Search Results

Search results 1-5 of 5.

• Deactivate Email-notification for login?

sg23 - - General

This thread is the first hit for a google search "openmediavault login notification" so I thought I would share my experience with this issue. I believe the intended behavior is to send an email when a login occurs the first time from a particular browser. OMV creates a login cookie after a successful login that I assume is intended to allow it to know for the next login to not send the email. What I found was that a new login cookie was being created each time I logged in, until the third cooki…

• I upgraded to 3.0 about a week ago and perhaps I did something wrong-- I am not sure. I noticed today that the usbback plugin was missing from the GUI so I installed it again. My config was lost but it was not a big deal since it was just 4 shared folders. I just set it up again with those 4 folders. After plugging in the USB drive and letting the backup finish, I noticed the drive was not being unmounted. The daemon log in /var/log appeared to show two backups running at the same time. This was…

• My knowledge is a about a decade or two old and I wasn't even aware that postifx is another MTA, i.e. sendmail alternative... so to answer the question: yes, postfix will probably do just fine. I have a feeling it is not set up correctly because the first thing I did was try to send myself a mail using "echo test | mail -s test root" and that command did nothing- it completed successfully (apparently) yet I cannot find any mail using "mail" or by looking in /var/mail. Thanks for the help.

• I have omv 2.1.9 on debian 7.9. I never got around to setting up sendmail and decided today I'd go ahead and do that. I found the package was not installed so I ran "apt-get install sendmail" and apt-get told me it wanted to remove openmediavault and asked me if that was ok. I said no, obviously. I proceeded to try to figure out why it wants to do that, figuring it was conflicting dependencies, however that appears to not be the case. The output from apt-get and apt-cache is included below. Idea…

• re: bugtracker.openmediavault.org/view.php?id=1133 I just updated to from 1.12 to 1.13 and still had this problem. I was about to write up a new bug report when I remembered one of the workarounds was to remove the file (/var/lib/openmediavault/dirtymodules.json). I did that and then did some stuff in the web UI and no longer had the problem. The file does get recreated (now it contains []) but it no longer causes a problem in the web UI. Hopefully this will help someone else out and potentially…