Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 150.

• configuration hp 410 smart array on omv

blindguy - - RAID

The 410 can't do JODB, you have to format each drive as a RAID0 and then once you install OMV you can then use the to create an array. I'm not sure what will happen if you lose a drive as the HD Raid will think it lost a RAID0 and the OS will think it lost a drive from an array.

• What I do is first I fail the drive in the array and then I remove it and then I shred it and then I assemble using the new one. You may need to change the SDC and MD, int he example below I remove C and add Q to md127 with a and b already in it. mdadm --fail /dev/md127 /dev/sdc mdadm --remove /dev/md127 /dev/sdc shred -v -n 1 /dev/sdc mdadm --assemble /dev/md127 /dev/sd[abq] --verbose --force If you need to unmount and stop the array: umount /dev/md127 mdadm --stop /dev/md127 Good luck, please …

• HPE Proliant Servers

blindguy - - My NAS Build

Quote from vcp_ai: “Can you elaborate what/where is your problem ? Are you trying to install from USB to hard disk or form xx to USB ? ” I am trying to install the OMV OS onto a USB device. I am using the iLO and that allows me to select a image file and use it as a boot device. So I boot using the OMV and I am able to install OMV and it gets all the way to the end of the installer and then complains about GRUB and asks me to chose which device to install GRUB, I select the device and it appears…

• HPE Proliant Servers

I'm trying to install OMV4 on my DL-360 G7 using the internal USB or SD Card reader and after the installer finishes it never installs Grub properly. I tried the internal USB slot as well as the external USB using both USE cards as well as a SATA drive connected via a USE connector. Has anyone ever had a problem installing via USB on a G7 ?

• HPE Proliant Servers

Just got a used HP DL-360 and having problems trying to install OMV to the internal SD card. Has anyone had any luck with that?

• I had that problem, I added pollinterval = 10 to the driver config and it fixed me right up.

• Quote from flmaxey: “1. In your 2.1 build, you physically added a drive to PC. - At that point, was the drive automatically added as a spare in your RAID5 array? (Yes / No?) (OR) 2. When you clicked on the "grow" button (from what you said in your post) the drive was integrated into the array (not as a spare) and the array rebuilt to include the new drive. - If #2, above, is what happens when clicking on the "grow button, is there some other provision to add a drive as a spare? ” 1 - No, nothgin…

• Problem solved. After adding the drive I then expanded the filesystem and then loaded up clonezilla and installed my old system and everything working again.

• I went ahead and did a clonezilla image of my current setup. I then formatted and reinstalled OMV 2.1 and now the drive is in the process of resizing properly. I have about 24 hours until it is finished. Not sure what changed in 3.X but the removal of this feature that worked in 2.1 seems strange to me.

• I went ahead and did a clonezilla image of my current setup. I then formatted and reinstalled OMV 2.1 and now the drive is in the process of resizing properly. I have about 24 hours until it is finished. Not sure what changed in 3.X but the removal of this feature that worked in 2.1 seems strange to me.

• I setup OMV 2.1 in a VM and the process worked fine. I had a 4 disk RAID and I hit the grow button, I saw the progress go by and then when it was done I saw it added the drive properly not as a spare and I was able to go to the file sysetm and resize that properly. Did something change in OMV 3.X or is it broke?

• Back on topic, I setup OMV 2.1 in a VM and the process worked fine. I had a 4 disk RAID and I hit the grow button, I say the progress and then when it was done I saw it added the drive properly and I was able to go to the file sysetm and resize that properly. Did something change in OMV 3.X or is it broke?

• Did all that stuff and wiped the drive and still no luck. I have used OMV for many years and over the years I have grown my RAID by using the Grow button. When I add the drive, OMV even pops up a button that says 'After the RAID has been grown you can resize the containing file system' but the RAID is never grown it is added as a spare. You used to be able to see the progress % as it was rebuilding with the new drive. Now adding a new drive as a spare seems to take 12 seconds. I think something …

• Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same exact problem. I can't find a check box 'add as spare' or anything.

• Trying to grow my RAID by adding a hard drive. I tried adding a drive and it is now listed as a spare and I can't grow the RAID. I used the Grow button in OMV . How do I tell it it is not a spare but it is part of the RAID? Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] md125 : active raid5 sdj[0] sdl[3] sdk[2] sdi[1] 5860148736 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] md126 : active raid5 sdb[0] sdm[5] sdo[4] sdd[3] sda[2] sdc[1] 14650675200 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, …

• No reshaping progress information

blindguy - - RAID

I tried adding a drive and it is now listed as a spare and I can't grow the RAID. md127 : active raid5 sdn[4](S) sde[0] sdh[3] sdg[2] sdf[1] 11720661504 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] How do I tell it it is not a spare but it is part of the RAID?

• Suggested File Manager

blindguy - - Plugins

Quote from macom: “You can also use MC in a Putty session. ” I love MC and find it the easy way to move files.

• NUT UPS Plugin 3.2.7

blindguy - - Plugins

Quote from SVS: “In the driver config section try to add Source Code (1 line)I had some problems with my Eaton 3S 550 because the default pollinterval was too short. ” So far so good. No alerts and the stats show up fine. Thanks for the note!

• NUT UPS Plugin 3.2.7

blindguy - - Plugins

Thanks for the note, I added that to the config and we'll see what happens.

• NUT UPS Plugin 3.2.7

blindguy - - Plugins

Any assistance is appreciated. CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD Connected via USB cable (I have swaped out three different cables) Driver config: driver = usbhid-ups port = auto forum.openmediavault.org/index…7b8048d571a0fd44a5810380f