Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 26.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi I want to install an imap server on openmediavault to use it as an alternative to local folders in different email clients and to put older emails in which I don't need that often but still want to keep. I have at the moment dovecot running on my laptop, but would like to move to a centralized solution so that it can be used by other family members as well. Are there any suggestions, experiences on how to install an imap server on openmediavault? dovecot seems =quite easy to setup and use, bu…

• Error #4000

rkrug - - General

Changing http to https in omv-extras-org-stoneburner.list worked for me.

• Would be nice if this would be possible - or that the remote share plugin is working again as intended. Thanks, Rainer

• Hi I want to use the rsnapshot plugoin to make backups of data on a different computer. At the moment I have created a config file for rsnapshot manually and use Source Code (1 line) as the definition of the source. Than I call Source Code (1 line)in a Scheduled Job to execute the rsnapshot. Is there a possibility to use the rsnapshot plugin to define a remote ssh source instead of a local shared folder? The remote-share plugin does not work - otherwise I could use that one. Rainer

• Hi I started using the offlineimap plugin and it is quite nice to use - thanks. But I am missing additional configuration options, like number of connections, threads, ... I could add tham manually to the configuration file, but I fear that they will be overwritten the next time I make changes in the web gui of offlineimap. Is there a way of adding persistent config options to the offlineimap configuration (.offlineimaprc)? Thanks, Rainer

• @zoki: not that I know of - at not easily. But I found the following thread lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2014-December/187568.html which suggests use mankier.com/8/vfs_fruit and to add Source Code (5 lines)to the share definition. I tried to add this to the share's config. I added these in the Additional Options box in the SMB/cifs share definition, but after h=that, I couldn't access the share anymore. How can I use vfs_fruit in openmediavault?

• Thanks - uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin did the job. Working now. Thanks Rainer

• Hi I have a SMB share (which contains a file name with ü (Die Brücke). This folder is not visible when I mount the SMB share from OS X (El Capitan). When ssh into the OMV server cd into the shared folder and execute Shell-Script (4 lines) with ?? instead of the ü, but when Shell-Script (3 lines) My locales on the OMV are are set as follow: Source Code (18 lines)The locale on the Mac (client) is: Source Code (9 lines)Is this a problem of the client or the OMV server? How can I make the client see…

• Sure: forum.openmediavault.org/index…06d06b48391e78f36a2ad365c And here is the error: forum.openmediavault.org/index…06d06b48391e78f36a2ad365c

• Hi I want to use the rsnapshot plugin to create regular backups of my plex media server config files. I have created one share (PlexServer) which points to the directory of g=the configuration, and one (PlexServerBackup) into which I want to put the backups. But whenever I try to save the new backup job, I get the following error: Source Code (8 lines) I get the same error message, when I use different source and target folder. Any suggestion if this is something in my setup or a general problem…

• Homebrew goflex net rackmount NAS

rkrug - - My NAS Build

That looks fantastic - congratulations. Does it still run? I would be interested in what you used to run your OMV system from - a partition of a hdd? Or a usb flash drive? Because I am trying to set up OMV on a GoFlex Net as well. Thanks, Rainer

• So it seems that the be3st solution is to avoid using the remoteshare plugin - is there an alternative solution? Manually add it to the fstab?

• How to mlount .img file and share it?

rkrug - - General

I guess you refer to http://forums.openmediavault.org/index.php/Thread/13749-Mounting-Loop-Block-Devices/ - or is there another thread?

• Mounting Loop/Block Devices

rkrug - - General

Agreed. I did want to avoid custom script=s and non-omv configurations.

rkrug - - General

An easy (?) approach would be to be able to specify a script to be executed after mounting the drive. This would make it possible to just write the mounting and sharing in bash.

• How to mlount .img file and share it?

rkrug - - General

Thanks - but the question is not how I can do that via ssh. The question is if there is an OMV-way of doing it, so that the image gets mounted as soon as the drive containing the image is mounted nd no manual; action is required after re-booting. Rainer

rkrug - - General

Do you have any solutions, apart from doing it manually from the CLI (each time you boot...)?

• ssh -X into OpenMediaVault

rkrug - - General

Thanks Rainer

rkrug - - General

This is solved - but how can I mark it as Solved?

rkrug - - General

Thanks - missing xauth was the problem. The remotedesktop plugin sounds interesting - I will look into it. Thanks, Rainer