Search Results

Search results 1-12 of 12.

• Re: Installed too many updates

udi - - Updates/Upgrades

O.k. Tanks a Lot. So I'll Take a deeper Look at tekkbebe's link and try. The Traffic is definitely Caused by the OMV. Tranks a Lot

udi - - Updates/Upgrades

hi, @tekkbebe- auch auf deutsch? die frage ist: was ist einfacher/unsriskanter- image von der systemplatte per dd zurückspielen oder neu installieren. ich hatte früher schon mal freenas bzw. nas4free am laufen. da war das gar kein problem mit dem rücksichern.... gruß

udi - - Updates/Upgrades

Hi, thanks for your answers. Danke für die Antworten. @ davidh2k Danke. apt-get upgrade sagt mir, dass nichts runtergeladen etc. wird. es erfolgen aber ständig schreibzugriffe auf die systemplatte und die lichtlein am Switch leuchten wie verrückt frage ist nun, wie ich dieses blöde *.img Image, das ich mit dd erstellt habe wieder auf die systemplatte bringe. auf den link von tekkbebe habe ich keine zugriffserlaubnis. @tekkbebe thanks again. don´t have persmission to read your link. the queation …

• Installed too many updates

udi - - Updates/Upgrades

Hi, I´ve unintentionally installed too many updates by asing the shell command apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade. Since that point of time, omv seems to constantly download from the internet. Is there a way to figure out what is beeing downloaded? By the way: I made a copy of my omv harddsik with dd a couple of months ago. I´m not too familiar with linux. How to copy this back? Thanks a lot!

• hi, look here. it helped me a lot: forums.openmediavault.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=577 udi

• Re: upgrade from 0.3.1 to 0.4.x

udi - - General

hi volker, thanks for your great work!

udi - - General

"excuse me so you suggest to move on 0.4.x?", yes, it´s not a great deal- even for me;)

udi - - General

hi, thank you very much. I´ve installed a third physical 80 GB HDD as system drive ans installed omv on it. raid1 wasn´t nuked runs pretty well so far! again-thanks a lot!

udi - - General

p.s.: what about installing omv on an external usb harddrive? same problems as with the usb flash drive? thanks a lot!

udi - - General

o.k. thanks a lot- I´ll try that and give feedback

udi - - General

hi,l thanks for your reply. I´ll try that. Why isn´t it appropriate to install on usb flash disk? p.s.: if I installed it on my new disk (=/dev/sdc, 80 gb sata) won´t I get in trouble with grub bootloader installation. my raid disks are /dev/sda and /dev/sdb. what to do with those two, unplugg them during installation? " Or you can restore it via Windows using a windows DD to a new USB key drive or hard drive...." what would be the command line/program in windows for restoring the image to a new…

• upgrade from 0.3.1 to 0.4.x

udi - - General

hello, I´m new to OMV and my linux experience is rather poor several questions: 1. is it necessary/possible/advisable to upgrade from my version to version 0.4.x? if yes, how can I manage this without loosing my (raid-) data? 2. my system is put on a 8GB usb drive. how can I save the configuration or better the whole system/stick? thanks a lot udi