Search Results

Search results 1-4 of 4.

• Hi, Just wanted to update you all with where I'm at with this. jata1.... Thankyou for your detailed explanation and taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate it and you will be happy to know that things are working! I think it was a combination of a few things. I went back and did everything from the beginning and followed your steps. Hadnt enabled the correct file sharing setting on my Mac, also re-did the smb permissions. The other issue I found was to do with the ufw firewall on my …

• Hi everyone. I firstly would like to thankyou all for your help. I'm learning as I go and it's thanks to people here that help to understand everything about OMV. I was playing around last night and still not getting anywhere. A few questions: 1) What should I use? I've enabled SMB and Apple Filing and installed the Netatalk plugin. Didn't do anything to it. Just added the plugin. I want to be able to see a folder on my Mac called Media that I've created in the shared folders. I'd also like to a…

• Thankyou for therquick reply. I'm sure I've tried the smb//ipaddressalreasy but will give it another go. I was looking in priveleges. Do I need to select the user as in my user that is using my Macbook right now? At the moment it is just set as Pi as the user. I do notice that in Shared in Finder I see Raspberry Pi and also RaspberryPiSMB or something similar. But when I click on them nothing connects. Sorry if my questions are dumb. Im having a really busy week and very tired. Thankyou for your…

• Hi, I'm new to the world of OMV and have got it installed on a Raspberry Pi. I've added a 1tb USB hard drive that is formatted as EXT4 and shows up in OMV. Ive made a shared folder. Now I would like to access this folder on my Macbook. How do I do this? I thought it was simply a case of enabling smb but that didnt work. Then I installed a plugin to get Apple Filing. That hasnt worked either. I understand that you have to go in to those sections, (SMB or Apple Filing) and choose your shared folde…