Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

0penMediaVault - - Plugins

Quote from 0penMediaVault: “Important Information: Eventhough the LUKS-OMV-Plugin can just create encryptions on block-devices it should be able to open the encrypted one based on partition!” Confirmed working! omv_luks_enc.jpg You can mount kind'a everything encrypted with LUKS! Just the creation in omv is limited to a block-device!

Quote from igrnt: “So this is the cause of your problem. Check 3. and 4. like it says. Then, what's your setup, version of OMV, etc?” Source Code (35 lines) Quote from igrnt: “I just tested LUKS on partitions (OMV 2.1.29, LUKs plugin 2.1.2) and it works fine, as I described:1. Create partitions with, e.g. fdisk on command line (/dev/sde1) 2. Install plugin, then create LUKS containers on command line, e.g. cryptsetup luksFormat /dev/sde1 3. Observe /dev/sde1 appears in Encryption plugin UI and c…

Quote from igrnt: “It isn't already possible via the plugin UI, it operates like the OMV filesystem page, it only lists whole block devices as candidate devices. What is possible is that, just like if you want to partition the OS drive, you must do this via the command line. If you create a LUKS device in this way, it should be usable perfectly fine in the plugin UI. I think that since there is no UI for managing partitions in OMV, that it is fine to expect users to have to resort to the command…

Quote from igrnt: “No, it's not compatible with OMV 3 yet. I haven't the time to do it at the moment. Pull requests are welcome! Still not sure about the partition issue - data partitions on the OS drive is an unsupported feature in OMV anyway, so probably best left to…” That's good to know! Thank you very much for the information! Take your time & enjoy!