Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “wipefs -n /dev/sd[bcde] ” I ended up backing up everything to my 2nd NAS - then upgrading to Version 4.1.12. I installed the Proxmox kernel and installed ZFS. I had to wipe the 4 drives before they showed up as available to add to the ZFS pool - but all is well now. Thanks again for all your help.

• OK - thank you for all your help. I will just go back to version 3.x (which I have done before and the array was just fine) - back up everything to my other NAS, and then completely rebuild the array (maybe using ZFS)

• file system still showing as missing

• Ran these commands with these results - - will leave on for awhile without touching to see what happens. Thanks root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdb[0] sdc[1] sdd[2] sde[3] 8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] unused devices: <none> root@omv2:~# mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid…

• This is a new one logged in as root run /proc/mdstat get Permission denied error root@omv2:~# /proc/mdstat bash: /proc/mdstat: Permission denied root@omv2:~# So I ran: root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdc[1] sde[3] sdb[0] sdd[2] 8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] unused devices: <none> root@omv2:~# Then ran: root@omv2:~# mdadm --readwrite…

• root@omv2:~# cat /proc/mdstat Personalities : [raid6] [raid5] [raid4] [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] md127 : active (auto-read-only) raid5 sdc[1] sde[3] sdd[2] sdb[0] 8790405120 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2 [4/4] [UUUU] unused devices: <none> root@omv2:~# Kernal is Linux 4.9.0.8-amd64 (obtained from System Information - Overview) yes - I rebooted multiple times root@omv2:~# grep -ir backport /etc/apt/* /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01autoremove: "linux-backports-modules…

• Quote from ryecoaaron: “mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127 ” ran apt-update apt-get upgrade (nothing to upgrade) removed clamav plugin Ran in-place upgrade to go from 3.x to 4.x completed with no errors logged in via web u=interface here is what I see under "File Systems" forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6 Run the command you referenced - from telnet "mdadm --readwrite /dev/md127" Reboot File System same - - not mounted and Missing ran "apt-get update" and apt-get upgrade" just t…

• No - I never tried that - - do you think it would have worked? I guess I can do an upgrade in place again and see what happens (since I know I can always put 3.x back on there) - and if it does the same thing, I can try the command you reference above. root@omv2:~# wipefs -n /dev/[bcde] wipefs: error: /dev/[bcde]: probing initialization failed: No such file or directory root@omv2:~# Thanks George

• TeX Source Code (27 lines)

• root@omv2:~# wipefs -n /dev/md127 offset type ---------------------------------------------------------------- 0x438 ext4 [filesystem] LABEL: HULK UUID: 689e2054-f38c-4415-a5fd-941a2384a054 BTW - I have never run ZFS on this NAS

• I needed to get to my data - so I reinstalled 3.0.99 and my raid files are all there Guess I will stick to 3.x

• Can anyone help with this issue?? Thanks

• Based on this post - Degraded or missing raid array I am posting the requested information. Source Code (6 lines) Source Code (8 lines)Source Code (9 lines) Source Code (25 lines) Source Code (4 lines)

• as an FYI - my file system is ext4

• Attached diagnostics report and config.xml (had to append .txt for it to upload) Thanks for taking a look.

• On my 3.x OMV machine (which I have had fr a long time) - I decided to do the upgrade to 4.x. I uninstalled all plugins (not running that many) SSH's in as root Ran command "omv-release-upgrade" and let run to completion (from 3.x to 4.1.12) No major errors other than the python warning Let system reboot Wait until system is fully up login in as admin all looks good - until I go to; Storage File Systems I see the OS partition - and all looks good But - my storage volume shows all n/a's and a sta…

• "Missing" RAID filesystem

ggibeau - - RAID

It is Raid 5 with 4 drives. I do have a backup (I have this sync to another NAS for most of the files - but not all - - I know, bad planning on my part) I reinstalled with version 3.x - Array was still there - re-created SMB shares and added them as shared folders - and can access everything. Thanks

ggibeau - - RAID

If I reinstalled 3.x from scratch - do you think it would re recognize the old raid array (md0)? Or does anyone have any thoughts how to fix this??? Really getting desperate to get my files back. Thanks George

ggibeau - - RAID

Just upgraded last night from a stable 3.x build (running for a LONG time with no issues) to 4.1.0.1). As others have stated - my md0 partition is not mounted or recognized. It is comprised of Qty 4 - WDC-WD30EFRX-68E drives. Output of udevadm info --query=property --name=/dev/md0 DEVLINKS=/dev/disk/by-id/md-uuid-de9ec887:074a453e:f6ad3e13:8e8d12a6 /dev/disk/by-id/md-name-OMV2:HULK DEVNAME=/dev/md0 DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/block/md0 DEVTYPE=disk MAJOR=9 MD_DEVICES=4 MD_DEVICE_sdb_DEV=/dev/sdb MD…

• Raid Management Error

ggibeau - - RAID

When I click on Raid Management - I get the following error (running 0.4.36) - - any suggestions as to cause? Everything else seems to be fine. Thanks in advance.... ; Error #4001: exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get list of physical volumes' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/raidmgmt.inc:103 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: RaidMgmtRpc->enumerateDevices(Array) #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(265): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #2 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/raidm…