Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 682.

• NTFS Support

geaves - - General

Quote from Earthlings: “BTW... I don't know unix or linux at all coming from Windows y'all ” Just means you'll need 2 hats the thing is Linux will mount and read an NTFS drive, try plugging a drive formatted to EXT4 in Linux into a Windows machine...it wants to format it!! But take note of @jollyrogr post whilst this would be a PITA the overall outcome is beneficial + there is a way to mount an EXT4 drive on a windows box

• NTFS Support

geaves - - General

Quote from Earthlings: “Can someone please let me know how to make OMV support NTFS please. ” You can't make OMV 'support' NTFS....think about what you have asked and rephrase it. Perhaps you'll get an answer.

• remove missing hard disk

geaves - - General

You'll have to carry on searching the config.xml the shared folder will be in there relating to the drive, there would have been a more straightforward route with the xml being the last resort.

• remove missing hard disk

geaves - - General

Does the drive still show in File Systems as mounted?

• The Class E Network

geaves - - Off-Topic

Looking good, you deserve the 3D printer for all your hard work See the finished window for you is capable of having moulding because most US homes use SIP construction, that is obvious from your first picture without the moulding. In the UK homes are constructed using cavity wall, this is the standard method of house construction, they can use SIP's but in the UK they'll call this 'modular'. forum.openmediavault.org/index…85c2214746e91d210b212accc So the cavity wall is much wider, in fact our h…

• Can't see Existing Folders

geaves - - General

OK now I think I understand, 1) The drives had exiting data on them, that data is stored in the three folders you stated previously Movies, Tv Shows, Music. 2) You have created a share for each drive Media1 through Media5 3) You expected the folders that are on the drive to display under Media1 through Media5 Quote from jsimmonstx: “There's nothing there (that I saw) though about setting up shares that already have an established folder hierarchy. ” There isn't, as I said I'm understanding what …

• When you downgraded to 3 did you do a clean install and reset the raid, because when omv is set up the fstab entry is created when you create the raid.

• Quote from barney5: “Source Code (11 lines) I can not recognize a resyncing. How can I mount (mount) the raid? ” Well that is now showing the Raid as active rather than this; md127: active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb [0] sdc [1] mount -a

• Can't see Existing Folders

geaves - - General

Quote from jsimmonstx: “But I don't see those three folders under either of the shares. ” Ok I don't want to cloud this any further, but how did you create create those shares>>Movies, TV Shows, Music

• Actually my fault, sorry, this is wrong md127: active (auto-read-only) raid1 sdb [0] sdc [1] Execute mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 then do cat /proc/mdstat and you should see the raid resyncing once complete it should be fine.

• SSH for newbie

geaves - - SSH

Quote from Warlock00: “I did not even know what ftp was for before. I think I've solved that by saving me the command lines can you tell me a good app for ftp? thank you so much ” Depends what you are using, for windows and linux you can use Filezilla, for smartphone you'll have to search but it does seem to be possible, you're looking for client software/apps.

• Quote from arik: “Is it correct to install Docker and its content under the OS USB flash drive ? It seems to me that is slowing down everythings. i'd like to minimaze the access to the USB key. ” You install Docker on your USB but you can point your config files to HD1...for instance in @TechnoDadLife videos he references a folder called AppData this is a shared folder he has created on one of his drives, he points the Docker container config and settings to that folder, so for instance Nextclou…

• My understanding of this is that you have to use the remote mount plugin, so you would mount the qnap share on omv using that plugin. I tested this option on my local network using a Pi, but I have no idea how you would set this up using a vpn.

• SSH for newbie

geaves - - SSH

Quote from Warlock00: “I thought ssh was the best choice. ” Not really unless you enjoy command line typing, you can use FTP even on your smartphone you will need to enable FTP and under SSH permit root login on OMV. On your FTP software you should to able select SFTP which uses ssh. All your shares will be under /srv which will display your drives, alternatively you can use /sharedfolders. By using an FTP client you'll then be able to copy. paste, move....but please on the folders you have shar…

• SSH for newbie

geaves - - SSH

What might easier is to explain what you have and how you have set it up, bear in mind that the system disk does not contain/store your files, those are on the drive/s connected to your system via the shares you have set up.

• The output is fine, I can't see any errors.

• Raid degraded, cannot add disk

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Theelepel88: “That absolutly fixxed it, maby someone can add the blkid to the default questions My raid is rebuilding now so i'm a very happy man! ” excellent, well done.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Theelepel88: “see if i can completly destroy disk C ” If you follow the thread you'll be fine, the drive will be usable again. Also the wipefs -n will tell you if the disk has cleared that zfs_member.

geaves - - RAID

Quote from Theelepel88: “Can i just remove the correct disks while doing the procedure? That would make sure i won't delete any data right? ” You you could, because the other odd thing about your output is that the mdadm.conf file has no reference to an array. If you pull the drives, don't reboot, shutdown then plug the drives back in, then start.

geaves - - RAID

Well wiping it isn't that simple...sorry, what you need to do is to follow this thread from post 7 ignore post 14 you need to remove that zfs signature. So you'll need to use system rescue cd, OMV-Extras on the Kernel tab scroll down to the bottom and follow the instructions....this is the only way to remove that zfs signature and follow that thread. When done come back I'm usually around.....AND BUY A PARACHUTE!!