Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Error when deleting shared folder

zevleu - - General

Thanks for your advises flmaxey Server rebuilt completely (I took this opportunity to upgrade the hardware) and OMV is behaving properly now. I will for sure set up OS backups now to prevent this situation.

zevleu - - General

I was preparing myself to to that conclusion. .. I have several other apps running on my server, this will be a long weekend. Thx for your help.

zevleu - - General

I've installed the ResetPerm plugin. When I try to reset my non-referenced shared folder, I get the error "Failed to execute XPath query '//system/resetperms'.". Also, I forgot to mention that I cannot delete non-referenced SharedFolders, which is annoying, but I cannot create new SharedFolders as I get the same error message than when I delete one. I cannot modify anymore my omv config.

zevleu - - General

Thank you fimaxey for your repro. Let's go deeply into the details... I can repro exactly the same situation than yours, except that if I go a step further I find out that the SharedFolder is actually not deleted. This is the process: - I have 2 shared folders SF1 & SF2 without any reference - I delete SF1 and click on "Apply modifications" - I get the error message you had also - I click on "Cancel modification" to get SF1 back in the list - I delete once again SF1, and apply modif - Then SF1 d…

zevleu - - General

Thanks for your support. To help you in your repro, these are some hints: - my shared folders exists since omv 3.x or even omv 2.X - I see some old shared folders I don't use anymore, with status 'referenced', while they are not used anymore by any plugin or function, preventing me to delete them My guess would be that import of shared folders config from omv 3.x into omv 4.x failed in some ways, and generates troubles. I was willing to delete all my shared folders and recreate them, but as stat…

• I add this post to add a final conclusion to fix the erros in my fstab; 'hope it will help others. After each omv updates, my fstab was regenerated by omv with useless "/" which leads to system disk in read only. I finally deleted all my NFS shares in the UI and recreated them, and now the problem does not appear anymore. My conclusion is that the import of the internal NFS share configuration from omv 3.x to omv 4.x did not work properly and generate this kind of strange issue.

zevleu - - General

Hi, I'm facing exactly the same issue, same error message. I'm running omv 4, and I can't modify nor delete any share folders. After the modification, omv tries to remount all shared folders and fail with this error. @buers, did you manage to fix the issue?

• Hi, I have installed latest release of OMV4 and I still get this error while runing 'apt update'. Anyone knows if a fix is planned?

• And here we are with the last issue I was fed up trying to understand where are the configuration files in omv, so I did a basic grep -r on /etc /var and /opt. This is what I got: root@GemenosNAS:/# grep -r "8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f" /etc /etc/collectd/collectd.conf.d/df.conf: MountPoint "/srv/8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f" /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:check filesystem filesystem_srv_8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f with path "/srv/8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f…

• Here we are!! THE GOOD NEWS: I can get my system up & running by changing my fstab. And this explains how I fix it 1 year ago after migrating from omv2 to omv3: I thought it was after changing the spaces with tab, but I certainly did change other things. In my fstab, omv is adding automatically useless "/" or "/." for my bind (ie shares); if I remove them as described below, my filesystem is mounted properly. Before: /media/08967e29-5afc-4f65-8e49-344f9cc3c991/. /export/gemenos none bind 0 0 /me…

• As stated at the beginning, after reboot with my full fstab, I have my filesystem RO; if I force remount of / with RW, then mount -a all my disks are mounted properly and I don't get any error. My directory /srv is empty. The error message I got in syslog is related with mountpoint_srv_8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f and I have no blkid corresponding to this device.

• This is the output of the grep command: root@GemenosNAS:/etc/systemd/system# grep 8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f /etc/systemd/system/* grep: /etc/systemd/system/default.target.wants: Is a directory grep: /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants: Is a directory grep: /etc/systemd/system/halt.target.wants: Is a directory grep: /etc/systemd/system/local-fs.target.wants: Is a directory grep: /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants: Is a directory grep: /etc/systemd/system/network-online.targ…

• here is the output: Source Code (35 lines)No out put at all from grep. I did not remove any shared folders, but thinking twice, maybe the RemoteMout I was trying to create was conflicting with an existing share. I disabled NFS and I still get the same RPCerror when logging In. Looking at the UI, I've found out the plugin menu "RemoteMout" is still in the UI, while the plugin is actually removed from the plugin list. Enablind/disabling it does not change anything.

• The only idea I may have is related with the omv boot scripts (checkroot.sh) which are parsing and overriding the fstab. But I didn't find any log or idea, which may point these scripts as guilty. Also, if it can help, after successful reboot (without the bind), I receive the following alert email from OMV: Quote: “Status failed Service mountpoint_srv_8abf44ac-b95a-425c-8f8c-b688852dbf3f Date: Tue, 08 May 2018 16:57:05 Action: alert Host: GemenosNAS Description: status failed (1) -- mountpoint: …

• Fstab is not modified after omv-mkconf. Here it is: Source Code (25 lines)You will see in omv sections the 4 bind for my NFS export. If I remove them, omv boots properly. As soon, as I keep them, my filesystem is in RO mode. Honestly, I'm totally stuck...

• BTW, last year after migration from OMV2.0 to 3.0, I had a similar issue (File system in ReadOnly mode) which I fixed by modifying my fstab. I'm now pretty sure it was after testing the same plugin RemoteMount... I did fix it by chance, but the root cause (I thought it was fstab format) was not very convincing...

• Hi, thx for your prompt reply FYI, I've already ensure pkg RemoteMount was removed. But here are the info. Source Code (11 lines) Source Code (2 lines)Source Code (60 lines)

• Hi, I've upgraded to OMV 4.0 and my upgrade went really fine, except few warnings I succeeded to get rid of easily. I tried to use the plugin RemoteMount and did not succeed to mount properly my NFS partition, so finally gave up and remove the plugin. After plugin removal and reboot, my file system is going in RO mode only. After 1 day trials (hopefully I was able to force remount in rw), I find out that I can get my file system on sda1 back in rw mode, if I remove the shared partitions exported…

• Godness... I've fixed this issue and I can't believe it can happen :oops: :twisted: The root cause was that I had space instead of tab wetween characters in my /etc/fstab for my exports :oops: What is unbelievable is that: 1/ this fstab did work fine on debian 7, 2/ export was not binded and generate errors with nfsd, which causes finally my filesystem mounted in read only !! :twisted: I guess there is something to investigate here on OS side, as this is tricky to analyse (no debug info as file …

• that's also my concern: dmesg does not show any error when mounting the disk. I forgot to mention in my initial post: SmartCtl long test is PASS. There is no error on my disk.