Search Results

Search results 1-7 of 7.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Connection Failed on arrakis

11am - - AFP

Quote from wastez: “It’s clear that it can’t connect with the unix permissions set above. You have set only read and write for user root and group users. ” Ah crap. pseudonym is in the user's group, I forgot to mention that / edited it out by accident. There is another thread about group permissions not working, but that was due wrong syntax in afp.conf caused by OMV (which is why I posted that snippet in the first place). As far as I understand this should be sufficient, no? Explicitly setting …

• Connection Failed on arrakis

11am - - AFP

Hey there, I'm trying to set up afp but I can't get it to work. I have a Shared Folder, Delorean, that I want to use as Time Capsule. The server shows up in my Finder's sidebar. When I try to login with my account ("pseudonym", member of group "pseudonym"; the one I set up when installing omv) I get the notification "Connection Failed" (in Finder, macOS 10.13.3). I use the unix password of that account. When I use another password I get the typical macOS shaking dialog that signifies a wrong pas…

• Move installation from flash to HDD

11am - - General

I'm using OMV 3.0.81 on a BananaPi. It's been running quite smoothly for about a week now, so I'd say so far so good. The boot drive is a sd card and the data drive at this moment is a WD Red attached via SATA. I am considering moving everything to the attached HDD with the nand-sata-install tool provided by armbian, but I'd first like to have some questions cleared up: - Is there any speedup to be expected after boot? If not, are there any other advantages maybe? - Is nand-sata-install meant to…

• Web UI: Stay Logged In

11am - - General

Hi there, is there any way to stay logged in to the web ui? It drives me slightly nuts to have to enter my username and password manually each and every time (which is quite often, especially now in the beginning where I'm still changing config a lot). Or can my username + password be autofilled by my browser like on many other websites with a username + password login form? Is a blank login page with no suggestions intended behavior? I haven't spent time researching this, but I'm afraid it migh…

• How can I install LibreSonic?

11am - - Plugins

Where can I find documentation on how to approach this? I'd really like to give it a try and either have Madsonic or LibreSonic running. How do I package it as a plugin?

• Can't login via Finder or Time Machine

11am - - AFP

I was in the meantime able to fix this problem. My previous password was very long. The problem disappeared once I tested with a newly set up user account and a single letter password. The solution is to shorten your password. Can anybody tell me why this is? Is this a restriction by AFP?

• Can't login via Finder or Time Machine

11am - - AFP

Hi all, I'm on macOS 10.12.5 and OMV 3.0.71 and I can't login with my user credentials. I can not login via Finder, even though the BananaPi I set OMV up on appears in its sidebar. I can also not login via the Time Machine setup dialog, even though the drive appears. It's as if I'd enter the wrong credentials, even though I'm sure I don't since I use a password manager and just copy and paste them. The user has read-write permission on the share that is provided via AFP. The same behavior happen…