Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 74.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Interessant wäre zu wissen, was für ein System Du hast. Die GBytes-Werte sind ja nun nicht riesig in late 2018... Dann würde ich mir die logs einmal anschauen. mc ist ein schönes Programm u.a. dafür. Normalerweise werden die rechtzeitig per logrotate (daran kann man auch drehen) verkleinert. Irgendein Fehlerprozess scheint die ja vollzumüllen. Das gehört behoben. Mit gparted kann man die Partitionen in der Größe verändern. Von der Kommandozeile ist das für einen Anfänger nicht einfach.

• Root login issue

DHGE - - General

on the console (ssh login): mount df -h These commands show you what is mounted and how the space on the mounted partitions is used.

• Call for testers: OMV4 for ARM boards

DHGE - - General

@alexruedi virtualbox.org/wiki/Porting_VirtualBox Building it on arm architecture?

• Reinstall of OMV due to a dead drive

DHGE - - General

Windows 10 is not a solution to look at Linux filesystems. You better get a CD image like systemrescuecd and boot this up, try to mount readonly what is on the kaputt disk and save the readable files to another disk. It might be a good idea to get help from someone who has done this before and is well versed in the Linux ecosystem.

• OMV not accessible after a few days

DHGE - - General

look at the files in /var/log use mc for this if working via ssh you can also view the log files via the web gui but this is more time consuming IMO

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

DHGE - - Plugins

Quote from eenca: “I can unlock on the GUI and I have the password saved in my password manager. What does it have to do with my sudoer file? ” It has nothing to do with your sudoers file - my fault (I read PATH... and "command not found"). Try it on the console. A wild guess: Your password contains characters that are not parsed properly, e.g. *

• Best Backup Method

DHGE - - General

@porkenstein I also seem to have the same requirements/stuff you have and about 2 TBytes. my setup: forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=31812&p=230918#p230918

• LUKS disk encryption plugin

DHGE - - Plugins

@eenca Your sudo user does not get the correct path set. Edit the sudoers file to set a path or work as root. If you do not know your password you are FUBAR. The correct command is (man cryptsetup): cryptsetup luksOpen <device> <name> to add a key (you need THE PASSWORD) cryptsetup luksAddKey <device> [<key file with new key>]

• Source Code (21 lines)I really doubt that advertising the server less helps the clients to find it. inotify helps. This does not work with every operating system.

• @glen_cqu What you did is not a "solution". see stackoverflow.com/questions/51…abase-not-being-refreshed and there the answer from unode You can stop/restart the minidlna service from the OMV admin web in your browser. You delete the database (everything in /var/cache will be recreated) by logging via ssh into your server, become root and then delete the file or directory in /var/cache

• General storage and encryption questions

DHGE - - General

1 yes 2 luks en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Unified_Key_Setup 3 follow some links found in the wikipedia article 4 yes but RAID and drive cloning? I would rather save the configuration files and document my config and sync/mirror the data or use rsnapshot as backup

• Quote from mannerju: “One more question: I undrestood that rsync is automatically making "incremental backup" so it will only copy new files from source folder? I also read about this syncthing, but I am afraid Netgear Stora is too limited for that. Might be good solution for more advanced NAS boxes. ” Really do yourself a favor and read the man rsync. It is long but also comes with some examples at the end. Or do a websearch on HOWTO rsync Be aware that you can configure rsync that it does not …

• I use syncthing on all my devices that have valuable data on it. The questions I can not answer: I there a plugin available for your Netgear Stora? Can you install it via commandline alternatively? syncthing.net/

• I use rsync for that. You need a user that can ssh to the backup device (use ssh-copy-id after confirming it works). Then I use a file for the tasks named rsdeltargetname.sh Shell-Script (27 lines)I run these jobs occasionally via commandline. For continous syncing I use syncthing.

• I use a SAMSUNG TV but it got the same problems (not seeing ...) as other devices - mostly Linux systems - I have. This is voodoo (somebody likes to explain?): I worked the permissions heavily. All shares got a recursive reapply of the rights. I even did it on the commadline via chmoding differently on files and directories. I made sure that the DLNA users where in the access groups. In the end I think this was just overkill on my side it should work out of the box. Try a rescan under DLNA setti…

• you should read the error message

• simplify the name ' seems to get parsed out anywhere and is not a legal part of a filename : will give you trouble with Windows users I use books in my shares and every thing works as expected here

• Crashplan Docker

DHGE - - General

I solved my backup needs several years ago. Each time I upgraded my notebooks or bought a new one with a too small disk drive I got a new spare 2.5" hard disk. I bought an USB enclosure and hooked it to my computers. The backup is run via rsnapshot (can also run on your OMV box). I rotate the media regularly and store media off premises. For backups where I do not need versions I just use rsync: rsync -avr --delete /home/rest/Gegenwart/zzdl/ /backup/rsdel/Gegenwart/zzdl For syncing (redundancy) …

• the images came a bit too late for me ... I upgraded a XU4 and a HC1 via omv-release-upgrade. On the XU4 the configuration of llvm2 hang on vgcfgbackup in the postinst script. I could not kill the process... Thanks to HDMI-output and a keyboard I could boot the 70% configured upgrade (no secure shell after reboot) and do a manual upgrade after a reboot. Both machines were lacking a busybox to update the initramfs. apt install busybox Both machines gave me trouble with weakref.py manually editied…

• got mail vom OMV...

DHGE - - General

You might have a problem with your SD-card: e.g. full or with defects is not a tty: Do a web search here in this forum. I had the same messages (warning...) and was able to rectify it via a command issued on the command line. I do not remember which. I run headless on an ODROID hc1.