Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

• USB backup unmount external drive.

Britman - - Plugins

Quote from cabrio_leo: “Quote from macom: “but you still have to mount it to be able to setup the USB Plugin jobs. ” That´s not mandatory. The drives (USB or eSATA) can be selected in the USB backup plugin selection field even when they are not mounted. But they must be formatted with a valid file system (EXT4 is perfect ) and physically plugged-in. And in order to start a USBbackup job they may not be mounted manually before. After creating a backup job the job should start the next time the de…

• USB backup unmount external drive.

Britman - - Plugins

Every time I try to run a USB backup job the external drive I get an error telling me the drive is not mounted. This is the drive I want to have backup saved to, the drive is mounted as ext4.

• UPDATE. I was an idiot, as usual, I shared the pool and didn't setup shared for each folder so Samba was trying to make shares that where there. Re-installed OMV and it's working now. Thanks for looking.

• So Windows cannot see my shares, yet Linux can see the share but will not connect. Get this error Unable To mount location. Failed to retrieve share list from server: connection refused My Android phone can see the share (via ESfile explorer), asks for user & pass but that fails and it keeps asking. 1. Both smbd and nmbd are running. 2. Windows PC are in WORKGROUP. 3. Firewall is off. I've rebooted all my machines but still nothing. It's just frustrating that something like this just doesn't wor…

• Mirror, no drives listed

Britman - - RAID

Thank you for the help. Still shares are working but will post issue to SMB forum.

Britman - - RAID

Brilliant, thanks. only Source Code (1 line)didn't work "cannot open 'ZFSl': dataset does not exist"

Britman - - RAID

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from Britman: “When I say I've installed ZFS, the plugin is currenlty installing but with errors. Source Code (2 lines)” Crappers. Remove the ZFS plugin. On the command line do the following: Source Code (2 lines)Then install it again. You are running OMV 3.0.X right? ” Yes, thing is it did actually install and I have a ZFS mirror setup and running. Even got my first folder added and shared via SMB/CIFS, just need to figure out why my Windows PC can't see the server of…

Britman - - RAID

When I say I've installed ZFS, the plugin is currenlty installing but with errors. Source Code (2 lines)

Britman - - RAID

Yes I have extras and have installed ZFS but have some experience with the CLI

Britman - - RAID

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from Britman: “So I've added 2 3TB WD Reds, formatted to ext4 and mounted them. But when I come to setup a mirror no drives are listed, not even the OS drive. Any help would be great as I can't figure out why they would not be listed. ” I think you got it out of order. The RAID management window does not display drives with a file system on them. First, for your 2 WD Reds, un-mount and delete the files systems. 1. Wipe the drives 2. Setup a raid mirror (use Mirror - if…

Britman - - RAID

Quote from flmaxey: “Quote from Britman: “So I've added 2 3TB WD Reds, formatted to ext4 and mounted them. But when I come to setup a mirror no drives are listed, not even the OS drive. Any help would be great as I can't figure out why they would not be listed. ” I think you got it out of order. The RAID management window does not display drives with a file system on them. First, for your 2 WD Reds, un-mount and delete the files systems. 1. Wipe the drives 2. Setup a raid mirror (use Mirror - if…

Britman - - RAID

Yes they are.

Britman - - RAID

So I've added 2 3TB WD Reds, formatted to ext4 and mounted them. But when I come to setup a mirror no drives are listed, not even the OS drive. Any help would be great as I can't figure out why they would not be listed.

• Resolved I think, was a network issue. Hadn't set a DNS.

• I think the issue might be with the ftp server. Source Code (1 line)

• Sorry for the multi post. Forum kept giving my a post error. I shall try as you suggested, clearing the cache fixed another issue I had

• So just installed 3.0.74 but cannot update. This is the error I go from just one item "base-files 8+debu9" get pretty much the same for all item in the update management. Source Code (13 lines)

• What version is considered stable?

Britman - - General

Quote from gderf: “3.x Clear your browser cache. ” Thank you. Got other issue but will post them in correct forum.

• What version is considered stable?

Britman - - General

What version is considered stable? You see I just tried 3.0.74 and while it seems to install nothing really works. Source Code (1 line)

• Hey, What would the best option be for creating some off site backup? My thoughts at present are to use the USB Backup plugin to backup just my important files to a USB drive that once a month will be removed to a off site location and another USB drive put it its place. Then just rotate them once a month. Would this work? I'm also going to research installing CrashPlan for some cloud backup unless there's a better solution you guys know about? Thanks.