Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

• Re: half unreachable RAID5

zenographie - - RAID

Source Code (3 lines) systemrescue seems effectively to be my last hope. If it fails, I'll try a mdadm -C or -A Zen

zenographie - - RAID

It still don't "see" other members of the array Source Code (4 lines)

zenographie - - RAID

Hi I forgot to mention that the "device or source busy" is generated even if I change the disk order. The message everytime concerns the first declared disk (fd a, b, c or d) Source Code (28 lines)

zenographie - - RAID

Source Code (4 lines) same stuff with --force.

zenographie - - RAID

Hi Source Code (6 lines) and fdisk says Source Code (69 lines) I check the hardware, everything seems to be OK Zen

• half unreachable RAID5

zenographie - - RAID

Hi Absolute beginner under Debian and OMV, I think I'm loosing all the data allready stored on my disk array. The syslog tell me Kernel: [ 5565.516910] raid5:md127: read error not correctable (sector 133917728 on sdd). kernel: [ 5565.516904] raid5:md127: read error not correctable (sector 133917720 on sdd). kernel: [ 5565.516897] raid5:md127: read error not correctable (sector 133917712 on sdd). kernel: [ 5565.516886] raid5:md127: read error not correctable (sector 133917704 on sdd) (9 errors of…

• Re: booting from USB stick

zenographie - - General

Hi Thanks for the advice, I will definitely follow it I have some vm's and "live" apps running with *nux (backtrack, some DSM keys, one or two Ubuntu) but most of them are used as blackboxes. My "bench machine" hosting most of these VM's is a Microsoft HyperV bare hypervisor I began to play with these kernels some years ago too. Circa 1980-90. SCO 2.3.2, and minix with the KA9Q TCP/IP -the very first GOOD reason to avoid using it again :- ). The best way to quickly shutdown the system was simply…

zenographie - - General

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “I suppose you also boot systemrescuecd and dd the usb stick image to the hard drive if clonezilla keeps giving you the errors.” I have dd and systemrescued (and even supergrubed and boot-repaired) without any luck or satisfying final result. @ 2 in the morning, I've decided to make an OMV fresh install, and everything is up and running now. Datas seem to be in place, the raid array is declared "clean" , grub has accepted to run on /dev/sde. The only drawback : I've lost…

zenographie - - General

Ok ryecoaaron And tnk agn for your help. I'll keep a copy of my openmediavault "config.xml" before that. Anyhow, I'll keep you informed Zen

zenographie - - General

Same results for both commands Quote from "ryecoaaron": “ Did you make sure the sde drive is the boot drive in the bios as well?” definitively yes I should precise it is not the first time I saw this " : File name too long" following several pages of "ÿ" or diamonds . The first one was when I asked clonezilla to move the boot partition from the usb key to the hard drive /dev/sde. The utility tried an "alternative method" without beeing more specific Zen ps : re-installing OMV could be an option,…

zenographie - - General

just updated my former message...

zenographie - - General

root@OMV:~# blkid /dev/sdc: UUID="3555bdad-3122-60fd-7496-30392302ef58" LABEL="OMV:Vishnou" TYPE="linux_raid_member" /dev/sdd: UUID="3555bdad-3122-60fd-7496-30392302ef58" LABEL="OMV:Vishnou" TYPE="linux_raid_member" /dev/md127: LABEL="Media" UUID="ef0232e3-2e93-436c-8479-acb2e7dfb8c3" TYPE="ext4" /dev/sda: UUID="3555bdad-3122-60fd-7496-30392302ef58" LABEL="OMV:Vishnou" TYPE="linux_raid_member" /dev/sdb: UUID="3555bdad-3122-60fd-7496-30392302ef58" LABEL="OMV:Vishnou" TYPE="linux_raid_member" /dev…

zenographie - - General

Hi Nice screen full of "ace of diamond" ending with a final insult : Filename too long Zen

zenographie - - General

Hi Ryecoaaron impressive. I wish one day I could understand my kernel as you can. root (hd0,0) send me an insane "unknown command" or whatever... boot (hd0,0) told me that it was unable to find a kernel but the order was accepted. my boot disk was /dev/sde. except some warning and cryptic insults during the boot process, everything run fine. My OMV is up and running TNKS ! What should I do to fix Grub permanently? Once again, a big Thank You Zen

zenographie - - General

Hi Quote from "zenographie": “Hope I'll be able to do that all alone ” ... I'm not :-((( I've cloned (I hope) my usb boot key with Clonezilla, on a hard drive called "sdf1" (sda to sde is my RAID5 array). After changing my bios boot order and unplugged my usb key, all I have is a "GRUB>" prompt. Grub> boot (hd gives me hd gives me "hd0 hd1 hd2 hd3". Grub> boot (hdx mostly answers "not a known filesystem", except hd1 (answer : (hd1) ) device hd0 has a partition called hd0,msdos1 filesystem ext2, …

zenographie - - General

Tnks Agn, ryecoaaron Hope I'll be able to do that all alone without boring you... it's a matter of honor 8>O I'm waiting for the end of my RAID resync and will try it. I just burned 2 usb keys with live versions of Gparted and Clonezilla TNKX Mark

zenographie - - General

Hi Once again, tnk to ryecoaaron for his wyse advices. My OMV is up and running (almost... now building it's RAID5 array). And I deeply regret my "usb stick" option, looking at the number of read-write made on the key. Gee, it's definitely NOT the same thing as FreeNAS ... I've to quickly find out how to move my boot flashdrive on a normal plain old good mecanical hard drive. I doubt the answer is "clonezilla/gparted", but a M$ nerd like me will have to struggle with cryptic unix command lines a…

zenographie - - General

Many Tnks for this prompt answer That's precisely because I wish to avoid crash that I want to duplicate this booting USB stick. A 2 gigs key cost less than an floppy and could be replaced in a snap. I did'nt intend to duplicate the key while the system is up. I'll try Clonezilla and will duplicate 3 or 4 "usb boot ammo's". Thanks for the tip. Booting on a USB hard drive is not an option... it's probably the worst configuration to boot quickly :- ( Anyway, all this stuff is still science-fiction…

• booting from USB stick

zenographie - - General

Hi I'm a perfect n00b/newbie concerning Linux in general and OpenMediaVault particularly. My home-made NAS (6x2TB) was formerly driven by a Windows 2008 Storage Server... too "big" for my needs and my mobo (ITX Asus Mobo with Intel Atom 330, 4 GB ram). Long time ago, I used to play with FreeNas, but I think I would feel more confortable with a debian distro. I'm definitely not a BSD pundit :-/ That's why I chose OMV. I read in the wiki section that booting on a USB stick was not recommanded. But…