Search Results

Search results 1-3 of 3.

• Ok, i solved that issue. For the first, OMV may did the same mistake, so i went on playing with the mdadm cli. The documentation of ewams.net/?date=2014/03/29&vie…RAID6_volume_with_mdadm#b is not correct. The error is in step 7: 7 Expand the RAID6 array to include data on the new disk. root@debian:~# mdadm -v --grow --raid-devices=7 /dev/md0 The argument 7 of param raid-devices=7 in in the spec is wrong it must be 8 ! because it denotes the amount of devices to handle in the raid and not the dis…

• Dear friends, i am running a OMV-Raid build with OMV3 and the switched to OMV4. The raid has 5 8GB disk drives used as a RAID6 device. The i decided to add another disk (same type same vedor), The disk appears in the drive but when i went to raid-menu and selected the raid and push the enlarge (vergrößern) Button the disk was added to the raid (as a sparse disk), so the capacity did not changed. How can i redraw this setting and use the drive hda as an active device extending the raid capacity? …