Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• The root cause is this: Docker generates the /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts files. For some reason, on my OMV, the permissions of those two files in each container is set to 600. Only root users can do DNS Name resolution in that manor. The last several months have shown that Docker image authors are switching their images to run everything as a non-root user. For my containers only using resolv.conf - I can mount the Docker servers /etc/resolv.conf in the container as read only. That solves th…

• Quote from flvinny521: “I am not really knowledgeable about your issue, but I was just wondering if you have moved your default Docker location to somewhere other than the default location. ” I have not changed any Docker defaults. I've added a bunch of AppArmor profiles (which disappear on reboots - but that's on me), and assigned them to containers - but no configuration changes or location changes.

• No clue if anyone is following this thread - but I am nearing an answer. Based on my initial report, we can distill the issue down to this: - Spin up a Docker container on the bridge network - Connect to it with an interactive shell (docker exec -it CONTAINERNAME bash) - ping google.com - this will work - cat /etc/passwd - look for a non-root user - su NONROOTUSER - ping google.com - this will fail both on the name resolution and pinging It appears on my old server, I lived through upgrading fro…

• Any Docker experts out there? Any advice at all? I really could use it... I've also found more information out about this issues - It's posted at forum.linuxserver.io/thread-204-post-3074.html#pid3074

• I know that this has been posted before, but there appears to be no satisfactory list of steps to solve it. I had this working on my old OMV4 setup - but it crashed and I am unable to remember how to do it. Environment: - OMV 4.1.8 installed on Dell PE R720 - Docker-UI plugin and Docker installed via OMV UI of the same version - Docker Client v18.03.1-ce - Docker Server v18.03.1-ce - OMV says I have all the latest patches - No Docker network changes to default setting Scenario #1: - Pull linuxse…

• omv 4?

LogicallyRogue - - General

If anyone is interested, I took the plunge to Arrakis 4.0.5 ("The spice must flow...") for the simple reason of getting my USB tuner to work with Plex. I'm still using the linux-hwe-edge 4.11.0-14 kernels, but it's working better than ever. With the exception of a Docker error when upgrading (purely my own damn fault ... two NICs in one switch for no good reason is never a good idea) it worked flawlessly! Great job!

• In my case, i also needed to install crda prior to installing the 4.11 version of linux-image-extras ... but my system is now up and running on 4.11. I *hope* that my USB TV Tuner is now detected now ... time will tell. Thank you all for the assist!!

• @ryecoaaron - I followed your directions and (still) have a running system. However, it appears that the onboard Broadcom NIC drivers for my Dell R410 are not in the linux-image and linux-headers you recommended be downloaded. Before I completely and utterly kill my system by other means - I notice a large number of .udeb files in the us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux-hwe-edge/ repository. Would installing say ... nic-modules-4.11.0-14-generic-di_4.11.0-14.20~16.04.1_amd64.udeb ... …

• omv 4?

@ryecoaaron - could you please provide more information on how to run the 4.11 kernel in Debian 8? I have a need to upgrade (I assume only the kernel) to support my new USB Tuner device (linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-dualHD). Thank you!!

• Hmmm... I'm running Debian 8.9 now. I've installed VDR and openmediavault-vdr-extra as well as firmware-linux-nonfree. Unfortunately, and I just confirmed it, this did not work for me. Perhaps it's because I'm running a different tuner...

• I'm having similar problems ... would love some pointers to troubleshoot it... I know that the device is seen (from dmesg) [ 2.471463] usb 7-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using ehci-pci [ 2.620887] usb 7-1: New USB device found, idVendor=2040, idProduct=026d [ 2.620890] usb 7-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=1, SerialNumber=2 [ 2.620892] usb 7-1: Product: 955D [ 2.620893] usb 7-1: Manufacturer: HCW [ 2.620895] usb 7-1: SerialNumber: 0013913859 and I can use " lsusb -v -d 2040:02…

• Huh... Previously I had used: Source Code (1 line) however, when I switched to the following - it all worked: Source Code (1 line) I swear it's the only combination I *didn't* try... Thanks @subzero79

• Thank you for the quick reply... That article never came up in my searches while researching this issue. I'll have to try out your method...

• In this particular case, OMV (native from the ISO) *did not* support reverse proxy ... or any additional NGinx websites listening on port 80/443. I added a new site into /etc/nginx/sites-available and sym-linked it into /etc/nginx/sites-enabled. When I restarted nginx, I received the following error. I tried configuring the site to listen on port 80, a FQDN on port 80, and an IP Address on port 80. All presented with the same error message upon restart of NGinx. Source Code (1 line) I found the …

• I have a solution - please see Changing OMV Default Behavior: NGinx Configuration. Lets hope the developers like my solution

• I'm current running OMV 2.1.23 with the docker plugin. I have been trying to get a Docker container to run on an alternate IP Address on the OMV server but on port 80. For the curious, I'm working with clue/ttrss to bring my feed reader back online. I keep hitting my head against a brick wall because the default OMV configuration for NGinx is to answer on port 80 on any and all interfaces on the server with the OMV webgui. However, I believe I have a solution. In the file /etc/nginx/sites-availa…

• For purposes beyond this thread, I have a need to run a Docker on port 80 on an additional IP Address on my OMV server. I can easily add an additional IP Address: Source Code (1 line) However, everytime I attempt to run my Docker using this IP Address and Port, I get the following error: Source Code (2 lines) Basically, Docker is telling me that something is using port 80 on my secondary IP Address. Some careful snooping revealed that Nginx is setup with two suspect lines: Source Code (3 lines) …

• Status monitoring with a RAID card

LogicallyRogue - - RAID

I'm running a HP Proliant DL360 G5 with the P400i SmartArray card. This particular RAID card cannot to JBOD (just a bunch of disks) mode. First, if you create a logical volume within the RAID Card, you can enable SMART *on the volume*. This gives you some visibility. Second, the HPRaid plugin is purely an informational plugin - but since it uses the HP proprietary utilities, it can pull almost every bit of information off the controller, the logical volumes, and the physical disks. The drawback …

• Temperature CPU?

I have also been having trouble with seeing Motherboard Temp, CPU Fan speed, SYS fan speed in my OMV installation. However, this is likely because not many people have tried this on an HP Proliant server before. I've attached output from sensors, omv-sensors-detect, mkconf as well as what the HP Health cli is able to tell me at first brush. I'd love some expert assistance to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

• I can confirm that if you execute "chmod -R a+w" on your Calibre Data Directory and then disable Calibre - you can use an external tool (such as the Windows Calibre client) to manipulate the data. I just did it to add a bunch of eBooks from a few Humble Bundles I purchased and it worked well.