Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 61.

• Project Emergency Rebuild

GreenBean - - Motherboards

Ow stupid from me not including the references I found. I'll look again this evening and paste them, currently at work.

​there are quit a few debian based reviews on the internet about this board, just read those

• ddns einrichten

GreenBean - - Plugins

Mein router ist schon was alter und nicht mehr zu kaufen. Aber die meisten unterstutzen es. Vor al wenn sie einen router habben waarop sie OpenWRT installieren konnen.

• If you have omv set tot accept visitors you should try to access those files without log in. If you still get access denied with that test, you should check what permissions you set on the files/folders you acces (are they granted visible for others?) Edit: what tinh said (he posted just before I submitted my reply )

• Inline my answers Quote from takiyon: “Quote from curious1: “I'm a newbie with a Windows & Windows Home Server background, trying to learn all of this new language. Obviously, most folks in this forum speak Linux-ese, but very little English . I know from hours of perusing this forum that what I am about to say is very old hat, but here goes. I have run Windows Home Server since 2007 on an HP MediaSmart server. As of October 1, 2016 that server died. I have no intention of going back to any Micr…

Generally speaking almost every motherboard is compatible. Just to be sure its wise to check the compatability before buying the board. Best way to check if a board is compatible is to look for experience of that motherboard type + debian (since openmediavault is based upon debian). This should give plenty of results from forum users. The otherway around your approach could be to find a forums/threads about self build servers, my build is based on a hardware suggestion from a group of tweakers i…

• mount usb hdd raspberry pi NAS

GreenBean - - General

Thats a anoying problem and using the uid in fstab would indeed solve the problem. But it bypassed the omv configuration. If I'm not mistaken omv stores your drives also in some kind of a xml file to be aware of them. This might give trouble later on. I've only recently migrated from debian to omv so not sure how to fix this. You could search for "openmediavault mount usb drive UID". This probably would give a similar exeriences and poblems. Kinda interested myself since my remote backup is usin…

• Ihr willkommen und gut zu sehen dass es bereits fixiert ist, danke for die auflossung. P.s. Dieses forum hat normalerweise ganz schnelle reaktionen in englisch. Setzen Sie einfach der text in translate.google.com um es nach englisch zu ubersetzen. Ich bin selbst niederlandisch... was erklart warum mein deutsch so schlecht ist ;).

• Bad HDD screwing everything up?

GreenBean - - General

Open your command prompt (cli) Open the file etc/ftab (to show your drive mounts) You can uncomment the line containing the drive you want to unmount by adding the # sign p.s. If this solves the problem I probably need you to edit another file to to remove it proberly from the webinterface, but we can test this first.

GreenBean - - General

Did you remove the drive mount to from omv?

• Deluge download to SMB shared folder

GreenBean - - General

Asuming you are now on v3, it should not matter that you came from 2... at least as far as I know. Since most people really are kinda chaotic with their permissions, I would look there first or just reset the whole tree and apply again. - verify that deluge is indeed processed by the user you expect - verify the file permissions - verify there are no acl's active and if they are the are not hindering the deluge user.

GreenBean - - General

Hi, the problem you have are exactly the same problems I had a while back on my Ubuntu server (hanging forever on boot). The only solution for me at the time was booting in save mode and removed the mount. Since you have problems with a drive and the results are the same as the problem I had, I'm pretty sure its the same thing. The easiest solution would obiously removing the mount and see if the problem still occurs. For testing your drive there are quit a few options availble, but software can…

• You probably an follow the same instructions

• You probably are right about that it might be a permission problem. Can you give the results of ls -l of the folder containing the folder that you want to move?

• I'm actually happy without automatic software updates, wouldn't want it any other way. Although a NAS is used at home, most people have quit a few applications installed on it and find it important that it keeps working. This means they want to check their NAS after running any update (except minor security updates maybe). This how companies do it to (test your apps after updating). I advice against it, but if you really want this, you can create the following task in the taskplanner containing …

• Es gibts nicht zo viele deutschsprachige besucher in diesem forum, und ich habe nicht viel erfahrung mit raid-hardware. Vielleicht konnten sie est ubersetzen mit google-translate und hier posten im englisch?

• ddns einrichten

GreenBean - - Plugins

Guten abend, haben sie schon versucht einen howto auf das internet su suchen? da sind ganz viel vorhanden. Ein anderes möglichkeit ist es in zu stellen auf dem router, das wort ich dun.

• Virus detected

GreenBean - - Plugins

good to hear

• your welcome, glad to hear it solved your problem.

• OMV 3 + TVHeadend Codecs disabled

GreenBean - - General

Thanks for taking the time to reply that. So you just have set your gpu_mem to 32 and everything worked fine again?