Search Results

Search results 1-9 of 9.

• Rsync error on external usb disk

kuks - - RSync

Quote from tkaiser: “There the ':u' is missing. ” You are right...now it works! The driver in use is usb-storage and rsync works fine... Many thanks!!! Quote from geaves: “ ” thank you for your suggestion, but as you can see above my problem now is solved...

kuks - - RSync

Ok, thank you very much for your help anyway. Quote from tkaiser: “I only use Seagate 'internal' SATA/SAS disks but would never buy any of their USB3 products due to the Linux problems with them ” Therefore I guess that the best solution is to change the external disk and to buy a not-Seagate one, isn't it?? Do you have any suggestion about that?

kuks - - RSync

I already did that... The output that I reported before Source Code (1 line)was obtained after those commands...sorry if I didn't specified that...

kuks - - RSync

Quote from tkaiser: “You still need to blacklist the device and not the module. ” Now my blacklist file is as follows: Source Code (9 lines)The Seagate disk is now found (/dev/sdd exists) and can be mounted, but the driver in use is again uas... Source Code (7 lines)

kuks - - RSync

Blacklisting as you said gives me this output (after rebooting) Source Code (14 lines)therefore it seems that NO driver is loaded for the Seagate external HD, isn't it? I obtain a similar output connecting the hd to an usb 2.0 port

kuks - - RSync

Quote from tkaiser: “do some research to 'UAS blacklist' your specific disk on Debian (search hits for Ubuntu are appropriate as well -- simply do a web search) ” Without the uas module I cannot mount the disk. Even the device name (sdd in my case) has disappeared from /dev directory... Did I do any mistake?? Quote from tkaiser: “upgrade to at least kernel 4.14 since IIRC with this version the following patch has been applied to the kernel that should fix the issue: patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10…

kuks - - RSync

Ok, I will try...

kuks - - RSync

This is the ouput: Source Code (16 lines)

kuks - - RSync

Hi, I have a NAS with OMV 3.(Debian Stretch) with two HD configured as RAID1 and an external usb 3.0 HD for backup. Dmesg lists the following error when I try to rsync files on that disk [ 306.164222] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: ERROR Transfer event for disabled endpoint or incorrect stream ring [ 306.164481] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: @0000000175a67ab0 00000000 00000000 04000000 04038001 and the rsync process hangs. I cannot understand the error, can anyone help me? Thank you! kuks