Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

• Why should you use or not use dockers

dziekon - - General

Quote from ryecoaaron: “Quote from dziekon: “Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since version 5. I assume you're talking about plugins like Plex or NextCloud though, since stuff like ZFS is not achievable through Docker. ” There is no official notice and Volker hasn't said the core plugins will be going this route. I have said it many times since the downloa…

• Why should you use or not use dockers

dziekon - - General

Quote from raulfg3: “... plug-ins where deprecated for next OMV5 ... ” Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since version 5. I assume you're talking about plugins like Plex or NextCloud though, since stuff like ZFS is not achievable through Docker.

• Quote from Agricola: “After implementing Syncthing for a few days I have been getting "failed to setup inotify handler. Please increase inotify limits, see docs.syncthing.net/users/faq.html#inotify-limits" warnings at the top of my Syncthing GUI. Going to the link there are some commands to run, but after searching for how to implement it in omv, I'm not sure if I log into root and run the given commands, or if I should cd into some directory first. Just a little bread crumb in the right directi…

• Ok, it took me some time to prepare a fix for the GPT labeling problem. I took my time to prepare a more "future-proof" solution that also solves the devices referencing problems, and should be a solid foundation for future rework of the plugin. Feel free to review my code here: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…penmediavault-zfs/pull/54 So far, I've been able to confirm that the problem from the original post is now gone on my VM and real test machine. I was able to use HDD SATA drives, an NVMe dr…

• Quote from subzero79: “Seems like the creation of gpt is not necessary whether is straight block device or device mapper. This plugins needs to be completely redone, it has been patched through the years to work. ” Removing the GPT creation from the RPC is pretty straightforward, so even though I agree that the current plugin's state is a mess, I could still quickly create a patch for that. However, are we 100% sure that this is the way to go? I really don't want to waste my time for a patch tha…

• Quote from subzero79: “... zpool labelclear -f /dev/dm-1 this comes zpool labelclear -f /dev/dm-11 ” I've already reported it here: github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…nmediavault-zfs/issues/50 Quote from subzero79: “We need a statement to handle dm github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…mvzfs/Zpool.php#L123-L149 ” The problem is not limited to DM devices only. The same thing happens when using eg. NVMe drives. The biggest problem is that getDevDisks assumes the ZFS label has to be removed from the first par…

• error message

dziekon - - Network

Take a look at this post: mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

• I have a really weird problem with setting up a ZPool consisting of 2-HDD-drives mirror. I'm working with: * openmediavault v4.1.12 * linux kernel 4.18.6-1~bpo9+1 * openmediavault-zfs v4.0.4 custom build (built using current master, with my "by-id" device discovery fix) * openmediavault-luks v4.0.3 custom build (using subzero79's upgrade from this thread) * two 10TB WD Red Pro drives So, my steps to create this pool were as follow: 1. Two new LUKS devices have been created 2. Both devices have b…

• Quote from henfri: “Overpowered ” I didn't say my server's purpose is purely storage. Plus, it's weird that you've picked on my choice of CPU, while actually it was less expensive than the NVMe drive or even just one HDD I've picked. Quote from votdev: “I've added SMART support for NVM devices in openmediavault 4.1.10, see github.com/openmediavault/open…ca63548fa368727fe5e2b2c85. ” Thanks, great to hear that! Looking forward to 4.1.10 get released.

• Hi everyone, I've been recently configuring my OMV-based NAS, built with Ryzen CPU (2700) on ASRock board (X370 Gaming-ITXac), currently at OMV 4.1.9 with 4.17.0-0.bpo.1 Kernel. Currently I have 4 drives in total: - Plextor's PX-1TM8PEG connected to the only M.2 slot on the board - Goodram's cheap 120GB SSD connected via first SATA 3 slot (used as OS drive) - 2x WD Red Pros connected via SATA 3 slots no. 2 & 3 The problem I'm currently facing is the lack of Plextor's drive on Storage > S.M.A.R.T…