Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 134.

• HP microserver Gen10

Spy Alelo - - My NAS Build

Just like Batman and his batsignal lol. That Marvell chipset has been supported on Debian since 2013, but the RAID management is for Windows only. I'll be honest though, we don't have any of those servers in the lab since they are pretty much standard and off-the-shelf components, so we have little to do with the engineering of them and I don't know much about this particular model.

• HPE Proliant Servers

Quote from Krisbee: “Many thanks for answer my questions. But now I'm really confused - Celeron G1610T is in the Intel ARK as supporting ECC memory -are you saying it doesn't? What is the position with the officially supported i3-3240 variant? HPE sell this variant of the gen8 microserver with ECC RAM. So have they tweaked the BIOS to support/recognise the i3-3240 and work with ECC RAM in a system that is not actually activating ECC function? ” Yeah there are some exceptions from Intel where som…

• HPE Proliant Servers

Quote from Krisbee: “Better late than never. I finally succumbed to the UK cashback offer and bought a HP Microserver Gen8 1610T 4GB at a price which is about the same as a low end 2-bay Synology DS216J. OK, the running cost will be higher but the fiddle factor is magnitudes better on the microserver. I have some questions which Spy Alelo, or others, might clear up for me. 1. If OMV is installed, what power management is best. Should I use "OS Control Mode" or HP's "Dynamic Power Saving"? 2. Thi…

• HPE Proliant Servers

Man this got a lot of threads as of late. I'll answer a few things for everyone: The dreaded "BIOS BUG" with Linux and HPE servers. This has absolutely zero impact on our systems and the message is purely informational, not an indication of a problem. The reason is simple; our iLO computer keeps track of the system's counters while it also handles power & cooling. We do not hand these off to the OS and I do NOT recommend changing anything in the BIOS to get around this. Just let iLO do its job. …

• HPE Proliant Servers

I think the SD card is fine since Grub actually booted the system. I am no expert on Grub, but it looks like it can't load the kernel (?).

• HPE Proliant Servers

Quote from ionut007: “Hello to all, I have a HP Gen 8 G1610T with the latest firmware (console on iPhone, pretty cool :)) and I have 2 Seagate (brand new) 4TB HDD and another one 1 TB HDD. forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6 The 2 Seagate are mounted in firsts an second bay of the server. I disabled the built-in HP B120i RAID controller and I have activated AHCI. OMV version 3.x (Erasmus) is installed on SD-Card and I i…

• HPE Proliant Servers

I've seen them between the range of $80-$180 to be honest. Quite an old generation that not many are interested in.

• What do you mean by prefer? If you named both services the same, that can be a bit troublesome when browsing the network shares. Make sure you are using a different name for the AFP service, for example: 'MyNAS' for CIFS and 'MyNAS-AFP'. You can call them whatever you want as long as they are different, so you can see both services individually listed.

• You guys went overkill on all of this. Loved every post on this thread, and I learned something new too!

• There's nothing other than default for all my shares. Make a new share as public and allow guest to write/read, make sure you can write to it and if you can, try indexing that.

• Just did the steps I gave you, and I am able to index my shares just fine. The indexing started right away and a progress bar now shows up in Spotlight. Did you try to use sudo before enabling it? The first line was enough to get mine rolling. Pasting the command here for future reference: Source Code (1 line)It just seems bizarre that is only indexing sparse volumes and not the share directly.

• AFP transfer sometimes very(!) slow

Spy Alelo - - AFP

The file system is not important, I use EXT4 myself. You only want HFS+ for direct attached drives. The fact that you can make a sparse bundle and write/index it, tells me that you do have the right permissions on the share. Thanks for letting me know how you set yours up, I'll try to replicate and keep you posted.

Spy Alelo - - AFP

Nothing special. Let me do some testing when I get home, maybe is something I can replicate from my end.

Spy Alelo - - AFP

There is something preventing the indexer from writing the database on the share, but I don't know what exactly. Usually when I have these type of issues, I delete every generated file and folder by OS X and give myself full write permissions, then define the ACLs as I see fit once I get it working again. This definitely is an OS X issue, AFP on OMV plays no part on indexing for any clients. Delete these containers and their files on the AFP share, if they exist: .DS_Store/ .AppleDouble/ .AppleD…

Spy Alelo - - AFP

Okay, this is kind of drastic but you can try these commands on your Mac. Just keep in mind that it has to index everything again, including your local hard drive. Then you can try enabling indexing again on the share: Source Code (5 lines)I almost forgot. Make sure you have write access to the share, so double check your ACLs.

Spy Alelo - - AFP

Check inside the share and make sure there isn't a file named ".metadata_never_index". Your Mac won't be able to see it by default, so try to do it over the Debian CLI. *Edit: If the file exists, remove it by using this command: "sudo rm -rf /.metadata_never_index"

Spy Alelo - - AFP

I was able to use the mdutil /Volumes/name -i on command on both my machines, one running Yosemite and the other one El Capitan. Haven't tested on Sierra, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Spy Alelo - - AFP

Not sure what you mean by not available by default. Do you mean that is only available as a plugin?

Spy Alelo - - AFP

OS X does not index network shares by default, but you can make it happen with the little guide I posted below. Just keep in mind that indexing a share over WiFi will take a VERY long time, and is usually not recommended: discussions.apple.com/thread/130462?tstart=0

• The ProLiant ML30 and DL20 Gen9

I wanted to share a bit of info with ya'll in terms of cost/performance. The ML30 and DL20 servers happen to be built upon Intel's very own architecture Greenlow. The good news is that this is a server class chipset, with all of the HPE management and enterprise stability that we all crave. Is also the most inexpensive lineup, and you can use any consumer class Skylake processors currently available, from the classic Pentium all the way up to i7 and Xeon E3. Basically you can buy yourself a basi…