Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 450.

• How Rebuilt my old ZFS Pool

hoppel118 - - General

Yes, it seems so...

hoppel118 - - General

I don’t know an option for this. I found this thread, which confirms this: Reset OMV like a fresh install? Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

It is really hard to understand what you mean. Do you mean you want to reset omv to factory settings instead of rebuilding omv? Regards Hoppel

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

hoppel118 - - Plugins

@ryecoaaron Yep, I understand all your points and at least I am fine with it. I only wanted to bring in another point of view. I decided to leave the proxmox path, because I had problems with parallel pci passthrough of my dvb device (digital devices max s8) and my sas controller (lsi 3008). Everything was fine with proxmox4 and omv3, but not with proxmox5. I don’t think that it was a knowledge problem. I really understood how it works. Maybe I should give it another try. Nowadays my dvb card is…

• Docker GUI plugin now stable

hoppel118 - - Plugins

Hi @ryecoaaron, sorry, for the late response. I forgot this post. Quote from ryecoaaron: “It is integrated. Being a plugin doesn't make it any less integrated. I also am quite sure Volker would not want to maintain it. ” I like the simplicity of the current docker ui integration into the omv web ui. Docker brings a great value to openmediavault! We all recognized that omv has less plugins from version to version, because there are docker containers. Quote from ryecoaaron: “Why? It is just a fron…

• Quote from geaves: “The giveaway here is the drives will not mount for the following reason; sdb zfs_member └─sdb1 zfs_member sdc zfs_member └─sdc1 zfs_member sdd zfs_member └─sdd1 zfs_member They are part of a zfs pool which would require the zfs plugin, whilst zfs can be used with snapraid it would make no sense as each drive would be it's own pool! There are some on here that use zfs and maybe able to help. @hoppel118 @flmaxey ” Hi @geaves, I read the thread from the beginning. But I am sorry…

• There are a lot of tunables for zol: Source Code (29 lines) I found this issue from 2012 at github, where the developer @behlendorf listet some of the relevant tunables for scrub io performance: Quote from behlendorf: “There are tunables for this, however we haven't gone to any great lengths to tune each to the exact right value. The current setting were brought over from OpenSolaris and may not be exactly right for Linux. And feedback you can proved on what the default should be would be helpfu…

• Some more information about my system and it's usage: forum.openmediavault.org/index…5a9b4a46fb9283bf7edd74984 My Xeon is not the most powerful, but it should be enough for my use cases. forum.openmediavault.org/index…5a9b4a46fb9283bf7edd74984 forum.openmediavault.org/index…5a9b4a46fb9283bf7edd74984 There is also a lot of free memory: forum.openmediavault.org/index…5a9b4a46fb9283bf7edd74984 In my opinion the cpu and the memory is not the problem. Regards Hoppel

• Hi guys, tonight my openmediavault server informed/alerted me about load avarage matching the resource limit. I got round about 30 Emails. So I googled around and found this thread: monit alert -- Resource limit matched/succeeded localhost But that thread doesn't really help, because I have a high load avarage and not high space usage. I had the feeling that there may be a running scrub job. zpool status gives me the following output: Source Code (21 lines)BINGO! top gives me the following outpu…

• crash omv-mkconf and omv-update

hoppel118 - - General

Quote from votdev: “Report it here: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=libpython3.5-minimal;dist=unstable There is already an error report: bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=909521 Due the fact that this is reported 24 Sep 2018 it seems the Debian maintainer do not be in a hurry. If you comment the report it might increase the possibility that this bug gets more attention by the Debian project.” What do I have to do at the debian bug tracker? How does it work? Do I have to…

hoppel118 - - General

Quote from .H.: “i never delete Pool or files. ( i just would try to delete the sharing file on OMV in ordfer to try to re-import )” Is it possible to delete all files when deleting a share? I don’t know. So you decided to delete everything and start from the beginning... Did you solve your issue with the referenced shared filesystems? Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

@flmaxey Thanks for your opinion. @.H. I read the thread again, because in the beginning you wrote that you have problems to apply acls to your data. Quote from .H.: “when i try to validate the rules for my pool ( 7T with full of folders and files. it takes a lot of time to get done and ends up opening a window telling me that there is an internal error I try to delete the folders but impossible to do that... what can i do ? thanks” What exactly did you try to delete the folders and why did you …

hoppel118 - - General

Ok, so the directory „Hashare“ comes from your pool and seemingly it’s all the data your pool includes. Sadly, I can’t do more for you. @flmaxey What do you think about this result? Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

If this is the complete "zpool history", you never created zfs filesystems on your zpool. Didn't know that it is possible to work on the root of the pool directly. Can't see any critical commands in your zpool history. Sorry, I don't know what happend to your data. @.H. Please, do one last thing. Stop smb/nfs services and show us the output of the following commands. I want to see, if the directory "Hashare" is located at your zpool and mounted to "/mnt" or if it is located under "/mnt" directly…

hoppel118 - - General

@.H. Maybe we can see what happened with the output of the following command: Source Code (1 line) If the output is to long, use a service like: pastebin.com Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

Hey @flmaxey thanks for coming in. My assumption and my hope was/is, that cap used is 0%, because there is no mounted zfs filesystem. But I am not sure how „zpool list“ calculates the values (with or without mounted filesystems). For me it still seems that there is no filesystem mounted because the root mount point „/mnt“ is not empty. What do you think about this? Thanks and regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

I don’t know, if it is possible to help you. One last try. Let’s try to change the mountpoint of your pool: 1. Export the pool: Source Code (1 line) 2. Set a new mountpoint: Source Code (1 line) —> If this doesn‘t work, you may need to create the directory first: Source Code (1 line) 3. Import the pool: Source Code (1 line) 4. Look for zpool status: Source Code (1 line) Show us the output of all commands. Maybe you don’t need to export/import the pool to change the mountpoint. So, if step 2 does…

hoppel118 - - General

@flmaxey Do you have an idea what happened here? Regards Hoppel

hoppel118 - - General

No, don’t delete your pool! Export your pool. What exactly do you do, when you delete your pool? Show me the output of: Source Code (1 line) What did you mount to the folder „/mnt/Hashare“? Which filesystems were on your Pool1? Stop smb and/or nfs services by the omv webui. Then do the following: Show me the output of: Source Code (1 line) Show me the output of: Source Code (1 line) Show me the output of: Source Code (1 line) Maybe I am wrong with my suggestion, but your root mountpoint „/mnt“ m…

hoppel118 - - General

Quote from .H.: “Before deleting this filesystem, You must delete shares referencing this filesystem. ( shared folfers ? )” Is this a result of a command at the command line? So, if you use smb or nfs, deactivate the service/s by the omv web ui, before trying to export the pool.