Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 31.

• Services dont restart after standby

elkiem - - General

Ive perceviered long enough with OMV, I'm going back to windows for my nas. OMV is just not commercially ready yet and more the point I don't have the confidence that it won't trash my data. A nas that can't be used remotely isn't much use to me. Thanks for all your help.

• hard drive failure after format

elkiem - - General

So ive hot plugged the drive, run a command to clean the MBR, and the drive works fine. Then I go into OMV and format the drive and guess what - the same thing happens again. It trashes the MBR to the extent that it hangs my PC at boot. Ive perceviered long enough with OMV, I'm going back to windows for my nas. OMV is just not commercially ready yet and more the point I don't have the confidence that it won't trash my data.

elkiem - - General

Hi, sorry for the delay.... I broken one of the HD connectors on the cable and had to order a replacement! Ive tried your last scrip above with moderate success. The machine came back online with live networking! Great. When I chose suspend though it didnt suspend as normal. The network broke off but the machine didnt go to sleep. I used the first option you gave - dhclient eth0

• hard drive failure after format

elkiem - - General

OK, so Ive read about somebody else experiencing this from a different thread. It seems that the MBR gets corrupted on the drive. It can be fixed by using Diskpart in DOS and then using the clean command. ( Im sure there is a linux equivalent but I dont know what it is) I had the same thing happen on another drive after it was formatted during the install of Freenas (sorry, swear word around here!). I ran the clean command and it resolved the issue. Im very confident that it will resolve for my …

elkiem - - General

I tried the dhcp reservation and still no joy. I'll try the stuff in your last comment shortly.....

elkiem - - General

ok, yes I think I could try the router option. Another idea i was just reading would be to try setting static IP and subnet address in the Web GUI. Worth a try i guess?

elkiem - - General

Its sky2 driver. v1.30

elkiem - - General

There is a critical difference between the status using ifconfig when the system has just been rebooted and just after a wake event (manual) When its been rebooted it shows a line with ip address, broadcast address and a mask. After a wake it shows none of these. Clearly the wake process is not re-establishing the ip address on the network for some reason.

elkiem - - General

ok, thats interesting. After wake up, eth0 shows as up. The first option (dhclient eth0) just hangs for ages then goes back to the login prompt. (still wont respont to a ping) The second option, looks productive but reading the text output it says 'Network is unreachable'. It then goes into repetitive DHCP Discovery and reports that there are no working leases in persistent database. the IP address it was trying to reach is correct (my router).

elkiem - - General

Ive used windows ping in the cmd window, and it shows as Id expect. So, just tried moving the powersave file - but still the same result. Ive also just been checking the sleep.d log file. The answer may be in there but Im not too sure what to look for. The system goes to sleep and runs through all the scripts you'd expect. When I press on the power button (to resume from sleep) the wake events are all triggered, but as previously mentioned the network does not come back online. I have to reboot …

elkiem - - General

Hi, About halfway down the wiki page I notice this line: Quote: “Note: there is a package called powersaved which also provides scripts to handle suspend. It is not installed by default by Debian. If it is installed, it seems to get priority over pm-utils, and for me, suspend no longer works. So I don't recommend to install powersaved.” This file is present in my sleep.d folder. How can I disable it to test without it?

elkiem - - General

ha ha, no its not a wireless setup! eth 0 is the correct connector. I do have 2 eth ports but Ive triple checked we're on 0. (ive also tried waking via the other port just in case too) Ive tried the other handle in the script and still nothing. Dah. I found this page to have some helpful info in it; wiki.debian.org/Suspend Ive turned on logging so far, just havent had a chance to figure out where the log file gets saved yet!

elkiem - - General

Hi, Ive figured that I needed to use ctrl+o to write out the file, so the script has now been successfully created! (sorry if this seems basic, Im not too familiar with linux!) First pass, it did not work, but I'll try to alternative line you suggested now... (thanks for persevering!)

elkiem - - General

ok, I think were getting closer. I still cannot save the file (70resumenet) as it doesnt exist. The pm-utils folder does though. Heres the contents for the sleep.d folder; 000kernel-change; 55NetworkManager; 94cpufreq; 95led; 00logging; 75modules; 95anacron; 98video-quirk-db-handler; 00powersave; 90clock; 95hdparm-apm; 99video

elkiem - - General

..just to add to my previous comment, I think the sleep.d stuff is here: /usr/lib/pm-utils/

elkiem - - General

Hi, I believe I do have pm-utils installed. I attempted to install it and the system told me it was already installed. I dont think Im understanding your instructions correctly. Ive just tried with the folder you said, so typed this: nano /etc/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/70resumenet Then I created the script. Again though I could not save, I get the message 'no such file or folder exists'. Ive tried to navigate manually to the same folder (/etc/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/) and it does not exist.

elkiem - - General

Yep, Im running as root. I choose ctrl+x but it wont save because it says there is no such file or directory.

elkiem - - General

Hi, Im having trouble completing your script. Ive typed the script as you have it but I cant save the script. (presumably this is required before I can make it executable) It asks for filename to write and gives choices of M-D, M-M, M-A, M-P, M-B. Which one do I choose and how do I actually choose them? If I just hit return then it errors. Says there is no such file or directory.

elkiem - - General

Hi, Ive checked the link and must admit its all double dutch to me. Can you please help me get started with the sleep.d hooks? What you said about the networking seems to hit the mark. Thanks, Dave

elkiem - - General

Thanks for your help. I have putty setup for SSH but I'm not familiar with any of the commands. Some guidance would be appreciated. I'll check out the link first. I'm using 1.0 OMV.