Search Results

Search results 1-16 of 16.

• Just to clarify, during the entire time of trying to move from either OMV 2 or OMV 3, I personally did not have any drives connected during or after each installation minus of course the SSD I was trying to install OMV 4 onto. I was attempting to install OMV 4 from a USB image onto an SSD with all of the extra data drives removed from the system. Upon installation and rebooting for the first time into the OS it would venture into GRUB and not find any OS drive to boot from even though the only d…

• You are 100% correct. After correcting the "Linux" line in the boot menu, booted up, and ran all of the available updates for the system it is now able to boot into OMV 4 successfully after rebooting. Thank you for all of the help, and I learned something from this which is the best part. So for anyone that seems to be having the same issue: Edit GRUB where this is located linux /boot/vmlinuz-4.14 bla bla root=/dev/*** Replace the root = /dev/*** with the below root = UUID = "Your UUID for the m…

• Thank you for the quick reply Bohatyr. You steps worked like a charm (once I got the UUID correct haha). I did notice that the change isn't persistent so how do we permanently change the boot so the UUID sticks? Do we just need to edit fstab? This is what is shown on the fstab after successfully changing GRUB and booting into OMV: Source Code (13 lines)

• quid7 and Bohatyr are correct from what I can see yet I am still having issues. When installing from a USB drive it boots to GRUB after the install. Going to edit the boot menu brings up what is below: Focqwr2 ixZTWoV From this I can see that the UUID is not right at all. Before trying this install I grabbed the UUID of the drive the OS was to be installed on which is e984d5db-5116-4c31-bfe7-c2a39775f9eb. The UUID's don't match at all and the entire "Search" section of the code here is something…

• That'ts good to know. I am going to try and install a VM on my OMV3 box to see what happens if OMV4 is installed with the data array existing. Hopefully I will get time to test this in the next week or two and it could give us some insight as to what is going on.

• ryecoaaron, thanks for jumping in and giving us your thoughts on this. Any help is appreciated. I know that the installation guide suggests removing all data drives when installing OMV 3 or 4 and it seems most of us tried to follow that. Would you recommend trying the install OMV 4 with the entire array of drives (including the will be OS drive of course) present during the installation? Is there any reason the guide recommends removing the drives in that case other than accidently choosing a da…

• Thank you Markess and vialcollet for the responses. That very well could be the root of the problem. I have a feeling when installing off a USB drive it some times changes any onboard drives to something other than SDA which obviously seems to mess the installation up once the USB is removed. Does anyone know how to reassign the disk we want as the OS drive to SDA during the installation of OMV 4 off of a USB drive? I did not see an option come up to change that.

• I just wanted to comment on this as I also recently tried to move from OMV 2 to OMV 4. Using the base image of OMV 4 installed onto a SSD using a USB image I tried 3 or more times to install the OMV 4 image and I saw the same exact error from above. I had all of the data drives disconnected while installing the OS except for the 1 SSD that was going to be used as the OS drive. Also, that SSD was connected through Sata and not through any raid controllers. One thing I think may be the problem whi…

• No Access of OMV2 WebGUI

ZeroGravitas23 - - Network

Thank you for your suggestion! It seems the IP I assigned the port changed by one for some reason. But entering that IP brings me right back to the web interface. Thank you for your help!

I'm not sure what you mean unfortunately.

I've had OMV2 running on Debian for about 6 months now with very few issues. A week or two ago I tried to access the WebGUI from another computer on the same LAN and wasn't able to find it. Since then I have never been able to connect to the WebGUI. Entering the IP that is assigned to it just comes up with a "This page does not exist" message. I can tell OMV is still running though as SMB still works, and within the machine itself Emby and Snapraid still function perfectly fine. All of those wer…

• I finally figured out the issue and it was definitely due to the Snapraid repository. It ended up being an PPA source which took a long time to find. But I removed it which did fix the plugin and update sections. Thank you for the help.

• Ah, well that makes sense then. I installed it due to not knowing that plugins could be installed on OMV, again the first time I've installed it. I'll remove snapraid from the system and try to re-update the source listing with your first comment. Once I remove it I'll let you know how it looks. Thanks for all of the help!

• Alright, I have tried that it still gives me the same exact error in OMV under plugins and Update. Now when I do that in the terminal and the system tries to update all of it's sources there are some errors which I was wondering is the underlying cause the issue. Source Code (43 lines)So it looks like the Wheexy sources and the snapraid sources cannot be found. I am not sure if this is enough to cause the index issue with OMV. Any ideas?

• Thanks for the clarification. Wasn't sure what the 3.2.0.4 meant. I do not have omv-extras installed. That's what I was going to install when I noticed the plugins and update sections weren't working. I'll try you're other suggestion when I get home in a few hours and let you know what the outcome is.

• Hey Everyone, I'm new to OMV as well as linux although I have used unix for quite some time. I have a media server with Debian(Wheexy) installed as well as mergerfs, snapraid, and OMV. It seems to be having issues updating the plugins list as well as when I go to the Update section in the GUI. I'm using Stoneburner 2.2.6 and the latest release of Debian 7.11(listed as 3.2.0.4 in OMV GUI). Below is the output of the error when I try to access the Plugin section or the Update section in the web GU…