Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• RAID 5 Lost, Not sure what to do.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

You didn't post the output of cat /proc/mdstat but since you moved on to the update-initramfs command I assume it worked, you should be able to access your data then.

• Xfce4 Failed Login

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

That is the right version. I'm getting a different error trying to run it on my rockpro but it is due to my user. I will have to look at this later but I do see a lot of problems on arm boards with this (not just OMV).

• OMV fails to start a web server

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from darkopi: “How can I run (and where) this command? I can not open omv webui or ssh. ” Connect a monitor and keyboard and login as root.

• RAID 5 Lost, Not sure what to do.

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Based on your post, it didn't assemble correctly. mdadm --stop /dev/md127 mdadm --assemble --force --verbose /dev/md127 /dev/sd[bcde] If it is assembling (look at cat /proc/mdstat), then: update-initramfs -u Then mount it (or reboot) mount -a

• Xfce4 Failed Login

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

What version of xrdp did you install?

• OMV fails to start a web server

ryecoaaron - - General

Quote from darkopi: “Is it possible to enable ssh ? ” ssh is enabled. It is just blocked for root. Just run the following commands and you will create a user that can login via ssh and has full sudo. sudo useradd -G sudo,ssh -s /bin/bash test555 sudo passwd test555 Quote from darkopi: “For price of better board I can almoust buy Sinology nas. ” Not true. A rock64 is the same price as an rpi and is MUCH better. I don't think you can get a synology for $35. Quote from darkopi: “Is it possible that…

• Borgbackup plugin add existing repo

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from Stramm: “May I assume that adding existing repos isn't supported so far? ” Correct. There are quite a few issues that can come up (like a borg repo created with an older version) that I don't really want to do with.

• Quote from Nefertiti: “I wish I could but root is not allowed until we give access in the GUI catch 22. ” I meant plug a keyboard and monitor into it and login as root.

• Docker localhost 42005

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Did you try rebooting? Login is root and post the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|docker"

• Have you tried logging in as root and running omv-firstaid? Posting the output of: tail /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log might help

• Quote from robster: “I assume I simply need to name the shared folders the same to have them appear with all their data intact etc? ” Yes but if you create the users in a different order, they may have a different ID. So, the files may been owned by the wrong owner. You can fix this with the resetperms plugin.

• Openvpn plugin on OVM4 ?

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from rwattstci: “This is the one plug-in that is stopping me from moving over to OMV 4. ” Unfortunately, there is no maintainer. So, I don't know how it is ever going to work on OMV 4 and almost no chance of being ported to OMV 5. Maybe @TechnoDadLife will make a video of his experiences with openvpn-as??

• Quote from donh: “sssd has been trying to improve speed for some time. I don't know what the limit is. ” At work, we use sssd connected to LDAP (sync'd from AD) with more than 10k users on Linux systems. Works well but we never try to enumerate all of them into a paginated web interface. I do have a couple of sssd Linux systems connecting to AD and while it seems to be just as fast as LDAP, it is very problematic. sssd has to be restarted at least five times a week. This happens on Ubuntu 16/18 …

• Quote from dziekon: “Can you provide a link to that deprecation notice? It's an important news for all plugin developers and I couldn't find any place where votdev states that plugins are "no-go" since version 5. I assume you're talking about plugins like Plex or NextCloud though, since stuff like ZFS is not achievable through Docker. ” There is no official notice and Volker hasn't said the core plugins will be going this route. I have said it many times since the downloader plugins weren't port…

• nextcloud or owncloud in docker

ryecoaaron - - General

Did you search the forum? We have a video thread posted the top of every forum Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced and there is a nextcloud in docker-specific video Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced

• Linear RAID suddenly disappeard

ryecoaaron - - RAID

Quote from bart70: “do you have a nice mergeFS tutorial ? ” Not really since it is so simple. You put drives in a mergerfs and it allows you to create shared folders from that pool. Then add the shared folder to whatever plugin needs it.

• Quote from robster: “Is there another way to do say, a clean install, yet somehow re-mount my raid drives etc properly? ” Yep. Install fresh and the filesystems should show up in the filesystems tab. Mount them there and re-create the users and shared folders.

• RAID 6: GPT table is corrupt

ryecoaaron - - RAID

It looks like you created the array with OMV which means it is not using partitions. So, a corrupt GPT doesn't cause any problems. It just means the drives weren't completely wiped before creating the array.

• Flash Memory Plugin and Plex -

ryecoaaron - - Plugins

Quote from tr3bjockey: “There is no documentation on the readme or the release notes. ” The config file (/etc/folder2ram/folder2ram.conf) it uses is the best source of documentation or the code that writes the config file - github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plug…avault/mkconf/flashmemory. You can see the mount points it "protects". Quote from tr3bjockey: “After the flash memory plugin is installed successfully, is there a downside to using this? ” No matter what the downsides, I definitely would not run…

• Quote from cezargradianu: “Any words of wisdom when setting up the OMV? ” Watch a video or two from here - Installation and Setup Videos - Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Don't use ntfs Try to stay away ACLs.