Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 72.

• I use Lubuntu 18.04 and have problems with my samba shares. The problems occur when using PCmanFM, a GUI tool, but also when copying data via terminal. I can copy some files but then sometimes the connection breaks. It happens mostly when I use mp3fs. This is a file system that converts from flac (and others) to mp3 on the fly, e.g. while accessing. It works by mounting a directory in fstab with mp3fs and which has another directory with the original files as its parent. So when I access the mou…

• I think I uploaded just audio files and my setting was for video.

• My client is not refreshing correctly. It does not show up a folder I added recently. I never experienced this issue. I tried to force reload and stuff like here. The files dissappear from my client and then come back, but the new folder is still missing. I have tried to rename the folder. I also checked the permissions, they are all the same for all folders and files (and I also chmoded them to make sure). The minidlna file is owned by user minidlna (I saw a post where the owner was root and th…

• Missing documentation, add disk to RADI6

bvrulez - - RAID

I was able to add a spare disk via command line following this guide (without the conversion from RAID5 to 6 of course, because I already have RAID6): ewams.net/?date=2013/05/02&vie…g_RAID5_to_RAID6_in_mdadm However, I still don't know what the problem with the GUI was.

• Missing documentation, add disk to RADI6

bvrulez - - RAID

Hi, I want to add a HDD to my RAID 6 which at the moment consists of 6 disks and no spare disk. I am not able to grow the RAID in the GUI. The 7th disk does not show up in the window where I can chose disks to include them into the RAID. I tried to format it with EXT4. I tried to mount it. I also unounted it and deleted it from the list of file systems. The documentation does not show a lot: openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…est/features.html#storage What is the right order to do this? Does a disk …

• MiniDLNA FastForward over Samsung TV

bvrulez - - Plugins

You are right.

• MiniDLNA FastForward über Samsung TV

bvrulez - - Plugins

My Samsung TV enables me to fast forward streams from the miniDLN server, but just in fixed, short periods. Is there a way to fast forward larger chunks? ----- Ich nutze miniDLNA um mit meinem Samsung Fernseher auf die Ordnerstruktur meiner Videos zuzugreifen. Plex nutze ich nicht, weil ich finde, dass der Zugriff über die Ordner am schnellsten geht. Bisher gab es zwei große Mankos dieses Setups. Erstens wurden Videos immer nur von vorn abgespielt. Das wurde nun in einem update offenbar geändert…

• Welcher Medienserver

bvrulez - - Plugins

Ja, danke, hab's gerade schon installiert. Hatte ganz vergessen, dass man erst das OMV-Extra installieren muss.

• Welcher Medienserver

bvrulez - - Plugins

Hallo, früher lief bei mir unter OMV 2 als DLNA-server miniDLNA. Gibt es den heute noch?

• My RAID6 was not mounted. Thank you a lot! If someone reads this: Activating the samba shares involves a lot, especially enabling samba under general settings in samba itself. My shares where indicated green already (I think), although I overlooked to enable the whole thing!

• Actually, I read the issue list by accident in the last days, already, but could not make a connection between my errors and "missing fields and/or items showing that have been uninstalled". Browser on different machine worked fine already. Shared folder error does not come up any more in fresh browser. However, it came when trying to "add" shared folder and then pick a device. Now, no device is listed. I suppose listed devices should be the ones from filesystems, in my case /dev/md127 (and (/de…

• I managed to install OMV4.1.3 onto a 40GB SSD connected via SATA and my RAID6 is already recognized in the GUI. However, the GUI shows several issues. I attached two screenshots, one from when I was trying to add a share and another one from trying to add a user. A third one is from when trying to shut down the OMV. Also, I noticed a main difference: After saving changes I no longer have to update the site. I was running OMV 2 before and suspect this to be normal, right?

• I think it is the case. I just tried two sticks with OS X Mavericks and Etcher and they both did not even show up in UEFI boot for chosing.

• Yes exactly, thank you very much for elaborating! It never crossed my mind that UEFI is not supported. Is this common knowledge? My RAID5 with 9 disks is inside the housing of my original PC tower. That's actually the reason for my PC's HDD beeing in legacy mode, because I just took it out there and put it into my Shuttle Barebone back then. It took me two days now to find the problem. But at least I learned a lot. Thank you very much again! I never tested the USB with the OMV because I wanted t…

• I also now put GParted live onto one of the broken devices (broken according to F3). It works fine booting up my PC and my laptop.

• Quote from tkaiser: “Quote from bvrulez: “I am not running it in legacy mode, thus it's UEFI. ” Unable to install/boot OMV from my new setup ” Thanks for the suggestion. I actually had it running in legacy mode for some years now because I had the original HDD just cloned back then. But I am definitely running in UEFI mode now and the Asus F205 laptop is also running in UEFI mode, or at least there is no option to change it. And even if I had legacy running then booting should be possible becaus…

• By BIOS I mean the UEFI setup menu on boot. I am 37 years old, for me this is still the BIOS. But I am not running it in legacy mode, thus it's UEFI. To summarize this thread: I have a working USB flash with 8GB that is able to boot GParted live. I used this one to put the OMV4.iso on it using a tool called Tuxboot for Linux. This results in the stick showing up in the boot menu but upon chosing it the menu will just re-appear. No booting from the USB. I also tried using the disk utility, Unetbo…

• I just found another 8GB key with a working GParted on it, meaning I am able to boot to GParted-live with this key on my laptop and my PC. I checked this key with F3probe, which gave "the real thing" and then flashed the OMV413.iso with the correct checksum onto the key using Etcher. Now, the key is not recognized by both computers' BIOS.

• I used a third key yesterday, also Kingston 8GB. It was labeled "the real thing" by F3 and I used Etcher to put the Iso on it. I veryfied the checksum of the downloaded iso as gderf suggested. It is not appearing as boot media in my Asus laptop and in my Shuttle PC. EDIT: I just tested a fourth key, also fine according to F3 and successfull flash according to Ether, but also not showing up in both boot menus. Boot from USB works, I tested it with the working key with clonezilla on it.

• My Kingston 16 GB and 8 GB USB storage both are "damaged". I hardly used them. I really appreciate your reply, because I did not know neither etcher nor F3.