Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from tkaiser: “The disk is mounted several times? Oh, is this a bus-powered Seagate USB3 disk? ” no, self-powered with AmazonBasics 4 Port USB 3.0 Hub Quote from tkaiser: “So you constantly reformat the disk and switch between Windows and Linux? ” lol no it used to be NTFS before

• Quote from tkaiser: “Sorry, no idea what you're doing. To be able to help please provide output from 'sudo armbianmonitor -u', then check the mountpoint of your sda partition, do a 'cd /path/to/sda1' and provide output from Source Code (1 line)” here's the armbianmonitor -u log LINK and here's the iozone out strange it shows 19-23 MBs benchmark the same HDD with NTFS it shows above 110 MB/s on Windows Source Code (34 lines)

• Quote from tkaiser: “This is your storage. Slow as hell if that's also sda. ” same test from my ubuntu VM Source Code (4 lines)

• greetings i am using omv4 latest official build for odroid-xu4 im facing jittery uploads on FTP and constant 25MB/s uploads on SMB downloads are perfect 110MB/s tried iperf and its fine hdd benchmark is all fine too on omv3 never faced such issue i'm attaching GIF files for FTP and SMB here's the log Brainfuck Source Code (71 lines)

• greetings i am using omv4 latest official build for odroid-xu4 im facing jittery uploads on FTP and constant 25MB/s uploads on SMB downloads are perfect 110MB/s tried iperf and its fine hdd benchmark is all fine too on omv3 never faced such issue i'm attaching GIF files for FTP and SMB here's the log Brainfuck Source Code (71 lines)

• well i am successful installing omv-remotedesktop plugin on omv4 everything thing works BUT how can i optimize xrdp? i have tried adding following in xrdp.ini Source Code (4 lines)but there feels no compression on the image quality tried changing my windows rdp settings but no dice how can i use vnc viewer on xrdp? for low/optimized image quality i need this because i access my omv remotely via ssh bugs: it fails to logout my desktop session when i click logout and states Session manager must be…

• greetings everyone i really want to use a web browser on my odroid-xu4 with omv4 is it possible with omv-remotedesktop plugin via vnc? do i have create a new user for xfce4? i am familiar with x11vnc, do i have to config anything like x11vnc? what about X11 framebuffer drivers Mali GPU drivers and xorg.conf for the framebuffer drivers

• greetings everyone i have successfully upgraded from omv v3 to v4 have tested ftp and smb, they works fine but apt-get update fails to complete what should be the problem? it is stuck as Source Code (46 lines)

• Quote: “- The last partition for data use will be automatically resized on first boot to use all available SD card space. Though you need to put your filesystem of choice on it (eg mkfs.btrfs /dev/mmcblk0p3) openmediavault-flashmemory plugin preinstalled to reduce wear on SD card/eMMC. ” oh i see thanks

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from kamilmirza: “had to manually resize my root partition, though ” Do you use an 8 GB eMMC? Quote from kamilmirza: “can't change ethernet name from enx to eth0 ” There are methods to do this but not supported and I refuse to help since the method is marked as deprecated with Debian Stretch and won't be available with next Debian version anyway. Better learn to live with better network interface names right now: freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/…bleNetworkInterfaceNames/…

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from kamilmirza: “is boot from emmc supported? ” Depends on the eMMC. The Samsung Exynos boots from hidden boot partitions on the eMMC and this part is not accessible when you burn the image to eMMC. Hardkernel flashed a crippled u-boot until last year (only capable to boot from FAT partitions), IIRC they fixed this 10 or 11 months ago. From then on the u-boot they flash to eMMC can also deal with ext4 (which Armbian and OMV use). In other words: If your eMMC is older …

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from kamilmirza: “i have freshly installed Debian Stretch from HERE, fully updated/upgraded then i followed THIS guide to install omv 4 ” This is a recipe to get a pretty slow performing OMV installation afterwards (but it might be better now that meveric updated his image to a more recent kernel -- in the past images using the old 3.x kernels and not using any optimizations performed not even half as fast as our optimized image). The differences to our optimized OMV 4…

• last time for omv3 official builds gave me issues i give it another try for omv4

• greetings i have freshly installed Debian Stretch from HERE, fully updated/upgraded then i followed THIS guide to install omv 4 first it failed saying no space in /boot, i deleted old kernels from boot directory and restarted the shell script have tried apt-get -f install but no gain following is the error log Source Code (91 lines)

• Quote from Jeansburger: “This is the current configuration I have on SMB read raw = yes write raw = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=65536 SO_RCVBUF=65536 max protocol = SMB1 max xmit = 65535 ” where are those configurations located? i can't find them in my /etc/samba/smb.conf

• Odroid Slow SMB Read Rates

kamilmirza - - General

greetings follow members of omv i have installed omv on odroid jessie, followed these instructions: INSTRUCTIONS everything is up and working fine i have a little problem with slow read rates(~30MB) on SMB but write rates (~60MB) are fine i have: 1x Seagate 1TB EXT4 USB 3.0 and 1x WD 1TB NTFS USB 3.0 both connected to 4-Port USB 3.0 bus powered with 5V/2.5A power adaptor odroid and my PC(win10) are connected to Gigabit network can you guys help me sort out this problem here are my stats of both …

• @ryecoaaron well i have manage to successfully install omv v3 Erasmus don't know what happened and just ran apt-get install openmediavault and it completed without any error thank you for your assistance one more thing i have a portable USB3.0 1TB HDD (single ext4 partition) i want to share the whole partition on SMB/CIFS (for Windows) and NFS (for Kodi devices on my network) how can i achieve this?

• @ryecoaaron well i tried your link Debian Jessie got updated perfectly didn't installed anything below apt update and apt upgrade and after Source Code (1 line) failed with error i have attached my term.log and even with omv-initsystem Source Code (2 lines)

• sorry to hear your loss i have tried omv on Debian Jessie it upgraded successfully, everything seemed perfect but it was not showing any of USB attached HDDs tried fdisk -l and all other solutions but my HDD's didn't showed up trying with your link and will report back

• greetings guys i am new to NAS and UNIX i have searched omv forums but haven't found any thing which helped me upgrade to omv v3 i am trying to update/upgrade Odroid XU4 2.1.1 build (downloaded from sourceforge) to omv v3 i have tried Source Code (2 lines)but after omv-release-upgrade it gives some errors; sorry couldn't get the output - trying for the 4th time as i'm writing and when i rebooted, the omv webpage didn't load (ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT) haven't configured one single thing on v2 tri…