Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

• Need help with VPN

syrusstk - - Network

Not wrong the plugin has a bug, there are multiple topic opened on this, but if you follow this guide you should be able to have it working, but you need to ssh and change the server config forum.openmediavault.org/index…?postID=183452#post183452

• ssh is root password you set during the install

• How to partition data disks

syrusstk - - General

Make a stick with Gpart and partition your disk and than load it up into omv gparted.org/

• Install nextcloud, upload your photos share it and your done. See youtube.com/watch?v=PKsq7k2pwsI&t=1s

• When you ssh into your server and start creating directories or modify them as the root user they will automatically change to root the problem is when you set them for docker you probably gave them access to your admin account depending on your PUID PGID You can find them by using id admin and id root. Now if you used the admin account for me is PUID 998 and PGID 100 you need to ssh into your server and do a chown admin:users folder/ folder/ is the path to the folder you want to change the perm…

• NTFS Support

syrusstk - - General

Quote from Earthlings: “Wow how did you do that. Did you have to install Plug In or anything for it to work? Let me try again with the Left Shift Shut Down thing... Thank you again. ” Will try to make it as simple as possible. If hard drive was connected to a windows machine windows 8, 8.1 or 10 you need to perform a full shutdown, to do that you need to hold shift and click the shutdown button. You can read why here: ntfs and ubuntu More complicated way to do a full shutdown: Windows 10 full sh…

• NTFS Support

syrusstk - - General

Quote from gderf: “/ntfs is not a valid Container path. Only /data, /config, and /transcode are valid. ” Sorry to disappoint even /bunny is a valid name :)) it does not matter in official plex docker image forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6 Just because you are in denial it does not mean it's not working.

• NTFS Support

syrusstk - - General

Quote from gderf: “Quote from syrusstk: “Than for example give access to it to your plex server (all your mounted devices are under /srv mine has a funny long name forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6) ” You can not invent a docker Container path. ” :)) well it is not invented, I am using the official plex docker not the linuxserver one (it was failing to discover the server) hub.docker.com/r/plexinc/pms-docker/ If you read carefully: Source Code (1 line)you can pretty much a…

• Quote from Earthlings: “Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from David B: “I want to format one of my hard drives for NTFS ” Why? ” Don't ask why, just answer the question please. For example, just to make you happy, the reason I want to OMV to support NTFS is because I have 2TB drive (NTFS) filled with contents. Formatting it would erase all of the contents. So if OMV can support NTFS, then I won't have to reformat this drive. I can just plug it in and it's good to go. I do not want to move my contents …

• NTFS Support

syrusstk - - General

Actually you can use an NTFS HDD on your OMV with no problem at all not recommended but not that hard to do actually. The biggest problem I had was to actually have write access on the HDD and that was because windows does something stupid and blocks the HDD you need to fully shutdown while that HDD is connected to your windows system (Shift + Left click on shutdown button on windows 10) After that just plug it into your omv machine mount it and your pretty much done. Mount it in file system for…

• VPN - what are the internal VPN-IPs

syrusstk - - General

Quote from RudiSH: “Hi and thx, the port 1194 UDP is already open. What i have to change in my *opvn file ? I don't understand, what you mean. Do i have to change something in the first 14 lines ? ” Be sure that you have a Public address set (it is your internet address or your ddns address if you have a dynamic ip ) forum.openmediavault.org/index…6bf0316517c9cf803192f95a6 Or if you can't connect: If you are on OMV 4.x and use openmediavault-openvpn 4.0.1 you need to fix a bug in the server manu…

• VPN - what are the internal VPN-IPs

syrusstk - - General

Open port 1194 UDP in your router, edit your *.ovpn file that you use in your VPn client to match you internet IP address or DDNS address. Yes 10.8.0.2 is a normal IP as it is a DHCP local ip assigned by the vpn network, same as your PC connected to the router will have a 192.168.x.x that is the local ip.

• OpenVPN connection issue.

syrusstk - - Plugins

When I first set this up I had strange errors all over the place, I was connecting but tunnel, connection time outs, try to test it on PC first if it works on PC it will work on the phone, not sure if the maintainer has updated this issue, but make sure to check the server conf

• OpenVPN connection issue.

syrusstk - - Plugins

Have a look on this topic: OpenVPN - can't log in

• A new update was released (v1.3.0) New features: - add a custom logo to header Updates and fixes: - always backing up original file before edit - when changing themes and adding plugins sed is targeting pattern and not lines, this should make it compatible with previous versions and future proof - uninstall also closes the app - updated various leftover text in menu (when copy pasting from the internet the examples :)) ) - every customisation action has a revert option Please keep in mind: - jav…

• Quote from ywgf88: “my OMV is the latest version , so I think I can follow your guide; I have your theme according to your previous vedio, but when I followed this new vedio, and try to install new theme, but when I open the omv-theme and try to change another theme, I got this error: root@openmediavault:~# omv-theme rm: cannot remove '/var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.*.css': No such file or directory sed: can't read /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc: No…

• Did a complete overhaul of the omv-theme menu, themes and UI plugins are grouped in their own categories with a different selection menu. The main menu: 1. Themes 2. UI plugins 3 About 4 Update 5 Uninstall <Select> <Exit> The themes menu 1. <<< Back 2. Default 3. Blackish 4. Sour Cherry 5. Green Peace 6. Old Gold <Select> <Back> The ui plugins menu 1. <<< Back 2. Custom header <Select> <Back> The custom header menu 1. <<< Back 2. Set domain name 3. Apply custom header 4. Revert changes <Select> …

• Quote from flmaxey: “Changing the default background color is certainly helpful for server identification: However, it would be great if the hostname could be added to the top Openmediavault banner, in the middle, with Large letters. In any environment, when dealing with multiple servers, having the hostname prominently displayed is a much needed feature. (This is especially true for business servers.) ” I was thinking on working on a new side menu, but I think this one should be an easy one to …

• Glad that you managed to setup this, now regarding your last error, probably you assigned root user PUID 1000, root user (see askubuntu.com/questions/380767…770-so-that-the-directory). I always configured for all my docker containers the admin user, which is the user for OMV admin, which is PUID 998, you can check by id admin, change that in your nextcloud docker and it should fix this.

• Backup your "AppData" folder just in case, go into your running dockers select and click on modify, check if your config matches the tutorial, also a print screen of nextcloud docker config would be nice. The storage folder is defined in the docker config under /data from what I remember. To link the database you need to navigate to ip or domain But give us some context, version of OMV, docker config of Mariadb and Nextcloud, setting the user in the db is not the same as making a nextcloud user,…