Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

• It seems that ovm2 raid setup was done with a 1:1 mirror of sda/sdb in his case with an ext4 filesystem directly on the md device. The conversion basically meant creating a raid partition on the drives. After that, omv4 was happy again. nettozzie did a great job describing what I did on his system. There were some complications because the drives had both ext4 & zfs signatures on it, had to remove all of those. Hope it helps other people who are struggling with this issue.

• Followup from IRC Quote: “02:04 < subzero79> gregs_ whats the issue with the setgid? 02:05 < subzero79> just take it out from the parent directory, but every new SF (with a new folder) in omv is created with setgid and is hardcoded. Don't know if there is a omv env variable to control that 02:12 < gregs_> subzero79: Thank you, I didn't know this -> "take it out from the parent directory". Now I could make and copy without SGID. My problem is solved. 02:12 < subzero79> BTW what issues do you have…

• Running omv4 on intel hardware Quote from me: “Calculating upgrade... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Setting up openmediavault-omvextrasorg (4.1.2) ... Updating configuration database ... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/omv-confdbadm", line 24, in <module> import openmediavault.confdbadm File "/usr/lib/python3/di…

• Running omv4 on intel hardware Quote from me: “Calculating upgrade... Done 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 1 not fully installed or removed. After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Setting up openmediavault-omvextrasorg (4.1.2) ... Updating configuration database ... Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/sbin/omv-confdbadm", line 24, in <module> import openmediavault.confdbadm File "/usr/lib/python3/di…

• raid.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Growing I would go with ZFS btw and copy all the data from your other raid5 drives over to the ZFS drive and grow that once the raid drives become available

• Remote Mount & Rsnapshot

fromport - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from fromport: “I think it is worth it if someone with more knowledge would take a look at this. ” I wrote the plugin. Is that enough knowledge? I need to try and replicate this problem to fix it. ” I was referring to "more knowledge than I have" , was not trying to insult you. I am simply out of options how to help him. Sorry for my miss communication And thanks for fixing it

• Remote Mount & Rsnapshot

fromport - - Plugins

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Uninstall the remotemount plugin and install it again. ” I just tried to help him and he did exactly that. First removed all config thru webgui. removed module through gui removed every reference to the UUID recursive in /etc/ with CLI rebooted OMV loaded modules again, redid config. He still gets the same error. I tried a similar config on one of my omv's. Worked right up. But when I tried to remove the config, I got the same error (different UUID of course) I think it i…