Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• du kannst ja wenn alles glatt geht, hier auch mal ne positive Nachricht da lassen - damit die Fehlerthreads im Verhältnis weniger werden

• Die Datenplatten werden beim Upgrade nicht angefasst. Plugins, bei denen eine höhere Versionsnummer vorhanden ist, können im Normalfall installiert bleiben und machen keine Komplikationen. Selbst wenn - Die Daten bleiben erhalten

• Quote from Michelle_Br: “- ich weiß, dass bei den OMV-Extras ein Equivalent meiner installierten Plugins vorhanden sein muss, damit sie aktiv bleiben können - gilt das auch für exakte Versionsnummer oder nur das Plugin ansich? ” Pluginversionen sind meist bei höheren OMV-Versionen auch mit einer höheren Versionsnummer versehen. Außer, es hat sich seit dem nix geändert und es funktioniert noch. Quote from Michelle_Br: “- muss ich die OMV-Extras deaktivieren vor einem Upgrade, da ja abweichende Ve…

• Change User ID's and how to do it

WastlJ - - General

Changing User IDs as well as Group IDs is the standard Debian way. Keep in mind that you might need to change the existing files, too. You can find both informations here for example: cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-change…-gid-for-all-owned-files/

• WhatsApp backup

WastlJ - - General

Whatsapp only backs up at iCloud or Google Drive (depending which phone you use). So it is not possible to make a backup of your Whatsapp on your own server.

• Some links don't work?

WastlJ - - Off-Topic

Looks like it works already

• Some links don't work?

WastlJ - - Off-Topic

Link works for me and takes me to the correct post.

• Add existing hard disk ans see all data

WastlJ - - General

What filesystem is on that drive? What have you used it for?

• Debian 9 on QNAP TS-210 + OMV

WastlJ - - My NAS Build

Quote from mipi: “1. is it it possible by the Method above to force OMV4 running on the System ” omv-release-upgrade

• How long for a RAID5 build up?

WastlJ - - RAID

what does cat /sys/block/md0/md/stripe_cache_size give you?

• My plans for a small and compact NAS are exactly the same. HC2 and a big single HDD. Everything important is synced to another remote cloud solution in the meantime. So it does not really matter if the HDD crashes in the future. However - I don´t like to spend so much money on a single HDD... 8TB would be enough in my case.

• Unbanned.

• Don´t you use iCloud? Thats for almost everything except Photos. For Photos you can use for example: photosync-app.com/ Quote from Photosync-App: “Securely backup photos & videos to any NAS, mobile storage device or personal cloud over SMB, (S)FTP or WebDav. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology, Western Digital, QNAP, Netgear, Seagate, Toshiba, SanDisk, Buffalo… ” Where are your PDFs as well as your other important docs saved? Or what app do you use to open/modify them?

• Planmäßige SMART-Tests starten nicht

WastlJ - - General

Was dir hier auf jeden Fall hilft sind deine Posts in Englisch zu verfassen. Der Großteil der Nutzer ist nicht deutschsprachig.

• Quote from newbieHC1HC2: “2x iPads both have tons of data that needs backup. I gotta figure out APPLE OS iOS V10.3.3 ( NEWEST IT WILL SUPPORT) I DONT KNOW iOs AND HOW TO SETUP NAS. ” What exactly do you mean with "tons of data"? Depending on what you want to save exactly I can give you some information. (Contacts, Calendar? Or do you have it at apple`s icloud? Photos?...?)

• Network over Smartphone

WastlJ - - Network

Also tut mir leid, aber auch nach mehrmaligem durchlesen bin ich nicht schlauer als vorher. Was versuchst du zu tun? Deine OMV Hardware ins W-Lan einbinden? Das Handy als Hotspot verwenden? Wenn das Gerät einen anderen Adressbereich verwendet, kannst du dich entweder mit NAT beschäftigen (sofern Android das kann) oder ggf. statisch verteilen.

• If you have a spare hdd, you can try to install OMV 4 and just exchange the OS drives. Then mount your data drives. If it works well - just keep on using it. If not, switch back

• Changing OS disk

WastlJ - - General

Data disks will not get harmed if you change the OS drive. (Please unplug them while installing on your new OS drive!) IMHO it is not worth making a backup from the OS drive and fiddling it onto a new drive. I´m always installing OMV freshly onto the new drive, mount the data drives and configure everything from scratch. Takes about 1 hour - done. However - a backup of your data (depending on how important it is) is always a good idea.

• OMV does just sit on top of Debian. Therefore if Debian releases updates you still receive them. And guess what, those are such updates So, OMV itself would appear in that list. Just out of curiosity - why don´t you want to move?

• Autoshutdown funktioniert nicht

WastlJ - - Plugins

schon mal dein LOG geprüft?