Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Quote from WastlJ: “@davidh2k knows how to do this. ;-)” he was on earlier, dont know if he looked at my post or not

• Quote from subzero79: “1) Are the upstream ports in manageable/smart switch? if you're connecting them to your home router.....then no comments. 2) You're only gonna get 2Gbits if you connect your desktop/laptop also in LACP mode with two nics or the switch has 10Gbit port and the desktop also. Best thing you can do is 2 separate computers in the same LAN downloading simultaneously at 1Gbit, also if the hdd are capable of pulling 200MB/s (ideally a raid5 or ssd) 3) This is commonly done done wit…

• Hi there, I have both my nas and my main computer hooked up with 2 Ethernet cables so i can use the 2 together so i can get 2.0gbps, However, when i try and bond my nas, It only uses 1gbps, anyone know how to fix this?

• Can't use full 1gbps?

UWillParish - - Network

bump?

• Can't use full 1gbps?

UWillParish - - Network

Hi there, Im running omb using a asus h81m-k and for some reason, since upgrading to 2.1.6, I can no longer use 1gbps, it will only allow for 100mbps and when i try and use ethtool -s eth0 speed 1000 duplex full it completely disables my network connection to the nas, any help?

• Hi there, I was having issues with my network card only going 10/100 instead of 10/100/1000 so i went into my cards settings and changed to 1000 duplex full, and then the webui stoped working, and i can no longer access the webui or the nas at all, when doing omv-firstaid in console and trying to reset the network interface i just get configuring and it does nothing help!

• Temperature CPU?

UWillParish - - General

Quote from jhmiller: “It is under the name of openmediavault-sensors” nevermind, i got 1.0.5 here: omv-extras.org/debian/pool/main/o/openmediavault-sensors/ and then it found the .19 update when i added it, thanks! EDIT: i enabled it and checked cpu temperature in the settings but i cant find where it shows it? EDIT 2: Scratch that, got it EDIT 3: Everything works except the fan speed, do i need to enter a command to fix it?

• Temperature CPU?

UWillParish - - General

Quote from jhmiller: “It is under the name of openmediavault-sensors” forum.openmediavault.org/index…cf6315d7f89c7ba3a93720053 forum.openmediavault.org/index…cf6315d7f89c7ba3a93720053

• Temperature CPU?

UWillParish - - General

Quote from jhmiller: “Quote from UWillParish: “Hi there, Im trying to find out how to download the sensors plugin and install it but all i see is the github page, little help @jhmiller ?” You need to install OMV-Extras and enable the download managers testing repo, the sensors plugin will now show in the plugin list.” is it under a different name than "sensors" or is it not available for 2.1.6?

• Temperature CPU?

UWillParish - - General

Hi there, Im trying to find out how to download the sensors plugin and install it but all i see is the github page, little help @jhmiller ?

• Using OMV NAS system as a router?

UWillParish - - Network

Quote from subzero79: “I am guess thinking you can still use two nics if you have switch vlan capable. You'll have to find out I don't have spare hw to test that” So is it impossible to do it via OMV, or just im-probable

UWillParish - - Network

Quote from subzero79: “I wouldn't personally use OMV as a router, maybe you could look at solution like virtualization esxi or proxmox, a run omv as a VM, and another VM as a router like pfsense or openwrt. It would be easy with 3 nics cards, but i am guessing if you have a manageable switch you can use vlans Quote from UWillParish: “And i want to know if i can use the IP routing plugin” The route plugin? that's for adding static routes.” i would use VM's but i only have 2 nics

UWillParish - - Network

So, I have a OMV nas system with 2 gigabit network cards, And i want to know if i can use the IP routing plugin to have 1 cable from my modem, and then the other going to my network switch, is it possible? Thanks

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “Yes, remove LVM.” ok i did, do you need new photos of those commands? EDIT:NVM, it will let me create a filesystem now, thanks, it seems what i tried to fix it with just created more problems,lol

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “You must have tried to add the raid array to lvm? If you aren't using lvm (I wouldn't), then do the following: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/md0 bs=512 count=10000 Then try to create a filesystem in the Filesystems tab. If that still doesn't work, I have a few more commands for you.” i installed LVM after i created the raid to see if it would help, should i delete it?

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of: cat /proc/mdstat blkid fdisk -l” imgur.com/a/JW1ZL

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “You need to add a filesystem to the raid array in the Filesystems tab.” again with the filesystems tab, the raid doesn't show up and when i hit create, it still doesn't show up in the volumes section

• hey guys, I have setup a mirrored raid on OMV and when i go to my shared folders tab and try to create one, it shows no volumes, Does anyone else have this problem?

• Can't see CIFS share in windows

UWillParish - - CIFS/SMB

Quote from davidh2k: “Can't you see the share or can't you see the NAS? Greetigns David” i cant see either, i know it connects to the internet, because i can see it and ping it from my router

• Can't see CIFS share in windows

UWillParish - - CIFS/SMB

Hey guys, First time posting here, but ive started openmediavault on my old NAS and it worked perfectly, However, i put OMV on my new NAS and now after ive set it up, i cant see the CIFS share in windows, can you give me a suggestion for fixing this?