Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RAID 6: GPT table is corrupt

ryecoaaron - - RAID

It looks like you created the array with OMV which means it is not using partitions. So, a corrupt GPT doesn't cause any problems. It just means the drives weren't completely wiped before creating the array.

• Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from tr3bjockey: “There is no documentation on the readme or the release notes. ” The config file (/etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf) it uses is the best source of documentation or the code that writes the config file - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…avault/mkconf/flashmemory. You can see the mount points it "protects". Quote from tr3bjockey: “After the flash memory plugin is installed successfully, is there a downside to using this? ” No matter what the downsides, I definitely would not run…

• Quote from cezargradianu: “Any words of wisdom when setting up the OMV? ” Watch a video or two from here - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Don't use ntfs Try to stay away ACLs.

• Linear RAID suddenly disappeard

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “i guess i can't change to mergefs ? ” Nope. You need to format each drive to use it in this case. Quote from bart70: “should i watch rsnapshot or Greyhole ? ” I use rsync to sync two OMV systems. Then I use rsnapshot on both systems. This does use a lot of space but very reliable and I have lots of safety factors involved. Greyhole isn't support as a plugin anymore.

• That explains the sda...

• Quote from cezargradianu: “I did not connect the drive while installing ” Strange that it would complain about the sda drive then since the sd card would be mmcblk0. Did you have a usb stick plugged in?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “Can i ask you something more, can we know why this crashed ? ” I wish I knew that answer. Sometimes it is because the system was not shutdown properly. Other times, it is because the hardware spins up the drives too late. Never found the reason for a lot of these issues. While I have never had issues with raid, I don't use it on most of my systems now (mergerfs and rsnapshot are good enough for most of my uses).

• I would also not have the data drive attached when installing.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “i see it in the web GUI .. should i mount it ? (i prefer ask than break all) ” No. that will cause it to create a new entry. mount -a from the command line should mount everything.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “it's the same ... the -1 is not weird ? ” strange. Maybe it was a spare? How many drives are in the array? Try the commands again but remove the h from the brackets in the assemble command.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Try the stop and assemble commands again from my earlier post.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Ok, what is the output of cat /proc/mdstat Maybe it didn't stop?

ryecoaaron - - RAID

What is the output of: ls -al /dev/md* I haven't seen this error before. If there is a different node in the output from above, use that node. Otherwise, try: mdadm --assemble --verbose --force --update=summaries /dev/md0 /dev/sd[ahgfec]

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “seems my raid is still there .. .but inactive. how can i active it back ? i got an error on the sdb2 ? ” Inactive doesn't mean you will be able to get it back. Hope you have backup. You need to stop the old array first. mdadm --stop /dev/md0 mdadm --assemble --verbose --force /dev/md0 /dev/sd[ahgfec]

• Quote from ggibeau: “file system still showing as missing ” If the array starts in auto-read-only mode every time you reboot, there is something wrong with the array. I'm not sure what is causing the issue though. Maybe google has an answer.

• Quote from Njuilpo: “And confirm that it will fit in the RockPro64 case. ” Just about any low profile card will work.

• Quote from ggibeau: “Shows active raid5 now rebooted ” Your array was fixed with the command but after rebooting, it is probably going into auto-read-only again. This generally happens when something is wrong with the array/drive in the array. I would fix it with the readwrite command again and then omv-mkconf mdadm. Leave the system on for a while to make sure everything is happening on the array that needs to happen.

• Quote from dziekon: “Feel free to review my code here ” That is an impressive amount of work. We appreciate all the help we can get

• Quote from Nefertiti: “2 are listed one 64 the other plain armhf what are the differences? ” One is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit. If you don't have a reason to use one or the other, then follow ayufan's advice when he says the 32 bit (armhf) offers the best compatibility. Quote from Nefertiti: “Any advices in term of add on like Emmc Or other parts? ” I don't use emmc on mine because it really doesn't make a difference. What other parts are you looking at?

• Build a low-power NAS with a SBC

ryecoaaron - - My NAS Build

Quote from Njuilpo: “I read that the RockPro 64 is a nice board and it could do the job for my NAS. Combined with this case pine64.org/?product=rockpro64-metal-desktopnas-casing it seems a good solution to me. ” I have both. It is a nice setup. Quote from Njuilpo: “For the SATA part, Pine64 sells a PCI-E to SATA adapter but I also read a post from @tkaiser pointing to a good one sold on ebay, so I would like some advice. (because buying all at the same shop reduces shipping costs) ” Go with his …