Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 404.

• Quote from Earthlings: “Quote from David B: “Hello all, I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS from the OMV web UI, but given that NTFS is not an option in the "Create File System" list, I am somewhat lost right now. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! ” Hi there, just letting you know that you can format your Drive as NTFS from Windows, then you just plug it into OMV and it will work. OMV doesn't let you format as NTFS by default, but you can always use Windows. If y…

• Quote from Earthlings: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS ” Why? ” Don't ask why, just answer the question please. For example, just to make you happy, the reason I want to OMV to support NTFS is because I have 2TB drive (NTFS) filled with contents. Formatting it would erase all of the contents. So if OMV can support NTFS, then I won't have to reformat this drive. I can just plug it in and it's good to go. I do not want to move my contents …

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

I think that worked! Thanks! I tried running logrotate manually again and there were no errors this time.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of: sudo cat /etc/mysql/debian.cnf ” I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been on vacation. Source Code (12 lines)

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Ok, I would try removing the debian-sys-admin:DELETE FROM mysql.user WHERE user = 'debian-sys-admin'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; Then try this again: sudo logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server ” Nope! Still happening.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

I'm just going to post a message here with @ryecoaaron tagged so he doesn't miss it.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “cat /etc/logrotate.d/mysql-server ” Source Code (20 lines) Quote from ryecoaaron: “sudo grep -r debian-sys-admin /etc/* ” No output for this one.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “If someone can login to your system as root, a mysql password doesn't mean anything because they could start mysql in safe mode and change the password anyway. If you really want to change it, you can: GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES on *.* to 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; UPDATE mysql.user SET plugin = 'mysql_native_password' WHERE user = 'root'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; ” Okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately though, the issue is still unsolved. I got a…

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “UPDATE mysql.user SET plugin = 'unix_socket' WHERE user = 'root'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; This should let you login as the root user without a password. ” Okay, I've done it! Now I'll just wait to see if I get another one of those e-mails tomorrow. I've accumulated quite a collection of them. Still one question though: isn't it dangerous to allow logins as the root user without requiring as password?

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “What is the output of this query: [tt]select user,plugin from mysql.user;[/tt ” Here is the output: pastebin.com/FvRDsBLU I apologize for the Pastebin link, but putting it in a code tag here on the forum causes some undesirable behavior.

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

I've looked in to this a little more, but I still haven't come up with anything. If anybody has any suggestions, please let me know.

• Quote from tinh_x7: “I'm using Chrome. I also tried with Chrome with Incognito Mode and my iPhone, but it's still the same. ” That's strange. Does this still happen whenever you remove the contents of your Nginx configuration?

• Quote from tinh_x7: “hello all, My port 80 is currently being used by another service, so I use an alternative port for my new service, which is port 84. I've configured my DNS as port 80 redirect on NoIP.com. This is the code that I'm using in the Nginx config: error_page 497 https://$host:8443$request_uri; The problem is that when I enter the URL, and redirects it to my site, but it displays Public IP. ie.78.11.19.22:8443 How do I configure it to display as my URL: abc.mmm.com:8443 ? ” What we…

• MySQL Cron Job Error

David B - - General

Hello @ryecoaaron. Out of curiosity, have you found a solution to this?

• OMV 4 on Debian 9 problem install

David B - - General

Yeah pretty much anything network-related does not work through WSL. I learned this the hard way when trying to use UPnPC with my router. Your best bet is to either run Debian directly on your hardware or create a VM with it and configure the virtual network adapter to have its own IP address on the network. I forget what this setting is called, but you can find it quite easily online.

• Yep! It looks like that was the solution! Thanks!

• Quote from gderf: “I guess you could run the cron job manually and see what happens. ” I just did, and so far, no e-mails.

• Quote from gderf: “I don't know of anyone who made this change and continued to get that same email. ” Well alright then. I suppose I will just wait and see. Thanks!

• Quote from gderf: “As root, edit /root/.profile Remove this line: Source Code (1 line)Add this line: Source Code (1 line)” Okay, I have done so. Thanks! Now I just have to wait until next weekend to see if I get another e-mail?

• Every Saturday since December 30, 2017 (yes, I have all of them saved because I never delete anything), I've been receiving an e-mail that reads: Source Code (2 lines) After ignoring it for months, I've decided that perhaps I should look in to fixing it. Would anyone have any idea what's wrong or what could be done about it? The first time I saw it, I got nervous because I thought it was an e-mail about a failing disk, but I am reasonably sure that's not what's going on here. It should be noted …