Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 462.

• I meant on the same system at the same time. Ie. Look at the CLI you get one, at the GUI the other - if you’ve left Windows behind you won’t be looking at those numbers. But yes, knowledge is probably the best solution Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• True. But I think this is particularly confusing because users who run OMV and ZFS may eventually find themselves using the ZFS tools in the CLI and there is a mismatch between the way they each display sizes. At least if you moved from Win to Linux you don’t have 2 different figures staring at you. But then I suppose one could also argue that if you’re using the command line and the ZFS tools in the terminal then you should probably notice that one is TB and one is TiB. Took me a second to spot…

• Fair enough What about a footnote? “Please note: sizes displayed here are in TiB to stay in line with OMV. Sizes displayed by the zpool command are in TB.” Or is this just stupid? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hang on, one is TB one is TiB? Edit: yeah... TB from CLI, TiB in the plugin. Maybe this could be changed to avoid confusion? @ryecoaaron @subzero79 @MiXeDeMoTiOnS google “TB to TiB” to get a converter and have a look at the differences between them. The values are as they should be.

• Do you mean the OMV UI is still seeing the old size? Cos I don’t see an issue in the screenshots you posted. fc0c34212e2aa88e5793e75e71e60ddb.jpg Try exporting the pool then reimporting using the UI. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Another possibility is to have a 2nd Pi with the backup drive and use something like Syncthing. You can have this on the same lan or somewhere else. This is probably one of the easiest ways to transmit data between two locations - and what I mean by this is that the setup is very simple and the security concerns around Syncthing’s data port are next to zero. Yes, there’s SSH (with keys), rsync and cron, but Syncthing is easier out the box. Separate power supply, separate location etc etc. I have…

• I don’t use it but I think there’s also a plugin to backup to a USB drive when connected if this is suitable. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I don’t use Docker but isn’t everything containerised - including data? If this is the case, then yes, probably. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• If you copy from another machine via a share, it will always do a network copy. This is because the data comes out to the machine you are using, then back to the share and is inherently inefficient. This happens because the machine that is copying has no idea where the shares are located and sees them as two entirely separate drives regardless of where they actually are. The reason that it’s instant within the same share is because (unless you’ve done some stuff with symlinks/shortcuts) the data…

• Thanks for posting back with the solution. I’ve been caught out with an incorrectly set clock in the past. Not with this particular thing, but another certificate related issue. It took me a good 20 mins of swearing at it and scratching my head before I twigged. I think it’s one of those things that we don’t immediately think of because most of the time, if we are connected to the net, a time server usually fixes the issue before it occurs. Nevertheless, it obviously still happens. Sent from my …

• Quote from henfri: “Overpowered” For a pure file server at home? Sure. But I use that particular machine for a lot of other things. You’re assuming one might run openmediavault and have it doing just minor stuff. What if you transcode 4K and have 15 virtual machines running? Overpowered still? I think not. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• What’s wrong with that? I have a E5-2695v3 in one of mine. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I don’t use M.2 but it sounds like it could be a bug. If it’s available under Storage and the SMART info is available, then it’s obviously working from a kernel POV. @votdev Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Good news. I have posted on the thread over at Tapatalk about the double posting issue with the iOS app. I am hoping they will resume testing. In the mean time, avoid quoting more than 1 quote (including nested quotes) or you’ll get banned. Hopefully this will be resolved soon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks. Will hand this back to the Tapatalk guys. hopefully they are still able to do something about the iOS app posting issue. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• App still results in ban if quoting too much, but at least we have the plugin working again. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @votdev understandable - thank you again @hoppel118 Yay! Glad it’s working for you. *does little dance* Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Well that seems to have done it, so thank you! Out of interest, what version of PHP was it before? And what is it now? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• @chuckado please test Tapatalk now. It seems to be working for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hey wow, Tapatalk is working for me all of a sudden... @votdev if this is something you have changed then thank you! @hoppel118 does it work for you? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk