Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• Updates broken after adding extra repo

username - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “I didn't remember that there was an armel syncthing package. I added the plugin to the repo for armel. You should be able to re-enable the repo. The luks plugin is in the repo already for armel. What is the output of: apt-cache policy openmediavault-luksencryption” Hurra! That's a service! Thank you very much!!! Go armel go!!! (400Mhz & 128MB RAM - The power to success! ) 248px-Buffalo_LinkStation_Pro_and_KuroBox_Pro_together.jpeg Just for info: armel is introduced in arm…

• Updates broken after adding extra repo

username - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Just disable the btsync repo. There is no armel repo for it.” That's easy! Thank's! But.. actually I hoped I can install syncthing. I even know there is armel package... but not distributed as a omv plugin, right? I also have realy hard times to find the LUKS omv plugin? Is there a armel package?

• is it save to go for a sudo apt-get autoclean & sudo apt-get clean all or is this dangerous? Or doesn't help this at all?

• what's next? .

• Hey Folks! I killed my apt-get update (alias omv-update). After I added the "openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all.deb" via GUI -> I got this: Source Code (8 lines) Tried again using the cli version and wget... same result as up Looking in the file, it's true, there is no armel Architectures: amd64 armhf i386

• Permissons hickup

username - - NFS

nobody? really? maybe I should work on my politeness

• Permissons hickup

username - - NFS

Quote from WastlJ: “ 3680254.jpg ” Intellectual property! Done ;)

• Permissons hickup

username - - NFS

Running: Shared Folders -> Reset Permissions Source Code (4 lines) Does a good job resetting the permissoions. I just don't know if I should hit [ ] 'Clear all ACL's'. But who knows... For all new files/folders the following problem still exists Quote from username: “ What I figured out playing with the nfs share: - PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1) - PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1 -> For Folder X User1 can manual set the permissions for all users to rw. Then PC2 has access. - PC2: Cre…

• Permissons hickup

username - - NFS

Hey Ho! I "moved" my shares from smb to nfs. Now I have troubles with permissions. I just set the folder permission of the share (rw) and none at user level. The problem is that I use the same folders I had before with smb and there is still permissions on the folder. I didn't made a "reset" of the permissions yet - because I don't no where. What I figured out playing with the nfs share: - PC1: Creating Folder X (Owner:User1) - PC2: Checking Folder X Owner -> User1 -> For Folder X User1 can manu…

• Quote from votdev: “You can do this using the following CLI command: Source Code (1 line)” Thanks, I did it! Output: Source Code (16 lines) But most important is this line I guess: Quote: “update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing”

• Hi all! I have some troubles with my little poor arm box. It has only around 250 BogoMIPS (resulting from a 400MHz CPU and 128MB RAM). Quote: “BogoMips (from "bogus" and MIPS) is an unscientific measurement of CPU speed made by the Linux kernel when it boots to calibrate an internal busy-loop.[1] An oft-quoted definition of the term is "the number of million times per second a processor can do absolutely nothing".” en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BogoMips I figured out that omv periodical does apt-checks:…

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

I continue here to ask another question which is related to my old solved issue. Or better which is related with my move from SMB/CIFS to NFS. I managed my old shares with different permissions per users. Now I use nfs and just have read-only or read&write shares. The problem which occurs now is that when I access my shares via nfs (which where former managed by samba) is that I don't have access on some folders and files. I guess I need to go in OMV to shared folders and run the 'ACL'. Here I c…

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from tekkb: “That folder is still being used by SMB/CIFS.... You need to delete it from the SMB/CIFS Shares TAB. You should not do what you did. I'm not sure if you config.xml file is OK now.” You genius! I didn't deleted the smb-shares - just deactivated them and turned the daemon off! Was not enough So when I delete them - there are not "used" anymore and I can kill kick them.

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from tekkb: “Sorry, I see you checked that already. Can you run the stat command on that folder???? change directory to one level above it. stat Documents Also, copy the Documents shared folder section out of your /etc/openmediavault/config.xml file and post it in a code box. Here is an example for a public shared folder: Source Code (14 lines) Maybe some user still has perms on it. ” Documents is a bad example because this is one of the folder's I keep. It's already in use again with a nf…

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from tekkb: “Did you check home folder for your users. One might be using a shared folder on that drive. If so disable it and set it back to none. Highlight the user and click on the Settings TAB to check.” Just checked all of them and they are clear. Never used that "home folder" feature in the past

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from WastlJ: “So no special plugins installed, which could use the folder... hmm.” Nope, and now I did the update to stoneburner 2.1.4 and the same problem still remains!

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from WastlJ: “Output of: dpkg -l | grep openmediavault” Here we go: Source Code (4 lines)

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Nope, I meant in the Access Right Management section:” Checked: disabled (it is, and it was) arm_reich.png

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Do you have user home directories enabled?” Inside SAMBA? No, not even the service is running...

• Delete shared Folders

username - - General

Quote from username: “Quote from WastlJ: “Quote from username: “BTW: I'm still on v1.19 and wanted to do the jump to v2.x now” There is no need to delete the shared folders for upgrading to 2.X. However, are you sure you do not use it anywhere else? In a plugin maybe? Plex etc?” It's only for houskeeping not for the update, I just want less shares... Good idea with the plugins. I will check that - maybe it's the extplorer?! ” Hmmm, doesn't look like. Just uninstalled extplorer and it say's the s…