Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 149.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Discourse Forum Software

stratege1401 - - Off-Topic

Quote from drinks2go: “plus it's an additional cost for an open source project (discourse is a licensed product)! Personally I think WBB is a really beautiful extension of what I loved about vBull and phpBB back when general discussion forums were more popular. I think it should stay. And the design is very nice too! ” but WBB is not anymore free. License is around 89.99 USD woltlab.com/purchase/

• why burning board?

stratege1401 - - General

Quote from votdev: “Because WBB has features that PHPBB or others do not have. And really, PHPBB has the worst code i've ever seen. ” I am very interested about those extra features as i am helping actually a old-large forum on debian to choose it next cms. If you don't mind to educate me i am all hears ! I look to this (commercials ?) thread forum-software.org/forum-compa…-vs-woltlab-burning-board But i did not really see any differences, except phpbb is totaly free and wbb needs a license. I a…

• why burning board?

stratege1401 - - General

Dear THKAISER, I wonder why you are using burning board, witch is not a free forum as it cost actually for a single forum licence around 89 EUR ?? Why no phplikebb forum, witch are free, or smf ... Thx.

• 3 month later

stratege1401 - - My NAS Build

It' been 3 month since i have builded my own nas serveur not using openmediavault.... My actual specs: Nextcloud server 13.0.x Based A8-6500 16MO with Motherboard Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3HP RAID6 with 6 HDD Seagate IronWolf PRO 4 TB, ST4000NE0025 4.9.0-6-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.88-1 (2018-04-29) Apache 2.4.29 / php 7.0.27 / 10.1.26-MariaDB / mysqlnd 5.0.12 phpadmin 4.6.6deb4 / Redis server v=3.2.6 / HTTP2 / Fail2ban abuseIPDB / I have made some changes since initial build: - Updated the Motherboar…

• NextCloud Installation Q & A

stratege1401 - - General

nc doesnt like any files or folders in his directory. cp/move them to elsewhere. it is a security features ...

• Fail2ban for OMV 4 Arrakis

stratege1401 - - Plugins

if you need help setting up fail2ban + automatic abuseIPDB report PM me. Just spend the last few days making it work ... on a Debian

• adding my two cents for the built: - use sticker to put the ID on your hdd, and map them Source Code (5 lines) Source Code (6 lines)In case of failure, easier to fix. you wont have to search for the good disk

• yes, i was aware of overheating problem when the dock is larger than 3 HDD ... This is why i choose 2 unit of 3x Fatcage. still waiting for the second unit to come, delay due to weather...

• Finally almost done ... - Missing the new HDD - Missing my second Icydock MB153SP-B FATCAGE, the delivery is lost in the french snow ... LAST PIECE ARRIVED 5 days later !!! Unfortunately, openmediavault did not do the trick for me, so i did my own NAS based on: Nextcloud server 13.0.0 based A8-6500 8GO RAID6 6*8TO 4.9.0-5-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u2 (2018-01-04) / apache 2.4.29 / php 7.0.27 / 10.1.26-MariaDB / mysqlnd 5.0.12 / phpadmin 4.6.6deb4 / Redis server v=3.2.6 / HTTP2 / Fail2ban …

• Discourse Forum Software

stratege1401 - - Off-Topic

Quote from k8Ga: “IMO the current forum software Burning Board screams legacy in every way. Why not switch to something more modern like Discourse? forum.syncthing.net help.nextcloud.com community.letsencrypt.org forums.docker.com etc. Or am I the only one thinking this...? ” Because discourse is a mess of endless message feed without any logical structure. The nextcloud community run under discourse and it is almost impossible to dig informations and clues. For exemple, the new messages are not…

• small info: it seem somepeople are trying to use a vulnerability in the diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 called logjam attack. here an exemple: sshd[11867]: Unable to negotiate with 103.89.88.40 port 53879: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth] In order to protect my server, i had to twek my ssl config like this: ( A+ on sslabs ) <IfModule mod_ssl.c> <VirtualHost *:443> ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost DocumentRoot /var/www/html # http2 Protocols h2 ht…

• I do think OMV is a great project. I do think Nextcloud is also a great project. Unfortunately, adding two great project together sometimes doesn't work, or failed, or end ups being not so successful. I spend sometimes (2 weeks times, around 20 hours ) trying to make them work together and failed because i am consider myself as a medium linux user and get bored quicly. So i decided to do my homework and start from a clean debian-9.3.0-amd64-netinst with only the common-tools and openssh installe…

• Quote from Greenkeeper: “Hey Guys, did you tried to install nextcloud on a new OMV4.X install? I have the situation that I had a running nextcloud instance working on OMV3.X based on this Tutorial. Yesterday I spontaneously updated to OMV4.X and now, what a surprise, nextcloud is not running anymore. I get a "internal server error" and the nextcloud.log shows the following: Memcache \\OC\\Memcache\\APCu not available for distributed cache So my questions are. Do you think it is possible to fix t…

• thank for all, i will continue to play with omv on my vm for fun ... Finaly, did my own project: Nextcloud server 12.0.5 Raid6 8-6TO based on a A8-6500 16 Go ram Debian 9.3 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.65-3+deb9u1 ( upgrade not done yet ) MDADM-3.4 / LVM-2.02.168/ apache 2.4.25 / php 7.0.27 / 10.1.26-MariaDB / mysqlnd 5.0.12 / phpadmin 4.6.6deb4 / Redis server v=3.2.6 / HTTP2 / Fail2Ban / Munin / external smtp relay.

• If you have issues, you can use this : [url='https://homputersecurity.com/2018/01/28/guide-d-installation-de-nextcloud-sur-docker/']homputersecurity.com/2018/01/2…-de-nextcloud-sur-docker/[/url] Thank. Unfortunately already tried Source Code (5 lines)Concerning docker plugin included with omv, the lack of explanation for the config make me think i will run in the same trouble. SOOooooo, i am done with this project. Going full debian LAMPS and manual install of everything. At last, i will perfect…

• you better contact one of the maintener for /openmediavault-plugin-developers/ github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers

• well, only idiots dont change their minds... so lets try with nextcloud in a docker. SO, again, vm with omv4.x... install-update-plugins ... - letsencrypt --> certs generated, https ok - mysql --> ok, database nextcloud created - nginx --> plugin indtalled - docker --> trying to use the nextcloud from the listing ... coming back

• i read a thread with somebody having some troubles with sonar ... USB backp OK Radarr don't know flashmemory of course !!

• Duplicati - Error with OneDrive

stratege1401 - - General

so far, i am using duplicati with hubic without any problems. The point for me to have duplicati was to easily manage the remote backup.

• My cats gave my a hell of a night !!! I'll might give a try to the docker but will this be compatible with letsencrypt. Never yet test a docker... I am cloning my vm to test your advice...