Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “This is what I have obtained with the df -h command ” The root filesystem isn't full but it sure looks like you are using Ubuntu and you are definitely running a desktop environment on the box (which is not recommended). What is the output of: lsb_release -a grep PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/sshd_config sudo -l

• Quote from ggibeau: “I needed to get to my data - so I reinstalled 3.0.99 and my raid files are all there ” Did you look at the link ananas posted? I would curious to see the output of: wipefs -n /dev/[bcde] (no, it won't wipe anything)

• Your DNS needs to be set. It can't resolve domain names. See problem #6 Solutions to common problems

• Quote from Aiakos: “The path is the one that has been used more often in the past (see pictures above). I don't care which path it is, as long as it's always the same one. ” The only things that will re-write that file are installing/updating the plugin and making a change in the plugin. But they should be the same unless something has changed with the filesystem.

• Quote from ellnic: “if you’ve left Windows behind you won’t be looking at those numbers ” If only we could get more people to do that

• Quote from Aiakos: “I do also use the LUKS plugin for the backup HDD and unlock it after restart by entering the passphrase in the OMV UI. Can this have any influence on the path? ” I don't think so unless it was a different drive. Is the path in the grep command correct?

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from hoppel118: “Yes, but I don't need all the features from the portainer web ui, which make the docker thing more complicated. I am absolutely satisfied, with what we have at the moment. ” What we have at the moment may break and we don't really have anyone who wants to maintain it. Personally, I don't think the portainer web ui is that much more complicated, it is just different. So, the reason to move to portainer isn't for features, it is for support. Quote from hoppel118: “why I thin…

• full system backup

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from afroman: “Why wouldn't this work? ” It would but that plugin (I wrote it) backs up the entire OS filesystem.

• Share folders for others

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from alexthunderstorm: “Is it right that there is no file manager and one has to use e.g. Midnight Commander over SSH? ” There is no native OMV web based file manager. You can use mc but you can also use winscp, samba, nfs, and various other web based filemanagers installed with the nginx plugin. The biggest problem with a web based file manager is it basically needs root permissions to do everything you want and that would be dangerous. Why do you need a web-based file manager?

• Quote from ellnic: “At least if you moved from Win to Linux you don’t have 2 different figures staring at you. ” Actually you do have different figures since Windows shows in GB/TB and the OMV web interface is showing GiB/TiB. This has confused quite a few people new to OMV. I don't have any ideas to make this better other than if you are using ZFS, pay attention to the unit it is using

• Quote from ellnic: ““Please note: sizes displayed here are in TiB to stay in line with OMV. Sizes displayed by the zpool command are in TB.” Or is this just stupid? ” Most plugins have an area to put notes like that. The zfs plugin is one of them that does not. So, not sure where to put the note. That said, I'm sure we will always have the problem since a lot of windows users re-use drives that they had in Windows and wonder why the capacity is different under linux

• 502 Bad Gateway Web gui

ryecoaaron - - Updates/Upgrades

Quote from R0vsvamp: “I'm just tired mate, i had to enable the docker ce in omv-extras ” Oh, I thought you were talking about the docker plugin itself. You were trying to install the plugin. Oops

• Strange but I guess it is possible. I see why you didn't choose OMV 4.x now - no i386 install media. You can upgrade to OMV 4.x though.

Quote from R0vsvamp: “i started the video and dont know if my omv is different than the one he uses but i cant find the search bar he is talking about? ” Your OMV is the same now. Maybe try clearing your browser cache? In the toolbar, there is a search box on the far right to the right of the search button with a magnifying glass on it.

Quote from R0vsvamp: “Is it possible to donate to OMV? ” Yep and to omv-extras as well Quote from R0vsvamp: “About the "rc openmediavault-plexmediaserver" do you recommend remove it?” I would. Quote from R0vsvamp: “What is the diffrence with "docker" and the plex plugin?” Docker allows you install lots of apps negating the need for a plugin. I recommend docker because I don't want to maintain the plex plugin anymore.

• OMV 3.x was always stable for me. Hard to say what happened. Seems like just the pid was missing but maybe the config needed updating. You didn't install any packages or updates?

Quote from R0vsvamp: “Allmost full "ii" Thats a good thing right :D? ” The 'r' in the plex status means removed. So, that is ok. If you aren't going to use the plex plugin, you can purge it to get rid of that. apt-get purge openmediavault-plexmediaserver

• My bad. I assumed you installed OMV 4.x since this was a fresh install. This is what you really need: omv-mkconf nginx omv-mkconf php5fpm touch /var/run/php5-fpm-openmediavault-webgui.sock systemctl restart nginx systemctl restart php5-fpm

Run the command it recommended dpkg --configure -a and then post the output of dpkg -l | grep openm again

• Quote from cracksilver: “nginx status gave me this one: ” The service command isn't going to work for ever The log from your first post is still looking for the php5 fpm pid. Your configs need to be updated. omv-mkconf nginx omv-mkconf php-fpm systemctl restart nginx systemctl restart php7.0-fpm