Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 179.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ok, I mixed raid, mirroring and scheduled backup topic together. I have a rpi2 with omv mainly as Media platoform (plex and dlna). I'm using also proftp to backup stuff (not business stuff but something that I take care of) from others devices to a shared folder placed on an external usb hdd attached to rpi. So I have data on each device, a backup on this hdd as recovery. I started receiving smart alerts (not anymore, strange) from this hdd so I want to have a secondo backup also on a new hdd, s…

• Ok, lt's setup something like 30s sync Thanks

• Ok, many thanks ! I'm going to try something tonight. I planned also to upgrade to omv4 but I need time, I want to avoid a fresh install so I need time to read guides related to the upgrade.

• rootfs matches resource limit

mcgyver83 - - General

Ok, in fact were media and metadata folder the fat ones. I moved to the external hdd drive using symlink and now I'm fine. Thanks to your hints I can find out who is taking too much space Thanks

• Quote from Mr.Grape: “Quote from mcgyver83: “Hi all, I'm running OMV3 on a raspberry pi2 B. I have an external USB hdd where I have some photos and data as a backup. Since a couple of weeks I started receiving warning mail from SMART related to this external usb hdd. I bought another external usb hdd (same capacity) and I want to setup OMV to "mirror" some folder from the old hdd to this new one. Any hints? ” Copy / paste operation with cron or any solution for backup / synchronization of files.…

• Quote from Adoby: “Why not just copy over the contents of the old drive to the new? Why use OMV? ” I'm using OMV for many things and also as backup platform. The main backup storage is attached to the raspberry with OMV.

• Hi all, I'm running OMV3 on a raspberry pi2 B. I have an external USB hdd where I have some photos and data as a backup. Since a couple of weeks I started receiving warning mail from SMART related to this external usb hdd. I bought another external usb hdd (same capacity) and I want to setup OMV to "mirror" some folder from the old hdd to this new one. Any hints?

mcgyver83 - - General

I used "ln -s " to create symlink Source Code (13 lines)I did it only for logs folder. Maybe I have to move to usb hdd the media folder and keep the database on the sd to have quick access (despite of this I have a lot of slow query warn messages)

mcgyver83 - - General

Source Code (54 lines)Many thanks!

mcgyver83 - - General

Thanks. I have Plex installed and I did a symlink for Log folder to place them in an external usb hdd. Could this influence the rootfs space usage despite of symlink? Source Code (11 lines)

mcgyver83 - - General

Since a couple of week I get this email for rootfs space usage. Source Code (22 lines) and Source Code (29 lines)How can I detect where my rootfs space gone?

• Hi, I'm interested in joining the test for rpi2 board, can I migrate my OMV3 config to the new OMV4 instance?

• Thanks for the suggestion but I see 2 issues: - I'm running OMV on a rpi2, so docker plugin isn't working (wasn't working the last time I tried it); I can "setup" docker manually but in this way I loose the webGui benefit; - using docker I startup a whole system (image) for each service, works really fine if your business is to provide services that must be self contained but just for fun should be heavy. But thanks for the suggestion, your idea is a perfect backup plan if I fail following the o…

• Hi, since a couple of months when I restart jdownloader with 1. sudo service jdownloader stop 2. sudo service jdownloader start it get stuck. A new file is created "JDownloader.jar.backup.1" and no "JDownloader.jar" file is present. "sudo service jdownloader status" says "Failed to start jdownloader" (obviously). If I stop the service, rename the jar file and restart it starts properly but myjdownloader cannot find my instance despite of it's configured correctly (worked fine since a couple of m…

• Google Drive mount

mcgyver83 - - General

Thanks, I'm going to check Rdrive. OneDrive is not a solution for me because I'm using plex as pictures album, the whole idea is to see google photos images in Plex library. I'm looking for a plex plugin but in the meanwhile I can synch a folder on OMV drive and link this to a Plex library

• Google Drive mount

mcgyver83 - - General

I installed OMV on a raspberry pi 2 and added Plex plugin. I'm looking for something that allow me to synch Google Drive folder (the one used by Google Photos). Any hints?

• Hi all, I found how to execute check disk of root at boot time. How can I execute check disk for all filesystem at boot time?

• So this means that we can trash our OMV instances and restart from scratch with official images?

• Wait I/O graph

mcgyver83 - - General

mmm so is better to stop monitoring? Can I move monitoring db (rrd files) to usb hdd?

• Wait I/O graph

mcgyver83 - - General

Hi all, I'm running OMV on a rpi2 using images from tkaiser published in this post: here I have an ntfs usb drive connected to the raspberry and a remote share configured using another usb hdd drive connected to the router and exposed via smb in the network. I see a lot of "Wait I/O" spikes in my graphs, how can I detect who is causing them?