Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• I have a Cyberpower CP1000PFCLCD UPS that is linked to my OMV box. I would like to have my system run a script when shutting down due to a power outage or UPS low battery. The main purpose of the script would be to execute a few additional commands to turn off other machines that are also powered by the UPS but not connected directly to it. I initially tried setting this up by installing a CyberPower provided UPS linux utility (pwrstat) which does allow you to configure a set of commands that ca…

• Multiple Servers Single UPS

iansari - - General

i am trying to do exactly the same thing myself with the same model of UPS (must be popular). I installed the CyberPower UPS linux utility (pwrstat) which does allow you to configure a set of commands to execute when the system is shutting down due to power failure. However the utility is unable to communicate with the UPS. The NUT client on the other hand works perfect. So assuming I stick with NUT, how do I configure the system to call a command that only executes when the system is shutting d…

• Ok thanks. Will stick to a command line crontab in that case.

• I am having issues getting rsync to run from the OpenMediaVault GUI even though it works without a hitch through the command line. The intent is to syncrhonize (pull) a directory residing on a remote machine on to one of my OMV drives. The errors when running an rsync job configured through the UI is below. I know I can always put the command line in a crontab as a workaround. However do want to understand why the one through the UI is failing. forum.openmediavault.org/index…79e56cfb7d55be9852e5…

• Thanks that did it! Changed source to ftp.ca.debian.org for wheezy and everything worked. See a similar issue reported by another member around the same date a few years back. Looks like the NRC taking servers down for maintenance around this time.

• Thx. I did try running the apt-get -f install right after the "dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb". That only results in apt-get asking to remove OMV extras: root@Tower:/tmp# apt-get -f install Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done Correcting dependencies... Done The following packages will be REMOVED: openmediavault-omvextrasorg 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. Afte…

• Having issues installing OMV-Extras. Need help. Lots of dependency issue. Not sure how to resolve. even an update of plugins from WebUI fails. 1. Tried the following things that all failed: wget omv-extras.org/openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb dpkg -i openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb Got the following Errors: dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of openmediavault-omvextrasorg: openmediavault-omvextrasorg depends on apt-transport-https; however: Package apt-transport…

• Can't mount unRAID xfs drives in OMV

iansari - - General

Ok, interesting. I always thought the unrRAID setup was really JBOD with a parity and the disks were individually mountable on any OS. This is going to be a pain to migrate!

• Can't mount unRAID xfs drives in OMV

iansari - - General

I am in the process of migrating my unraid setup to OMV. Have been an unRaid user for several months but OMV seems like a much cleaner approach. Love the UI and the fact that i have a full fledged linux install at my finger tips. My unraid drives are configured with xfs filesystem and have lots of data on them already. Three, 1TB drives in total for now. Unfortunately for the life of me i cant get them to mount in OMV. OMV should be able to recognize the xfs filesystem but instead every attempt …