initsystem/55devroot​ and rebooting, but that didn't seem to make a difference either.

• Actually, I may have fixed it manually (or just broke it more). LOL I took the openmediavault.postinst that you linked to in the SVN site and copied it over the current openmediavault.postinst on my system at /var/lib/dpkg/info/, and it allowed it to complete configuration of the 3.0.5 package.

• Quote from votdev: “The problem should be fixed with sourceforge.net/p/openmediavault/code/2102. Alternative you can do the following: Source Code (2 lines)” votdev, I do not see 3.0.6 available yet. (when I run that command I get an error, cause the file is not physically there, I assume). Quote: “​root@omv:~# dpkg -i openmediavault_3.0.6_all.deb dpkg: error processing archive openmediavault_3.0.6_all.deb (--install): cannot access archive: No such file or directory Errors were encountered whil…

• I mainly use minidlna, SMB/CIFS, Bittorrent, and SSH. It's for a 4TB home NAS.

• So, am I permanently on the "beta" releases, or will an omv-update (when one is available) put me back in the "stable" tree? Also, I'm almost positive I had previously used omv-release-upgrade to go from 1.x to 2.x, so that is why I ran it. as I assumed there was a "stable" release available.

• Actually, why did it upgrade to beta when I was on a stable version prior? Normally omv-release-upgrade doesn't exist unless there's an upgrade, correct? Is there a way to go back to a stable release?

• Didn't realize that when I upgrade the release, I went to a beta version.

• So, everything went fine, but when I click on System Information under the Diagnostics heading in the web interface, I receive the following error. forum.openmediavault.org/index…8c1c2eb8ca2dc15846557333b Quote: “Error #6000: exception 'OMVException' with message 'No filesystem backend exists for '/dev/root'' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/filesystemmgmt.inc:226 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceFileSystemMgmt->enumerateMountedFilesystems(Array, Array) #1 /usr/share/php…

• Temperature CPU?

jtodaro - - General

Also looks like my /etc/sensors3.conf (file) and /etc/sensors.d/ (directory) are now missing.

• Temperature CPU?

jtodaro - - General

I've completely removed openmediavault-sensors and lm-sensors and reinstalled them a couple times. Not sure if a recent kernel change has borked the stats, but I'm not getting ANYTHING now. Also, it looks as if omv-sensors-detect has some "output" discrepancies at the very end of the script. Quote: “Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): Yes Copy prog/init/lm_sensors.init to /etc/init.d/lm_sensors for initialization at boot time. You should now start the lm_sensors service…

• Temperature CPU?

jtodaro - - General

Not sure why, but it looks as if both my Motherboard and CPU temp stopped showing on my graphs about 4-5pm today (I did reboot my server ~ this time).