Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from ggibeau: “Run the command you referenced - from telnet "mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127" Reboot File System same - - not mounted and Missing Any other thoughts? Or should I just go back to 3.x and be happy. ” That command can only fix an array in auto-read-only mode. What is the output of: cat /proc/mdstat I also assume you rebooted after moving to OMV 4.x? Do you have the 4.18 kernel installed?

• Quote from ggibeau: “do you think it would have worked? ” Probably. That is what the command is supposed to fix. Quote from ggibeau: “root@omv2:~# wipefs -n /dev/[bcde] wipefs: error: /dev/[bcde]: probing initialization failed: No such file or directory root@omv2:~# ” I had a typo in my post. It should be wipefs -n /dev/sd[bcde]

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “Ok thank you but so close I need to change usb key every 4 months ... I can use the garantee of the product ^^. ” I have a usb stick in one server that has been running of it for over three years. Quote from Jieta25460: “because if I reinstall all the OS and create the same folder I will not found the old data. ” The data will still be there but could have wrong permissions if the user IDs are different.

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

I agree you should re-install. Use OMV 4.x as well. You can use a usb stick (make sure it is new) as long as you have the flashmemory plugin installed like you did previously.

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

You should be able to look at dmesg as a regular user. Did you install this setup from the OMV iso? What is the output of sudo dmesg | tail -n10 I'm really starting to wonder if you system has been hacked or if the install media is failing. Is it on the internet?

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “It's strange ... when I install omv in june I had root access ... ” Something has happened to the system since then. I'm running out of ideas but: ls -al /bin/bash dmesg | tail -n10

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “I didn't touch anything when I don't have knowledge. ” I'm just speculating. Maybe it happened accidentally. I've never seen root locked out like this. auth.log wasn't helpful either. What about: ls -al / sudo su -

• Those all look fine (you could have run the command I posted to get it all in one ) I should have looked at your /proc/mdstat more carefully. Your array assembled but was in auto-read-only. Did you every try mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127?

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “The password has been changed but the page is refresh like I never do something ... ” What is the output of: sudo tail -n20 /var/log/auth.log

• SnapRaid + UnionFS NAS with 2 disks

ryecoaaron - - General

Snapraid is like raid 5 (or 6) and needs at least 3 drives. If you only have two drives, you would be better offer to have a scheduled rsync to sync the two drives together. With unionfs, you would never want your parity disk in the pool. So, if you want backup (highly recommended), you shouldn't pool anything until you get more drives.

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “Before do anything else are you sure there isn't anything else to do to create a root user ? ” The root user always exists. If you can't login as root via ssh, that is not because the root user does not exist. If you can't login locally with the root user, you have the wrong password. So, that is why I said you should reset the root password. Quote from Jieta25460: “Just add it in sudo group, no file should be modified ? ” Giving a user sudo privileges is not that same as…

• Quote from ananas: “if the array is recognized, then the ZFS signatures on the member disks can not be the issue. ” Not quite true. With Debian 8 (OMV 3.x), mdadm didn't seem to care if there was a zfs signature on the disk(s). With Debian 9 (OMV 4.x), this changed and it did affect assembling. Quote from ggibeau: “root@omv2:~# wipefs -n /dev/md127 ” Can you post the wipefs command I asked for? A bad signature wouldn't be on the array since it has already been assembled. It would be on the physi…

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “I tried your commands on the server (there is a problem with ssh connection (acces denied) but in local it work. You will find photos with previous commands. ” That is very strange output. First, lsb_release should exist. Second, your sshd config is missing the PermitRootLogin line that OMV writes. That makes me think OMV has never written the config file. Third, your Jean user has full sudo privileges. So, you should be able to fix things without the root account. sudo p…

• Quote from hyperg: “does not change the issue, same error message... ” It is a networking problem then since it still can't resolve dns. Does the system resolve dns when it is set to dhcp?

• Quote from Aiakos: “Okay, I will reanable the plugin and in future I will check the file after any updates I perform and any changes I make in the plugins config... ” It would be interesting to see how it changes. While I'm not sure I can do anything to fix it in the plugin, it might be possible.

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “I know used a desktop environment on the box isn't recommended but it's simpliest for me to do like this. This is the output of command lines. ” It was confusing whether you were posting the output from the client or the server. The commands I wanted you to run are meant to be run on the server. I see now that your client has a desktop environment. I missed the part that you mounted the disk on the desktop. There should be no need to do this. If you could access the OMV w…

• Root login issue

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from Jieta25460: “This is what I have obtained with the df -h command ” The root filesystem isn't full but it sure looks like you are using Ubuntu and you are definitely running a desktop environment on the box (which is not recommended). What is the output of: lsb_release -a grep PermitRootLogin /etc/ssh/sshd_config sudo -l

• Quote from ggibeau: “I needed to get to my data - so I reinstalled 3.0.99 and my raid files are all there ” Did you look at the link ananas posted? I would curious to see the output of: wipefs -n /dev/sd[bcde] (no, it won't wipe anything)

• Your DNS needs to be set. It can't resolve domain names. See problem #6 Solutions to common problems

• Quote from Aiakos: “The path is the one that has been used more often in the past (see pictures above). I don't care which path it is, as long as it's always the same one. ” The only things that will re-write that file are installing/updating the plugin and making a change in the plugin. But they should be the same unless something has changed with the filesystem.