Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from takai: “Yeah, data is backed up, but offshore; and recovering 4tb over an Australian DSL link is less than ideal... ” wipefs has the -n flag that will do everything but write it to disk. So, you could make sure it is doing the right thing. I really see this as low risk.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “In my opinion the docker plugin should get integrated to omv ” It is integrated. Being a plugin doesn't make it any less integrated. I also am quite sure Volker would not want to maintain it. Quote from hoppel118: “with official support ” Why? It is just a frontend for docker which is maintained. And portainer is a better frontend that has substantially better maintenance and support. Quote from hoppel118: “The docker function is one of the key features of my and maybe oth…

• Quote from Guitoumaster: “I dont understand ” That was for tkaiser. Just clone the sd card to the new device with clonezilla. Then boot gparted-live and resize the partition and filesystem. I think there is even a guide on this forum for that.

• Unable to install docker-gui

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

That doesn't mean it stopped. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep docker

• If you want to use new/different partition table, you could setup the new drive with at least one partition/filesystem for the OS. Then you could rsync/copy/whatever the files to the new partition. To get things working, you would need to install grub on the new disk and change the root filesystem uuid in /etc/fstab. Not difficult but I would just clone the old stick to a new device and use gparted to use the rest of the new space.

• wipefs is pretty good when specifying an exact signature to remove but you should have backups

• This seems to be a common problem (although I can't reproduce it) when using a previously zfs formatted drive (and not properly wiped before re-formatting with something other than zfs) and moving to OMV 4.x. Take a look at this thread on how to fix - Cant mount XFS

• Disable OMV Quota System Entirely

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from sholyer@gmailcom: “When did that happen? ” I honestly don't remember. OMV 2.x maybe?

• Disable OMV Quota System Entirely

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from sholyer@gmailcom: “What's the best and cleanest way to completely disable the quota service? ” That post is outdated. Quotas are now only enabled when you use them. I don't use quotas and I can't think of any reason to do enable them if you are the only user of the NAS>

• Quote from MHofer: “Unfortunately, I can not say exactly why, perhaps because the home directories were not activated at the first start? ” Home directories are not a requirement. I'm guessing you had a conflicting setting or something.

• SATA card

ryecoaaron - - General

Yep.

• Quote from numero9: “How long do you think domoticz will work well in omv4? ” I'm not sure what you mean. Why would it stop working? Quote from numero9: “Can I do something to resolve this temporarily? ” Probably not. Quote from numero9: “Could I install manually domoticz? ” Nope. That is why I had to compile it.

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from subzero79: “People should start getting familiar with portainer as the plugin will be archived for the next release of omv5. ” So, you plan to make the plugin just enable portainer or even less than that?

• Quote from PeteyBling: “Should I do the install procedure while the controller card and a HDD is connected or should I add the controller card later? ” You really should install OMV with no data disks connected. It doesn't matter if the card is in the system or not. The installer ISO uses the 4.9 kernel which doesn't seem to see the disk as well.

• Quote from PeteyBling: “(Don't want to upgrade to OMV 4 at the moment.) ” This will make it tough. The card probably works on Fedora because it is using a newer kernel. Upgrading to OMV 4.x would get you that newer kernel.

• Nginx plugin suggetion

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

4.0.3 has the change and is in the repo now. You may notice that it is only enabled when ssl is enabled. I did this because I got the impression that no browsers support http/2 without ssl.

• crash omv-mkconf and omv-update

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from foresthus: “after the try mentioned by ryecoaaron, I had to install my nas again. Nothing was working after that. It was not that much work to do. ” The command I gave you should not have done anything wrong. Your system was borked already. Quote from foresthus: “Therefor there is still someting not ok with python3.5. ” As posted many times on this forum, this is a bug in the python package but it doesn't affect anything other than that message. The following will fix it: wget -O /usr…

• Quote from eskimos2000: “I had this file corrupted: File "/usr/lib/python3.5/weakref.py, maybe this is the same? ” If you search the forum, you will find that the weakref error is not a problem and has nothing to do with the docker error. Quote from eskimos2000: “Ok what about failed docker installation? ” Did docker fail to install or enable? There is a big difference. Post the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "docker|openm"

• OpenMediaVault-PXE Plugin

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from GeorgeP: “for some unknown reason the lease network isn't coming up (its blank when pulled down) ” You have to have a static ip address for the system.

• Increasing Raid1 filesystem size

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from trey.merkley: “As for the other question about converting to a btrfs system, should I post in a new thread? ” You don't have to. It would be easy to convert the filesystem to btrfs but actually use btrfs for pooling (replacing mdadm), I am pretty sure you would have to wipe the drives.