Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

• no solution so far?

• Web-based file explorer

mrblonde - - Plugins

Quote from jollyrogr: “FWIW, if I need a graphical file manager, I fire up terminal and ssh -X to the box. Once in, I start thunar. Of course for X11 forwarding to work you'll need some basic X11 components installed on the server and you'll need an X11 environment on your client machine. Windows users can use Putty and Xming. ” This solution is not web-based! And it's not multiplatform and not to handle for anyone.... the Goal is to set up a family share fo everyone.

• Hey! As I already found out, there is not iTunes/DAAP plugin available anymore... so my question is, is it possible to set up an iTunes/daap Server by console on the Linux system of omv or is there any other plugin for synching and backup my iPhone? Thx!

• Web-based file explorer

mrblonde - - Plugins

I'm also very interested in this topic. My idea also was to use NextCloud, but there's no Integration of the existing file system, right? So u need to duplicate everything and put it in the NC data folder? Otherwise it would be great. Nobody has a solution?

• Thx for your fast and detailed anwser. I already gave minidlna recursive permissions. Did it again but still no permission.

• Hey! I installed the MiniDLNA plugin version 3.3.10 and started it. I added a video folder and then started the scan for the media. I followed this tutorial exactly htpcguides.com/install-minidlna-plugin-openmediavault/ In th syslog i get the following error: Jul 2 00:46:13 skynetnas systemd[1]: Starting LSB: minidlna server... Jul 2 00:46:13 skynetnas minidlna[14925]: [2017/07/02 00:46:13] minidlna.c:613: error: Media directory "V,/media/f842ff45-c949-4f5a-ad2b-0bc1fe5cacff/video" not accessibl…

• Install NextCloud on OMV

mrblonde - - Plugins

Ok, thx to both of you! I didn't know that it is so easy to generate a certificate. I will try it by using the letsencrypt plugin setting it up for my dynamic dns host.

mrblonde - - Plugins

Quote from tinh_x7: “The instructions are on: forum.openmediavault.org/index…SQL-alternative-approach/ ” ??? I read this post already, ssl is not enabled in this setup! Or did i miss a post in the whole discussion? Are u running NC on OMV with SSL?

mrblonde - - Plugins

Quote from tinh_x7: “You don't need to install Apache2 to use SSL. Most of users in here use SSL with Nginx just fine. ” Ok, but tell me the set up then for using nginx with ssl please!

mrblonde - - Plugins

Quote from David B: “Quote from mrblonde: “Quote from tinh_x7: “I'm suggest that don't use the OC plugin b/c it's an obsolete version, and it not updating anymore. You need to install NextCloud manually, then follow the OwnCloud tutorial. Alter your settings accordingly for NextCloud. forums.openmediavault.org/inde…SQL-alternative-approach/ ” thx for this but nextcloud without ssl doesn't make any sense. my question is, is it possible to install apache2 for NC on omv or do u know a way to get a …

mrblonde - - Plugins

Quote from tinh_x7: “I'm suggest that don't use the OC plugin b/c it's an obsolete version, and it not updating anymore. You need to install NextCloud manually, then follow the OwnCloud tutorial. Alter your settings accordingly for NextCloud. forums.openmediavault.org/inde…SQL-alternative-approach/ ” thx for this but nextcloud without ssl doesn't make any sense. my question is, is it possible to install apache2 for NC on omv or do u know a way to get a ssl certificate for nginx? thank you!

• ASRock J3455-ITX problems

mrblonde - - Motherboards

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from mrblonde: “It booted by another attempt but took a very long time. I think Kernel 4.7.0 is not working properly for this system. Any other ideas? ” This can be the problem with newer boards sometimes. I'm guessing it needs a boot time parameter changed and/or try the 4.8 kernel from stretch (should be in jessie-backports soon but not yet). wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/l/linux/linux-image-4.8.0-1-amd64-unsigned_4.8.7-1_amd64.deb dpkg -i linux-i…

Please tell me what kind of problems do u have and which version you tried to install. I did nothing special in the Bios settings. Don't had any problems using the 16.10. amd64 Desktop version. Made an bootable USB Stick with rufus, changed to boot from USB (not UEFI) and installed it. Works even parallel to OMV.

It booted by another attempt but took a very long time. I think Kernel 4.7.0 is not working properly for this system. Any other ideas?

Everything is still connected and everything is configurated and the Kernel is installed via OMV extras.

Ok I managed to install OMV 3 and added the 4.7 Kernel. But when I'm booting OMV and choose Kernel 4.7 in GRUB OMV is not booting. After initializationing ramdisk there is only a cursor blinking on a black screen and nothing happens. Waited for 10 min already.

Ok thank you very much so far! I first will try to install OMV 3 the normal way even it is very slow again. Offtopic: As u seem to be an OMV expert, can u tell me if there is any intern file browser for OMV? I'm used to DSM from Synology which is very comfortable and has an internal file browser to move files which sometimes is necessary. Also I'm missing a plugin for IPSec VPN server. The only thing i saw is OpenVPN, is that correct?

The problem is to get the installation done. It's very unstable and so slow. Is it possible to make an ISO build with the Kernel 4.7 implemented and then do the installation?

Hey! I got the new ASRock J3455-ITX board to build up my own NAS with OMV. I tried to install OMV 3 but I got no chance to pass the installation because it was so very slow. I think it is because of the Debian 8 system, which does not support the Intel Apollo Lake Processors. Instead of OMV 3 I installed OMV 2, which seemed to work but the performance is very bad. For instance i can't get full download speed with NZBGet. I installed Ubuntu 16.10 besides OMV 2 on the same system and the perfomenc…