Search Results

Search results 1-19 of 19.

• Re: owncloud installer script

ufkal - - Plugins

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “The users in owncloud are different than OMV. So, yes they have to be active in owncloud. No users necessary in OMV. It was definitely the apache mod_rewrite mod not being enabled causing the problem.” Up and running. You sir are awesome! Thanks for all the help!

ufkal - - Plugins

This brings up a question. Do the users in the owncloud install need to be active (I guess thats the word) in OMV? I'm getting the same issue as rals2007 is. I'm trying to rewrite now.

• Re: Nginx and Reverse Proxys

ufkal - - Network

awesome. Thanks. That is really helpful!

ufkal - - Network

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “No problem And yes, I mean the website plugin for webgui. If you can't get that to work, name based configs are pretty easy to do using command line as well.” Thanks. I appreciate it. I'm always willing to learn command line. Do you know of any resources/sites that might have a walkthrough or general description of the process? I've been searching all day, but I'm so not sure what I'm exactly looking for. Thanks again.

ufkal - - Network

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Are they running on the same server? If so, I have multiple domains and subdomains on the same server without a reverse proxy. Name based virtual hosting solves that problem (website plugin does that if I remember correctly). If they are different ports, you can direct that with your router.” That for sure is good to know. I assume when you say website plugin you mean webgui for OMV? If so, then I may be on my way to making things work.. I'm slowly learning, and sometim…

ufkal - - Network

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Why the reverse proxy?” It was suggested to me that I would need a reverse proxy to be able to use my domain name and subdomains and access portions of the server (owncloud, wordpress).

• It does appear to be a very very weak 64bit processor. Oh well. I will use this on one of my other machines. It certainly saves time.

• This..This is AWESOME!. I appreciate you doing this. I am getting an error when I start the VM for the fist time. VT-x/AMD-V hardware acceleration is not available on your system. Your 64-bit guest will fail to detect a 64-bit CPU and will not be able to boot. I have confirmed multiple times I'm on a 64bit machine. But I am running windows 8. Is that a problem, or is it because I'm running an older processor. Again, thanks for making this and I can't get a regular install on my Virtual Box to wo…

• Nginx and Reverse Proxys

ufkal - - Network

Hi All, I'm desperately trying to not ask questions and use google and other searches but I'm having problems. I need to set up a reverse proxy on my OMV machine (I want to run OwnCloud and a couple other things). I was told that Nginx is a good program. Thing is, I'm a total noob to all of this and I have no idea what to do. I can't find any resources that walk me through setting up a reverse proxy (no matter what the program is). If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very gra…

ufkal - - Plugins

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “Port forward port 8080 to your omv system on your router. Then you can access it using yourinternetipaddress:8080. You can find your internet ip address here. I can help more if you tell me what router you are using.” Awesome, thanks. I'm using a Netgear running dd-wrt behind a uverse. I have subsonic port forwarded so it shouldn't be too difficult to remember how to do that. And then after that, I should go to my domain name host website and configure there so I don't …

ufkal - - Plugins

ok, so I get how the installer works, and I love it, can someone point me in the right direction to instructions or help for directing to it from outside my local domain (IE: using a domain name to that location or /owncloud) I've been banging my head on this one for a few days too. Thanks for being nice to the noob.

ufkal - - Plugins

Got it up and running on a fresh build. Lost all my previous configurations, but that's ok.. This all helps with the learning process. I'm very much a noob. Now to go figure out how to use this awesome. Thanks again for the awesome script!

ufkal - - Plugins

I just saw this. I've been trying to 3 days to get this to work. I've had to re-install my OMV multiple times. Which, of course if good practice. but dang, if this script work. You sir are the man. Are there any pre-reqs that need to be set up first? Or just run the lines of code and go? Thanks again for this.

• Re: Unofficial Plugin List

ufkal - - Plugins

Quote from "ryecoaaron": “I just tried on a clean build using this version (0.4.2-10) and it worked fine. I uploaded using the web interface, clicked install, and hit refresh on the browser. Then I went to plugins and click Check and all show up. Not sure what is going on.” Thanks!! I used it, did a couple of uninstall/reopen the web interface and it looks like it finally took. Thanks!!

• Re: Unofficial Plugin List

ufkal - - Plugins

Quote from "maihoaomv": “How do I get OMV-Plugins.org to work? When I click on "Stable" (then OK) I get the following error. It is the same for both .3 and .4. I have .4 OMV installed on 2 different servers and both get exactly the same error. Undefined index: fedaykin Error #0: exception 'ErrorException' with message 'Undefined index: fedaykin' in /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/omvpluginsorg.inc:151 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/omvpluginsorg.inc(151): exception_error_handler(8, 'Und…

• Quote from "jhmiller": “just run ./omv.sh again. You don't need to keep downloading omv.sh, just keep that file on your system and it will always download the latest install script.” excellent. Thanks. I appreciate it.

• 2) Once your logged in via SSH type following commands 1 by 1 and in this order: Source Code (4 lines) This will then run the script which is just a series of questions asking which applications you want to install and do you want stable or BETA versions etc. 3) Following this through and once its finished it will present you with a list of the URLs that you need to access each application. mcloum[/quote] when doing this I'm getting an error : root@-----:/# chmod +x /omv.sh root@-----:/# ./omv.s…

• Re: Copy from One Disk to Another

ufkal - - General

Quote from "tekkbebe": “If you are familiar with webmin use it. It will save a lot of time.. webmin.com/deb.html after "dpkg --install webmin_1.610_all.deb" do a "apt-get -f install" to install the rest of the dependencies.” Thanks to both of you who responded. This makes perfect sense. I was getting ready to remove OMV because of the lack of copy abilities. But now, I think I just may be able to get to know the system. Thanks a lot!!

• Copy from One Disk to Another

ufkal - - General

Greetings all, This is probably not the correct place, but I'm not sure where to post this question. I recently built my OMV on a very old Dell 400SC server box. I have 3 hard drives. I also have numerous removable hard drives. My question here, how can I copy files from one of my removable hard drives, to one of my drives in OMV. I know I can do it through the network via another computer but that will take days. On my Ubuntu server running Webmin, I can just copy and paste via the file manager…